Author Topic: Goldie Loc Says Snoop Dogg was paying them 1%  (Read 1432 times)

WestWestYA

Goldie Loc Says Snoop Dogg was paying them 1%
« on: October 23, 2013, 10:46:16 AM »

DeeezNuuuts83

Re: Goldie Loc Says Snoop Dogg was paying them 1%
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 11:10:02 AM »
Good to see that Goldie Loc is a bit more accepting of the past and willing to put it behind them.  That being said...

It's their own fault if they got a shitty deal, and they should've handled the business aspect first before signing anything.  That album came out in 2000 or 2001, so by that time, they definitely weren't little kids in the rap game who were excited to see a few thousand dollars.  At the same time, while they contributed, neither Tray Deee nor Goldie Loc were the driving force of the album (it was no accident that the official artist name was "Snoop Dogg Presents Tha Eastsidaz," which got the album placed under Snoop Dogg at stores, which people would recognize), and they likely didn't have to invest as much as Snoop did, who I believe was an executive producer and also pushing the Dogghouse Records label and probably covering a portion of the overhead costs.

But if Snoop withheld money from them, that's a different story.

Will_B

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 11:25:08 AM »
Snoops a bitch and everyone who came up through the camp got held back by him

elmizzy

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 11:30:16 AM »
Interesting I remember Tray Dee said he would never fuck with Goldie again.

Blood$

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2013, 11:51:02 AM »
Good to see that Goldie Loc is a bit more accepting of the past and willing to put it behind them.  That being said...

It's their own fault if they got a shitty deal, and they should've handled the business aspect first before signing anything.  That album came out in 2000 or 2001, so by that time, they definitely weren't little kids in the rap game who were excited to see a few thousand dollars.  At the same time, while they contributed, neither Tray Deee nor Goldie Loc were the driving force of the album (it was no accident that the official artist name was "Snoop Dogg Presents Tha Eastsidaz," which got the album placed under Snoop Dogg at stores, which people would recognize), and they likely didn't have to invest as much as Snoop did, who I believe was an executive producer and also pushing the Dogghouse Records label and probably covering a portion of the overhead costs.

Diggfinger

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2013, 12:25:35 PM »

Snoop also used his name to put Loc and Dee and albums with BIG NAME westcoast producers/artists which sold millions of copies, when he could have used his time to push forward anyone else...... some ppl never grateful for ish, you get big-headed and think u da ish...

Diggfinger

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2013, 12:34:25 PM »
and if Goldie was being "exploited" why the hell did he stick around to do Warzone etc...??? makes no sense

Sccit

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2013, 12:34:58 PM »

ur judgement on rap music and rappers in general is good only for educational purposes

Sccit

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2013, 12:36:19 PM »
and if Goldie was being "exploited" why the hell did he stick around to do Warzone etc...??? makes no sense

he just mad at snoop cuz this flopped:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/19zD2LxY0oM" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/19zD2LxY0oM</a>

he was fuckin wit snoop just recently...lol smh

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2013, 12:38:28 PM »

All very good points

My only issue is I really wish Snoop would've released more projects from other artist. But at the time Snoop was also looking to get his own career on track after the Death Row departure / being written-off by the industry after that horrible No Limit debut.

If only Snoop had the business mind of 50 Cent he would've released solo projects from Tray Deee, Butch Cassidy, and Kokane.

Btw, wth ever happened to Goldie Loc as a producer? Did he just buy a couple tracks and put his name on them?
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Will_B

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2013, 12:54:55 PM »

ur judgement on rap music and rappers in general is good only for educational purposes

History says otherwise

ICHI THE KILLER

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2013, 12:58:55 PM »

History says otherwise

nope NIKCC is 100% right

bouli77

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2013, 01:04:13 PM »

that's an intelligent post and I agree with most of it, but Tray Deee and Goldie put in most of the work on that album, and they should have been compensated accordingly. But you're spot on on their responsibility as far as signing shitty deals is concerned and that if it wasn't for the album being advertised as "snoop dogg presents" they would have never gone even gold.

by the way in 2000 Goldie Loc was a rookie in the game, he was like 22 and had no experience in the rap game except for his "20 minutes" track on Snoop's No Limit Top Dogg. Tray Deee is a complete different ball game, though.

MUHFUKKA

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2013, 01:16:18 PM »
i bet that 1% is still better than what they were making selling dime rocks and holding up liquor stores for a cpl hundred bucks, not to mention all the parties they got to go to and bitches they fucked

The blood gang embraces Tupac as a member even if YOU dont.

Okka

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2013, 01:26:36 PM »
I'm happy to hear Goldie Loc has been talkin' with Tray Deee and they squashed their beef, but it's messed up that they got fucked over like that. I don't think that their relationship with Snoop will be the same it was back in the day. Tray Deee been down with Snoop since 1994 and from what i've read and heard, he always had his back. When people from Death Row was tryin' to get at Snoop at The Source Awards in 2000, Tray Deee was knockin' out people while Snoop was runnin' scared.