Author Topic: Goldie Loc Says Snoop Dogg was paying them 1%  (Read 1433 times)

elmizzy

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: Goldie Loc Says Snoop Dogg was paying them 1%
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2013, 02:48:18 PM »
and if Goldie was being "exploited" why the hell did he stick around to do Warzone etc...??? makes no sense

he just mad at snoop cuz this flopped:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/19zD2LxY0oM" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/19zD2LxY0oM</a>

he was fuckin wit snoop just recently...lol smh

WHAT. THE. FUCK.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2013, 02:48:47 PM »
Snoops a bitch and everyone who came up through the camp got held back by him
But at the same time, Snoop isn't as business-minded as some of the other heads and generally wasn't willing to yield the stage to other people at any point in his career, really... which is a huge flaw if you're going to be the head of a label and eventually scouting talent and trying to turn them into something profitable.  However, I can't blame him too much, when you look at who his examples where when coming up.  First, you have Suge, who was fucking over people financially and was too unwilling to leave street shit behind.  Second, you have Dre, who was able to recruit a lot of talented artists to his label, but for whatever reason, he didn't get around to putting out albums for most of them, let alone his own follow-up, fourteen years later and counting.  Third, you have Master P, who did the opposite, and put out albums for everyone, which was clever at first (since the marketing for all of the future projects was done within their own album inserts), but then the hip-hop market was oversaturated with No Limit releases, and it wasn't helped by Master P trying to do No Limit everything else (i.e. movies, sports agency, clothing, toys, 1-900 line).

My only issue is I really wish Snoop would've released more projects from other artist. But at the time Snoop was also looking to get his own career on track after the Death Row departure / being written-off by the industry after that horrible No Limit debut.

If only Snoop had the business mind of 50 Cent he would've released solo projects from Tray Deee, Butch Cassidy, and Kokane.
Snoop was already getting his career back on track, as No Limit Top Dogg was a solid release (and came before Tha Eastsidaz album dropped), and Tha Last Meal was also decent.  On track or not on track, he's Snoop -- he has enough name recognition to make profitable solo albums, and ironically, out of those three No Limit albums, which one sold the most?  The garbage one.

He did try to put out some other albums though... both Eastsidaz albums were steps toward that, and then there was that Dogghouse Allstars compilation or whatever it was called.  I bought it, but I really only liked Dogghouse America.  But unfortunately, we didn't see any non-Snoop albums outside of Doggy's Angels, and even that one is kind of borderline since they still somewhat relied on the "Doggy" name... and I'd assume that the girls didn't pick that.  Puffy is an attention whore, but despite being all in the videos and all on the records (like Suge said), he wasn't branding people as an extension of him.  It was 112 and Dream, not Puffy's Boys and Puffy's Girls.

But even at the height of over-the-counter music purchases, it would've been hard to get people like Tray Deee, Butch Cassidy and Kokane to be successful.  I could probably fuck with a whole Tray Deee album, but an album of just Butch Cassidy or Kokane would get boring really fast, unless it were plastered with rappers' verses on each track... and at that point, it's not so much their album.

that's an intelligent post and I agree with most of it, but Tray Deee and Goldie put in most of the work on that album, and they should have been compensated accordingly. But you're spot on on their responsibility as far as signing shitty deals is concerned and that if it wasn't for the album being advertised as "snoop dogg presents" they would have never gone even gold.

by the way in 2000 Goldie Loc was a rookie in the game, he was like 22 and had no experience in the rap game except for his "20 minutes" track on Snoop's No Limit Top Dogg. Tray Deee is a complete different ball game, though.
But at that point, that was when a lot of rappers were finally becoming aware of what a good or bad contract looks like, relative to where they are in their career.  You said it yourself -- Goldie Loc was fairly new to the game as far as being an actual recording artist that puts out an album (rather than just contributing to one song off of one album), and no one new without a shitload of hype is going to get a bunch of points right off the bat, especially when it's a group album and the artist money already has to be split into three ways anyway, instead of just one.

