Author Topic: NFL mid-season report  (Read 886 times)

Shallow Jr

• Lil Geezy
Re: NFL mid-season report
« Reply #45 on: November 26, 2012, 12:45:50 PM »
Im not arguing with you about this, ive seen that go on too many times and its excruciating to even read.

Read this and take a deep breath already, jesus.  This goes more toward the Giants-Pats back and forth that took place a while ago, but I just want to put a little context to this guy you claim is so overrated, by comparing him to someone who can do no wrong for a lot of sports fans (not necessarily you).

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012-02-02/super-bowl-2012-eli-manning-tom-brady-qb-comparison

I know thats not king peyton but only eli, but the way you talk about brady and describe any and every cirumstance that seems to go his way as if these same things dont happen for other qbs and nfl players is nauseating.  "Edleman had to slow down for a ball"....really?  "Hes dan marino"....who said that?  "a rb scores a td"....so what?  The guy had FOUR TDS.  FOUR.  You arguing every little detail you perceive as somehow diminishing the fact he had FOUR TDS doesnt make a case for your argument, not at all.  Fact - he was the QB who helped make the Jets D look silly.  To act like Peyton Marino or Lil Eli throw every ball perfectly on target or are geniuses beyond mistakes makes me laugh.  Give credit where its due.  And im no Patriots fan by any stretch of the imagination.   

I never said Manning or anyone always throw an a perfect ball. When Wayne ran wide openfor the TD in the Colts SB win over the Bears; it was a safe lob by Manning to Wayne that was underthrown. I called it a plain and simple blown coverage by the Bears. To call it Peyton picking apart a defense is absurd. Peyton did not pick apart the Bears defense that day. He played a decent game but in the end itwas more about the Bears losing it than the Colts winning it. The best thing Peyton did in that game was hand the ball off.

All year I'm hearing Manning can't throw deep anymore but I've been seeing perfect shots 40 plus yards down the field to Thomas in stride; he threw another beauty yesterday. I hear debates in the league after week 8 about Rodgers vs Brady; who is the best QB right now. On ESPN the argument for Rodgers was the second best passer rating, and the argument for Brady was the second best QBR. Manning was first in both categories with by far the worser of the three offenses and no one wants to say it, an people are afraid to say it because the rings to match up.

But when I say he's head and shoulders better than every other QB playing in the game right now I mean it, and I don't have and sentimental reason for saying it. I'd say the same thing aout Jordan in the 90s, and I hated the Bulls and him. Peyton is as much better than the other QBs as Barry Sanders was better than the other RBs in the 90s. Manning vs Brady should be treated like Barry vs Emmit. The sad thing is that one day and you can already see the signs is because of numbers on paper Emmit will begin present a valid argument and you can already see it starting now, but anyone that watched them play easily knew better.

1.  Picking apart a defense doesnt always include breathtakingly perfect throws.  Sometimes dink and dunking down the field as weve both spoke of with Brady and Manning will do the same job.

2.  Im not saying Brady is a better QB than Peyton, or anyone really, but I dont think the hate toward Brady is warranted either.  The guy is elite, no argument.  And he, along with his teammates, made the Jets D look silly on Thanksgiving.  If you dont wanna call that "picking it apart", ok fine.  I will anyway.

Tom Brady is not elite and its not debatable. If you think about it logically, Chad Pennington is every bit as good as Tom Brady. The fact that you want to mention Brady in the same breath as a god like Peyton is blasphemous.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #46 on: November 26, 2012, 02:21:20 PM »
Im not arguing with you about this, ive seen that go on too many times and its excruciating to even read.

Read this and take a deep breath already, jesus.  This goes more toward the Giants-Pats back and forth that took place a while ago, but I just want to put a little context to this guy you claim is so overrated, by comparing him to someone who can do no wrong for a lot of sports fans (not necessarily you).

