Author Topic: Big Hutch Calls Out Tyga For Allegedly Adding "187" To His Name  (Read 1788 times)

aerroc

Big Hutch Calls Out Tyga For Allegedly Adding "187" To His Name
« on: February 22, 2013, 01:43:04 PM »

The emcee/producer also known as Cold187um since the late '80s says that Tyga is "biting."

Veteran Pomona, California emcee/producer Big Hutch (a/k/a Cold 187um) has taken umbrage with Young Money Records artist Tyga recently adding "187" to his name.

In a post yesterday (February 21st) on his manager's Big Shot Music site, Hutch stated his disagreements. “I’m not cool with Tyga’s use of 187 as his brand for his project(s) because he didn’t holla at me about it. Everyone knows who the real 187um is out here in Southern California. That name had been relevant for over two decades and now some new young cat comes along and thinks he can just run with it without at least talking to the originator of the brand?”

The Above The Law co-founder added, “You can’t just use somebody’s name or brand to glorify your own existence. That’s called 'biting.' Whether people think it’s a big deal or not…what happens when people start referring to him as 'Tyga 187' or 'that is the 187 guy;' that simply doesn’t sit well with me, especially surrounding the fact him or none of his associates took the time to holla at me about it knowing I’m still a relevant entity in Hip-Hop. If he was to call himself Tyga 'Cocaine,' the real Kokane would have a problem with it. If he was to call himself Tyga 'Quick' or Tyga '8,' the real [DJ] Quik and [MC] Eiht would have a problem with it plain and simple. It’s their brand.”

Previously, Gang Starr's Guru publicly criticized then Roc-A-Fella Records engineer/A&R Young Guru for similar principles. The last three years have also seen a high-profile dispute between Freeway Ricky Ross and the rapper Rick Ross, that has resulted in legal action.

Tyga has yet to officially announce a name-change. In November, the Los Angeles, California artist released a mixtape called 187, which also featured a single of the same name.

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Big Hutch Calls Out Tyga For Allegedly Adding "187" To His Name
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 01:44:56 PM »
lol fuck this dude. He just mad.

That’s called 'biting.' Whether people think it’s a big deal or not…what happens when people start referring to him as 'Tyga 187' or 'that is the 187 guy;' that simply doesn’t sit well with me, especially surrounding the fact him or none of his associates took the time to holla at me about it knowing I’m still a relevant entity in Hip-Hop.
Haha what the hell?? :laugh:
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 01:49:23 PM by UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over »

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 01:58:49 PM »
cold 187um is a legend he has a point.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2013, 02:09:57 PM »
cold 187um is a legend he has a point.

yep

and Tyga isn't some new cat he must be well aware of ATL and what they meant for the west coast in the 90s

h2k4

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2013, 04:12:03 PM »
This is stupid.  If he says "Everyone knows who the real 187um is out here in Southern California." then why is he tripping?  Nobody is associating Tyga with "187" LOL.  If that's the case, then why didn't he get mad at Snoop and Dre for making the Deep Cover song. 

Dude is salty and just trying to keep his name afloat in the ever-changing landscape of hip hop.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2013, 04:24:04 PM »
This is stupid.  If he says "Everyone knows who the real 187um is out here in Southern California." then why is he tripping?  Nobody is associating Tyga with "187" LOL.  If that's the case, then why didn't he get mad at Snoop and Dre for making the Deep Cover song. 

Dude is salty and just trying to keep his name afloat in the ever-changing landscape of hip hop.

did u just fucking compare DR DRE to TYGA????

iDontTrip

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2013, 05:23:53 PM »
If that's the case, then why didn't he get mad at Snoop and Dre for making the Deep Cover song. 

who says he didnt??  :laugh: :laugh:
opinion
   [uh-pin-yuhn]
noun
a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.
a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.
the formal expression of a professional judgment: to ask for a second medical opinion.

KC-HOODSTA

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2013, 05:34:11 PM »
big hutch needa stop bein a lil girl about this. first of all nigga HASNT been relevant since what? 98?? and u have to be pretty big on hip hop or ol school hip hop to know about above the law. cuz young niggaz aint knowin bout ATL. secondly tyga never changed his name. it's the name of his fuckin MIXTAPE!!!!!!! a weak mixtape at that but still a mixtape. legend or not dude needa stfu an stop tryna regulate these young niggaz. cuz im sure they wouldn't have liked a og dude tryna tell'em shit.

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2013, 05:55:10 PM »
This dude needs to sit his ass down

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2013, 06:43:25 PM »
fuck Tyga, he a bitch

papa-smurf

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2013, 09:32:25 AM »
did he say he still a relevant entity in Hip-Hop? LMAO.Thathad 2 be afucking joke.he must be higher than the price of gas.vanilla ice & mc hammer is more relevant than him.

Sccit

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2013, 10:17:22 AM »
^actually, he's doin real well wit the juggalo crowd, considering he just dropped an album on psychopathic records.

he has a point, tho... First of all, he ain't no killa. Second, son is biting.

KC-HOODSTA

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2013, 04:39:05 PM »
^actually, he's doin real well wit the juggalo crowd, considering he just dropped an album on psychopathic records.

he has a point, tho... First of all, he ain't no killa. Second, son is biting.

biting how?

i dont see how biting a nigga(who he prolly dont even know) who had a name OVER 20 years ago! and hasn't been relevant AT ALL! fuck the ICP record label thats worse than fckin KOCH! tyga aint bitin nobody cuz nobody sound like him and nobody got his style at all. only person close to comparison is Big sean and he is def. a better rapper.

JML-G

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2013, 08:10:08 AM »
Tyga didnt put to 187 to his name tho

his single with Officer Ross was titled 187 and even that had to be changed for Dope, so how do u expect him to have that combination on everything he does!?

BIGWORM

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2013, 09:29:34 AM »
Fuck a tyga and all these biting ass new school artists. Also fuck you fans that support these bustas.