I'm happy to hear Goldie Loc has been talkin' with Tray Deee and they squashed their beef, but it's messed up that they got fucked over like that. I don't think that their relationship with Snoop will be the same it was back in the day. Tray Deee been down with Snoop since 1994 and from what i've read and heard, he always had his back. When people from Death Row was tryin' to get at Snoop at The Source Awards in 2000, Tray Deee was knockin' out people while Snoop was runnin' scared.
I remember reading an article in one of the magazines (probably The Source) about Eastsidaz when the album dropped, and they were talking about Tray Deee's rep and saying something about how he was in the frontlines in the '80s when stuff was really going down.  I remember him talking about jail and pointing at certain objects in the room (I think he said a DVD case and maybe a soda can) and saying how he could turn it into a spear, which at the time was funny to me at first, until I learned about all that stuff, like inmates making shanks from deodorant.

bouli77

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2013, 02:57:15 PM »
 Puffy is an attention whore, but despite being all in the videos and all on the records (like Suge said), he wasn't branding people as an extension of him.  It was 112 and Dream, not Puffy's Boys and Puffy's Girls.

well there was Diddy Dirty Money

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2013, 02:58:29 PM »
Snoop comes from the Jerry Heller family tree of running a label. I'm not surprised.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2013, 03:43:02 PM »
well there was Diddy Dirty Money
But Puff was at least in that group though, wasn't he?

bouli77

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2013, 04:17:02 PM »
well Snoop was a part of Tha Eastsidaz as well, he just wasn't rapping on all their songs, but he was still a member of the group, otherwise he would have been listed as "featuring Snoop Dogg" on each song he rapped on like he was on Doggy's Angels.

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Showin naked ass in the great state of Texas
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2013, 06:54:22 AM »

what were they doing before snoop put any of em on

once snoop taught any of them how to walk

they should have got out there and got it on their own.

snoop push them more than he held them back

nigga got them movies, national recognition  1% better than what they had prior to everything else.these niggas would still be in the hood, snoop had these clowns everywhere.

They contract fucked up,u a man go talk to him,dont like it, start ya own shit up or get with niggas u befriended in the industry.

alot of these niggas dont wanna put in work, quik put suga free on, suga free got out and got his with and without quik. outkast put killer mike in the game, killer mike got out n got his

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Showin naked ass in the great state of Texas
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2013, 07:26:06 AM »
Good to see that Goldie Loc is a bit more accepting of the past and willing to put it behind them.  That being said...

It's their own fault if they got a shitty deal, and they should've handled the business aspect first before signing anything.  That album came out in 2000 or 2001, so by that time, they definitely weren't little kids in the rap game who were excited to see a few thousand dollars.  At the same time, while they contributed, neither Tray Deee nor Goldie Loc were the driving force of the album (it was no accident that the official artist name was "Snoop Dogg Presents Tha Eastsidaz," which got the album placed under Snoop Dogg at stores, which people would recognize), and they likely didn't have to invest as much as Snoop did, who I believe was an executive producer and also pushing the Dogghouse Records label and probably covering a portion of the overhead costs.

But if Snoop withheld money from them, that's a different story.

that's an intelligent post and I agree with most of it, but Tray Deee and Goldie put in most of the work on that album, and they should have been compensated accordingly. But you're spot on on their responsibility as far as signing shitty deals is concerned and that if it wasn't for the album being advertised as "snoop dogg presents" they would have never gone even gold.

by the way in 2000 Goldie Loc was a rookie in the game, he was like 22 and had no experience in the rap game except for his "20 minutes" track on Snoop's No Limit Top Dogg. Tray Deee is a complete different ball game, though.

rule number 2 in the industry dont trust nobody that goes for your own blood or bestfriend.

Sit back and look at snoop's enitre career from day 1

Warren G gave 213 (snoop warren n nate) to his step brother..

warren get put on skits efil4zaggin and the chronic vs gettin the treatment snoop, daz,kurupt,rage got, u would think warren would be rappin on just as many songs as snoop

snoop did get warren 1nce on each album on the row then again on top dogg

snoop bigger, he should have been pushin the 213 issue

dre shake the row, snoop on a new label, warren has yet to produce a snoop album, side projects yeah, but 22yrs in the game has yet to let warren produce one song for his album

then the biggest slap to all the fans faces was the 213 album, warren built his own ship with no hand outs and went gold n platinum as a mc/producer and he has 0 production the group album.

