Author Topic: Chiefs will beat the colts  (Read 1026 times)

Remedy360

Re: Chiefs will beat the colts
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2014, 05:36:01 PM »
That was brutal.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2014, 06:45:03 PM »
I didn't know Marty Shottenhiemer was still coaching the Chiefs.  We used to experience heartbreak like this every year in the 90's.

Got to give props to Rieds playcalling and the performance of Alex Smith.  Alex really put the team on his back. 

I don't want to talk about what went wrong because its too depressing.  Maybe Shallow can provide some more good analysis for why Luck looked like Manning on steroids in the second half.

...anyway, when does royals season start?

It's simple; you can't play prevent defense if you don't have a deep safety. I mean it was such a joke watching Hilton get behind the secondary the way he did. And it's not like it was one fluke play of blown coverage, the Chiefs consistently let guys beat them deep. That's not bad playing, that's bad coaching. Andy Ried should be ashamed of himself. If all they did was drop back on defense and take sacks on offense they would have won the game after going up 38-10.

The offensive just seemed to shut down. Losing Charles made them afraid to pound it later in the game. I mean that fumble came on a play that never should have been called.

I've seen collapses in games before but never so mistake free. Usually a team needs at least three turnovers to blow a lead like that.

Ah well. As for next week; Go Colts.

O.G A.Geesta'z

« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2014, 04:10:19 AM »
ill give it to the Queef's they played a great game, but the Colts and Andrew Luck are known to be a true second half team and they proved it... it was a great game nonetheless
The West is Back

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2014, 06:24:18 PM »

It's simple; you can't play prevent defense if you don't have a deep safety. I mean it was such a joke watching Hilton get behind the secondary the way he did. And it's not like it was one fluke play of blown coverage, the Chiefs consistently let guys beat them deep. That's not bad playing, that's bad coaching. Andy Ried should be ashamed of himself. If all they did was drop back on defense and take sacks on offense they would have won the game after going up 38-10.

The offensive just seemed to shut down. Losing Charles made them afraid to pound it later in the game. I mean that fumble came on a play that never should have been called.

I've seen collapses in games before but never so mistake free. Usually a team needs at least three turnovers to blow a lead like that.

D-coordinator Bob Sutton runs the defense.  Andy Ried calls all the plays for the offense so he run the defense as well. 

And 38-10 is not a big enough lead to just be able to take sacks every play.  It was early in the 3rd quarter when it was 38-10.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2014, 06:33:08 PM »

D-coordinator Bob Sutton runs the defense.  Andy Ried calls all the plays for the offense so he run the defense as well. 

And 38-10 is not a big enough lead to just be able to take sacks every play.  It was early in the 3rd quarter when it was 38-10.

The sacks part was hyperbole. I know Sutton is DC, but the buck stops at the HC and for Andy Ried as HC and offensive genius to sit and watch a situation that invites big plays to occur and to watch all second half without saying anything to the DC to change the approach is embarrassing. That doesn't happen to Marty. Marty's playoff woes came in close games with unlucky breaks near the end. You give Marty a 38-10 lead and the game is over. Of course Marty probably wouldn't have gotten to the 38-10 to begin with.

To play prevent D with out a deep safety is the equivalent, for any hockey fans, of playing trap defense with a lead but pulling your goalie.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2014, 06:38:48 PM »

The sacks part was hyperbole. I know Sutton is DC, but the buck stops at the HC and for Andy Ried as HC and offensive genius to sit and watch a situation that invites big plays to occur and to watch all second half without saying anything to the DC to change the approach is embarrassing. That doesn't happen to Marty. Marty's playoff woes came in close games with unlucky breaks near the end. You give Marty a 38-10 lead and the game is over. Of course Marty probably wouldn't have gotten to the 38-10 to begin with.

To play prevent D with out a deep safety is the equivalent, for any hockey fans, of playing trap defense with a lead but pulling your goalie.

I don't disagree with your analysis.  I just feel like Reid did an amazing job with the playcalling for the offense.  So it's kind of hard for me to get on his case about the defense, but I certainly get your point.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2014, 08:47:38 PM »

I don't disagree with your analysis.  I just feel like Reid did an amazing job with the playcalling for the offense.  So it's kind of hard for me to get on his case about the defense, but I certainly get your point.

The first 31 minutes of playcalling was masterful. He made Alex Smith look like John Elway. It was the playcalling with the lead that I don't understand. The sack fumble came on a play that should 100 out of 100 times be a run play. And the 4th down bomb was way too risky. It's a 4th down for the game and you risk a sideline pass down the field? No way do I agree with that. My critique of Reid in Philly all those years with Westbrook was he was way too pass happy when he didn't need to be, and while I was wrong in my prediction for the whole season that Charles would get lost in the shuffle because of it, it was the too much passing that did them in during the 2nd half.

Now, I whole heartedly feel if Charles didn't get taken out the Chiefs would have ran away with it because you can't deny JC his touches with a 38-10 lead and he would have worn down the Indy D, but even with out him and the back up, McCluster should have simply been handed the ball to run the clock and win the game. Peyton Hillis sure would have come in handy with the 38-10 lead as well.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2014, 02:01:22 PM »

The first 31 minutes of playcalling was masterful. He made Alex Smith look like John Elway. It was the playcalling with the lead that I don't understand. The sack fumble came on a play that should 100 out of 100 times be a run play. And the 4th down bomb was way too risky. It's a 4th down for the game and you risk a sideline pass down the field? No way do I agree with that. My critique of Reid in Philly all those years with Westbrook was he was way too pass happy when he didn't need to be, and while I was wrong in my prediction for the whole season that Charles would get lost in the shuffle because of it, it was the too much passing that did them in during the 2nd half.

Now, I whole heartedly feel if Charles didn't get taken out the Chiefs would have ran away with it because you can't deny JC his touches with a 38-10 lead and he would have worn down the Indy D, but even with out him and the back up, McCluster should have simply been handed the ball to run the clock and win the game. Peyton Hillis sure would have come in handy with the 38-10 lead as well.

Peyton Hillis is terrible.  Please don't remind me of the Hell that was the Chiefs 2012 season.