Author Topic: Goldie Loc Says Snoop Dogg was paying them 1%  (Read 1431 times)

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
Re: Goldie Loc Says Snoop Dogg was paying them 1%
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2013, 12:26:28 PM »
Snoops a bitch and everyone who came up through the camp got held back by him

maybe snoop could have did a lil more on promotion but ppl are expecting a cadet to act like a sergeant. remember for snoops first three years he was to scared to make eye contact with the camera he almost always have been dependent on other ppls moves to make himself successful

so with that kind of mindset ppl expecting snoop to be this business man were stupid for even thinking that would materialize this guy smokes pounds a month im surprised he can even remember his own sons names let alone his own lyrics...but i digress.

snoop is NOT and has never been a BOSS.

maybe the boss of his family but he cant run no fucking label or manage talent. none of them deathrow or NWA niggas can....not even dr dre. if you dont think emininems success is probably 80 percent reliant on jimmy iovene coordinating everyones moves then i dunno.... but with that said it reminds me of ice cube...everyone bitches because he couldnt launch kdee and lynch mobb and all them into the stratsophere like mack 10 took off...mack 10 has his own hustle and for a while booked his own shows and even opened his own budgets for albums etc. if cubes and snoops artists had that hunger to do better rather then wait on it like they deserved it  they would be better off right now. its funny how they all cried about being fucked around by eazy e and jerry heller but then they all went on to dick their artists around.

monkey see monkey do.

all these niggas waiting for a chronic reuinion. like dre aint got better shit to do then make an album to feed all his friends that took him forgranted back in the day.

This is all very true. You can't expect to be launched into the game by somebody who didn't launch themselves - That's backwards. They don't know how to grind.

The other end of the spectrum is what 50 did - Spoonfeeding his artists hits, hooks, styles, money and the rest.

Look where that got him. In this game if someone gives you a little something be prepared to take it further ON YOUR OWN BACK, Pac got from the Humpty Dance to Makaveli and these fools complaining that they're back in the hood when Snoop gave em multiplat exposure...

Sheesh.

chuuuuuch

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2013, 02:57:51 PM »
I just think that the rap game is kind of like basketball, in terms of success stories breeding other success stories from the ground up.  Everyone who made it big learned from someone else who hadn't yet made it big on their own.  (While Dre did foster a lot of multi-platinum success with people like Snoop, Eminem and 50, he himself wasn't really what I would consider an artist, with him being more of a producer and less of a solo act, with as few albums as he's put out, so the conflict wasn't there.)

In basketball, most coaches, especially the ones who oversee teams with rings, weren't all that great when they were playing ball themselves.  Yet we see very few greats in coaching capacities, and the ones who do try don't end up replicating the success that they had as players themselves.  Isiah Thomas had two rings, but he couldn't coach a team past the first round of the playoffs, and eventually his team missed them his last two years as a coach.  On the flipside, someone like Phil Jackson hardly had an NBA career worth talking about.

In hip-hop, if you come up on someone's label and they're still an active artist, then you're going to compete with them, and it's unlikely that they will make many sacrifices for you when it causes them to miss out on something, or even get them to put the same kind of support behind your project that they inject into their own.  Very rarely do successful acts make huge successes under them while they're active, with few exceptions.  I don't really count Jay-Z, since neither Memphis Bleek nor Beanie Sigel were huge, and while Kanye was a success, Jay didn't even want to sign him at first since he wasn't street, and Kanye was very self-reliant and was making his own beats and shit, so he didn't need to beg Jay to hook him up with Timbaland in order for him to have a radio single.  But I have to give credit to Lil Wayne, dude has overseen Drake and Nicki... not saying they would've been nothing without him, but it happened on his watch, and he (and Birdman) certainly gave them their due attention and concentration.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2013, 07:54:52 PM »

Snoop also used his name to put Loc and Dee and albums with BIG NAME westcoast producers/artists which sold millions of copies, when he could have used his time to push forward anyone else...... some ppl never grateful for ish, you get big-headed and think u da ish...

At least someone is smart enough to see this for what it is.  I don't know why everyone is taking Tray Dee and Goldie Loc's side on this.  After all Snoop has done for the West Coast and as big of fans as we are of the West Coast we should always support Snoop.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Eastsidaz.  I loved both those albums and all the projects that spawned from the Eastsidaz.  I've also been a long time fan of Tray Dee, one of his biggest fans.   But I have a really hard time believing that Snoop would fuck over Tray Dee and Goldie Loc.  I mean... it's not like the Eastsidaz sold billionz of albums.  They struggled to go platinum, Snoop invested a lot of money, time and energy into the project.  And he had to put his name on the album just to get it noticed and sold in the record stores.   So all that being said I don't think he owes them any more than he gave them.  