Nate gone so that idea is dead now.

hell atleast quik let kk eat good off 6 of the 8 albums he has put out, and produced the bulk of kk's songs thru-out his careerand quik is bi-polar as fuck

MOBNigga06

« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2013, 07:36:15 AM »
Man, this is a funny-ass interview....Goldie Loc says he's learning the business side of the game, then at the end of the interview he gives out his E-MAIL ADDRESS!? What part of the game is that?
The most GAMED UP poster on DubCC.

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.

Sccit

« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2013, 07:44:59 AM »
Man, this is a funny-ass interview....Goldie Loc says he's learning the business side of the game, then at the end of the interview he gives out his E-MAIL ADDRESS!? What part of the game is that?

whats wrong wit that? he tryna stack chips on features

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2013, 09:13:17 AM »
The interviewer (who is involved a lot in the AHAT battle rap league) specifically told him to announce his Facebook/Instagram/Twitter, which is somewhat the norm these days.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2013, 10:58:54 AM »

maybe snoop could have did a lil more on promotion but ppl are expecting a cadet to act like a sergeant. remember for snoops first three years he was to scared to make eye contact with the camera he almost always have been dependent on other ppls moves to make himself successful

so with that kind of mindset ppl expecting snoop to be this business man were stupid for even thinking that would materialize this guy smokes pounds a month im surprised he can even remember his own sons names let alone his own lyrics...but i digress.

snoop is NOT and has never been a BOSS.

maybe the boss of his family but he cant run no fucking label or manage talent. none of them deathrow or NWA niggas can....not even dr dre. if you dont think emininems success is probably 80 percent reliant on jimmy iovene coordinating everyones moves then i dunno.... but with that said it reminds me of ice cube...everyone bitches because he couldnt launch kdee and lynch mobb and all them into the stratsophere like mack 10 took off...mack 10 has his own hustle and for a while booked his own shows and even opened his own budgets for albums etc. if cubes and snoops artists had that hunger to do better rather then wait on it like they deserved it  they would be better off right now. its funny how they all cried about being fucked around by eazy e and jerry heller but then they all went on to dick their artists around.

monkey see monkey do.

all these niggas waiting for a chronic reuinion. like dre aint got better shit to do then make an album to feed all his friends that took him forgranted back in the day.

Dogg Ly Dogg

« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2013, 11:14:58 AM »
Good to hear Goldie will fuck with Tray Deee when he's out so January 2014 we'll see!

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2013, 11:20:02 AM »
snoops been name dropping tray dee alot as of recently.

he got a shout on on the new faden away song with dam funk

« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2013, 12:03:41 PM »

maybe snoop could have did a lil more on promotion but ppl are expecting a cadet to act like a sergeant. remember for snoops first three years he was to scared to make eye contact with the camera he almost always have been dependent on other ppls moves to make himself successful

so with that kind of mindset ppl expecting snoop to be this business man were stupid for even thinking that would materialize this guy smokes pounds a month im surprised he can even remember his own sons names let alone his own lyrics...but i digress.

snoop is NOT and has never been a BOSS.

maybe the boss of his family but he cant run no fucking label or manage talent. none of them deathrow or NWA niggas can....not even dr dre. if you dont think emininems success is probably 80 percent reliant on jimmy iovene coordinating everyones moves then i dunno.... but with that said it reminds me of ice cube...everyone bitches because he couldnt launch kdee and lynch mobb and all them into the stratsophere like mack 10 took off...mack 10 has his own hustle and for a while booked his own shows and even opened his own budgets for albums etc. if cubes and snoops artists had that hunger to do better rather then wait on it like they deserved it  they would be better off right now. its funny how they all cried about being fucked around by eazy e and jerry heller but then they all went on to dick their artists around.

monkey see monkey do.

all these niggas waiting for a chronic reuinion. like dre aint got better shit to do then make an album to feed all his friends that took him forgranted back in the day.

This is all very true. You can't expect to be launched into the game by somebody who didn't launch themselves - That's backwards. They don't know how to grind.

The other end of the spectrum is what 50 did - Spoonfeeding his artists hits, hooks, styles, money and the rest.

Look where that got him. In this game if someone gives you a little something be prepared to take it further ON YOUR OWN BACK, Pac got from the Humpty Dance to Makaveli and these fools complaining that they're back in the hood when Snoop gave em multiplat exposure...

Sheesh.