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012-02-02/super-bowl-2012-eli-manning-tom-brady-qb-comparison

I know thats not king peyton but only eli, but the way you talk about brady and describe any and every cirumstance that seems to go his way as if these same things dont happen for other qbs and nfl players is nauseating.  "Edleman had to slow down for a ball"....really?  "Hes dan marino"....who said that?  "a rb scores a td"....so what?  The guy had FOUR TDS.  FOUR.  You arguing every little detail you perceive as somehow diminishing the fact he had FOUR TDS doesnt make a case for your argument, not at all.  Fact - he was the QB who helped make the Jets D look silly.  To act like Peyton Marino or Lil Eli throw every ball perfectly on target or are geniuses beyond mistakes makes me laugh.  Give credit where its due.  And im no Patriots fan by any stretch of the imagination.   

I never said Manning or anyone always throw an a perfect ball. When Wayne ran wide openfor the TD in the Colts SB win over the Bears; it was a safe lob by Manning to Wayne that was underthrown. I called it a plain and simple blown coverage by the Bears. To call it Peyton picking apart a defense is absurd. Peyton did not pick apart the Bears defense that day. He played a decent game but in the end itwas more about the Bears losing it than the Colts winning it. The best thing Peyton did in that game was hand the ball off.

All year I'm hearing Manning can't throw deep anymore but I've been seeing perfect shots 40 plus yards down the field to Thomas in stride; he threw another beauty yesterday. I hear debates in the league after week 8 about Rodgers vs Brady; who is the best QB right now. On ESPN the argument for Rodgers was the second best passer rating, and the argument for Brady was the second best QBR. Manning was first in both categories with by far the worser of the three offenses and no one wants to say it, an people are afraid to say it because the rings to match up.

But when I say he's head and shoulders better than every other QB playing in the game right now I mean it, and I don't have and sentimental reason for saying it. I'd say the same thing aout Jordan in the 90s, and I hated the Bulls and him. Peyton is as much better than the other QBs as Barry Sanders was better than the other RBs in the 90s. Manning vs Brady should be treated like Barry vs Emmit. The sad thing is that one day and you can already see the signs is because of numbers on paper Emmit will begin present a valid argument and you can already see it starting now, but anyone that watched them play easily knew better.

1.  Picking apart a defense doesnt always include breathtakingly perfect throws.  Sometimes dink and dunking down the field as weve both spoke of with Brady and Manning will do the same job.

2.  Im not saying Brady is a better QB than Peyton, or anyone really, but I dont think the hate toward Brady is warranted either.  The guy is elite, no argument.  And he, along with his teammates, made the Jets D look silly on Thanksgiving.  If you dont wanna call that "picking it apart", ok fine.  I will anyway.

Tom Brady is not elite and its not debatable. If you think about it logically, Chad Pennington is every bit as good as Tom Brady. The fact that you want to mention Brady in the same breath as a god like Peyton is blasphemous.

Thank God you showed up. Remember, all thanks to Pennington the 1-15 Dolphins went 11-5. So it's safe to say Pennington is actually better than Princess Tombelina, whose first born son has his mother's maiden name. Antonio Cromartie has like 25 kids, doesn't even know half their names, but each and everyone one of them have the last name Cromartie.

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #47 on: November 26, 2012, 02:42:02 PM »

lmao
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #48 on: November 26, 2012, 09:55:06 PM »
And things even went worse for the Jets.  So much that Fireman Ed is done with the team for the rest of the season.  He'll still go to the games but won't be wearing the fireman helmet or going as fireman ed cause of other fans behavior towards him for wearing Mark Sanchez's jersey.  It would just be easier if he just be a giants fan.  Oh wait, the giants got a 100,000 waiting list.  Honestly, like the fraudgers the jets need to clean house.  Only untouchables on the team is revis & mangold.  Play the 3rd string player.  If they keep sanchez, no more passing 40+ times.  Tebow must be traded.  Why he chose that circus is beyond me  ???  Maybe trade Bart Scott to the lions.  They need veteran players on defense. 

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #49 on: November 26, 2012, 11:00:06 PM »
Stop talking about the Jets. ESPN Radio just talks about them all day. I'm sick of hearing about them. They just suck.

Anyway, 49ers are a Superbowl lock. Book it.

49ers/Brady.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2012, 08:29:18 AM »
Stop talking about the Jets. ESPN Radio just talks about them all day. I'm sick of hearing about them. They just suck.

49ers/Brady.