Especially not Goldie Loc!!  Not to diss or anything but he was the weakest link in the Eastsidaz, and Goldie Loc has done zero without Snoop.  At least Tray Dee has made a little noise on his own and even done a lot to assist Snoop's career from Murder Was the Case, to Snoop's second album, LBC Crew and so on... but even Tray Dee should be extremely appreciative to Snoop

As much as we love Tray Dee he had accomplished very little without Snoop.  I think he had a chance with Def Jam back in the day.  I like what he did on a couple of their soundtracks with "Droppin Bombz" with Sentrelle and "Way 2 Crazy" with Daz.  But unfortunately he's never been able to put together a great album on his own.   His highest achievement is that first Eastsidaz album, and he couldn't have done that without Snoop being the driving force.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 07:57:19 PM by Infinite »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

BIGWORM

« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2013, 08:55:15 PM »
No offence to Goldie but I ain't trying to here him anymore. Tray dee needs to do a full album with Battlecat.

bouli77

« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2013, 10:40:34 PM »

Especially not Goldie Loc!!  Not to diss or anything but he was the weakest link in the Eastsidaz, and Goldie Loc has done zero without Snoop.  At least Tray Dee has made a little noise on his own and even done a lot to assist Snoop's career from Murder Was the Case, to Snoop's second album, LBC Crew and so on... but even Tray Dee should be extremely appreciative to Snoop

As much as we love Tray Dee he had accomplished very little without Snoop.  I think he had a chance with Def Jam back in the day.  I like what he did on a couple of their soundtracks with "Droppin Bombz" with Sentrelle and "Way 2 Crazy" with Daz.  But unfortunately he's never been able to put together a great album on his own.   His highest achievement is that first Eastsidaz album, and he couldn't have done that without Snoop being the driving force.

tray deee's general's list was good, and so was Goldie Loc's songs that were supposed to come out under DPG Recordz. but as I said just because Snoop has done a lot for them doesn't give him the right to fuck them over financially. now the way they handled their issues can be criticized and I agree that they should have taken advantage of the publicity and the exposure tha eastsidaz gave them but Snoop did them wrong in the end.

btw Tray Deee wasn't signed on Def Jam, but on Sony Music. It's too bad he got incarcerated cause his IV Life Records roster with DJ Slip seemed promising and he somewhat had some clout in the industry.

all these guys prime is long gone though, Goldie wasn't anything special to begin with, i was surprised by the quality of the tracks which leaked in 02 (I'm a lowrider with Dove Shack, Money, Work Fa Me) but dude is irrelevant nowadays, pushin 30+, with no real career. tray deee is like 48 or somethin, while he's very proficient as a rapper, i'm not expecting much nowadays.

Sccit

« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2013, 11:28:25 AM »
if cubes and snoops artists had that hunger to do better rather then wait on it like they deserved it  they would be better off right now.

money

Jimmy H.

« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2013, 10:41:37 PM »
I wouldn't put Dre and Snoop in the same category.  Dre's strength is in building artists and it's generally an advantage to be under him in the right circumstances but he isn't a strong business mind.  Snoop is the NAME on his label and any artist that goes through there is going to have compete with him on an "artist" level and that ultimately ends up making for sloppy business. It's similar with 50 Cent but back before he saw shit for what it was, that was a great place to go. I think taking sides in the Snoop vs. Eastsidaz business discrepancy is pointless without knowing the details.

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2013, 07:46:38 AM »
 Its gotta suck if they weren't paid what they were due but, as was kind of mentioned, imagine all the parties and shit they would've been at, the sort of things that they would have been attending. i would assume that they would have had fuck loads of travel expenses and accommodation and top shelf alcohol, drugs, women, clothing, fancy food, etc all paid for.
 They would've been going on massive tours all over.
 So if they were getting that all expenses paid and V.I.P and having the time of their lives, thats gotta count for something?
 But, the money they earnt should've been theirs to spend how they please by choice or to save it.
 But yeah i guess we dont really know and i didn't even watch the video lol. They must still get royalties?

Elano The One And Only

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2013, 07:56:07 AM »
by the way in 2000 Goldie Loc was a rookie in the game, he was like 22 and had no experience in the rap game except for his "20 minutes" track on Snoop's No Limit Top Dogg. Tray Deee is a complete different ball game, though.

he was 20 in 2000 (born in 1980)

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2013, 09:00:14 AM »
Interesting I remember Tray Dee said he would never fuck with Goldie again.
this.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Sccit

« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2013, 04:33:39 PM »
Interesting I remember Tray Dee said he would never fuck with Goldie again.
this.

just like every rapper who's had beef only 2 reconcile a couple years later