I don't think anyone is a lock anywhere this January, but if the Broncos get the #2 seed they're going to the Superbowl. The only team that can win in NE for the Wildcard game is a healty Steelers, but a guy like haley needs a star leader QB to be effective so unless they can get Warner out of retirement they need Ben healthy. That being said, I'm officially starting the Brett Favre rumours now. No other AFC Wildcard team has a chance at making it out of the Wildcard round. Th divisional playoff week in the AFC is a coin toss.

For the NFC the Bears can beat anyone at home, but on the road they only have a chance against ATL, so for the Bears they better hope they get the #2 seed. The Giants can beat anyone aywhere and to a lesser extent so can the Packers.

If it does turn out to be Niners and Pats then the Nines will wn a close, low scoring game. That pass rush will destroy Brady but Bill will forcea lo of mistakes from Kap, and I wouldn'tbe surprised if Alex Smith gets in the game by the end after 2 or 3 picks by Colin.

If the Broncos make it out of the AFC Manning will eat up any NFC defense he faces. The way they are playing now I can't see the Broncos losing to anyone at home in January, or losing in Houston, but if they have to travel to NE the better hope McGahee is back and running with rage, because the finesse pass game will get beat up in the cold weather and the Denver Tampa 2 will miss too many tackles agaist the screen game of the Pats.

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2012, 05:51:38 PM »

49ers/Brady.
4give me CC, i've been corrupted by ESPN.  Plus I wondered what mr. wilson thinks about that.  I'm tired of hearing about them & Tebow.  I do feel the same way about the media always giving the overrated multiple time NFC paper champions since the 90's the eagles.  Acting like they're always gonna win the SB.  And everytime the media gets smart & not consider them SB worthy they  :'(:boohoo: about not getting any respect.  Then of course they prove me & the smart critics right by choking & disappointing. 

I don't think anyone is a lock anywhere this January, but if the Broncos get the #2 seed they're going to the Superbowl. The only team that can win in NE for the Wildcard game is a healty Steelers, but a guy like haley needs a star leader QB to be effective so unless they can get Warner out of retirement they need Ben healthy. That being said, I'm officially starting the Brett Favre rumours now. No other AFC Wildcard team has a chance at making it out of the Wildcard round. Th divisional playoff week in the AFC is a coin toss.

For the NFC the Bears can beat anyone at home, but on the road they only have a chance against ATL, so for the Bears they better hope they get the #2 seed. The Giants can beat anyone aywhere and to a lesser extent so can the Packers.

If it does turn out to be Niners and Pats then the Nines will wn a close, low scoring game. That pass rush will destroy Brady but Bill will forcea lo of mistakes from Kap, and I wouldn'tbe surprised if Alex Smith gets in the game by the end after 2 or 3 picks by Colin.

If the Broncos make it out of the AFC Manning will eat up any NFC defense he faces. The way they are playing now I can't see the Broncos losing to anyone at home in January, or losing in Houston, but if they have to travel to NE the better hope McGahee is back and running with rage, because the finesse pass game will get beat up in the cold weather and the Denver Tampa 2 will miss too many tackles agaist the screen game of the Pats.
[/quote]
The donkeys will lose at houston.  Heck, the texans whooped them in mile high.  Peyton will wish he had chosen Frisco instead of chasing extra millions with denver. 

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2012, 08:09:42 PM »

49ers/Brady.
4give me CC, i've been corrupted by ESPN.  Plus I wondered what mr. wilson thinks about that.  I'm tired of hearing about them & Tebow.  I do feel the same way about the media always giving the overrated multiple time NFC paper champions since the 90's the eagles.  Acting like they're always gonna win the SB.  And everytime the media gets smart & not consider them SB worthy they  :'(:boohoo: about not getting any respect.  Then of course they prove me & the smart critics right by choking & disappointing. 

The donkeys will lose at houston.  Heck, the texans whooped them in mile high.  Peyton will wish he had chosen Frisco instead of chasing extra millions with denver. 
[/quote]

It's a different Denver team than they were early in the season, and both sides of the ball will only be clicking more by January. If they have to travel to NE I see them losing. They may even lose to NE in Denver. But the Pats are the only team that can beat them in January. I don't see Houston making it out of the divisional if Denver gets the #2. Either Baltimore, NE, or a healthy Pitt will all go into Houston and win. Unless somehow Cinci or Indy get past the wildcard.