Author Topic: wow the dre album got old fast.  (Read 1334 times)

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
wow the dre album got old fast.
« on: September 06, 2015, 12:59:10 PM »
i got about three or four keepers. its a good album but needs to be heard in its complete context kind of like kendricks newest album...i can honestly say this album just ever so slightly let me down.

i liked rap better when they didnt have to credit every faggot that comes in with a high hat or one liner as a producer or writer.

Chef_YRD

Re: wow the dre album got old fast.
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2015, 02:42:56 PM »
They don't if they're not there playboy
"Colder than dolemite 3 o'clock on a North Pole night In a suit made outta hoe hair woven tight rolling Pluto rocks turned to dice"

"I'm like a dream forgotten by van gough you allergic to handsoap,plus you dome dudes by the van load,wouldn't give you a jacket at lambeau"

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2015, 04:34:32 PM »
That's why it's so funny seeing people say this album is a grower "like 2001". With 2001 every week a different song was my favorite. With Compton it's a struggle to listen to it another week.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

MOBNigga06

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2015, 06:00:49 PM »
People comparing Compton to 2001 are just deluding themselves. 2001 is a truly timeless album, with the most striking and original West Coast production on just about any album ever made (besides those produced by DJ Quik).

What is Compton comparable to? I'd compare it to one of the many mediocre and forgettable DPGC releases. The sound quality is higher, and the production is a little more interesting, but the replay value is limited.

The most GAMED UP poster on DubCC.

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.

TidyKris

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2015, 06:21:17 PM »
That's why it's so funny seeing people say this album is a grower "like 2001". With 2001 every week a different song was my favorite. With Compton it's a struggle to listen to it another week.

This.
I listened to the album a few times in the week or two when it was released but i havnt gone back to listen to it again since.
Ive already forgotten about it

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2015, 07:26:39 PM »
Jesus Christ Petey shut the fucc up.... I knew you would be the first one hating once the real started coming back... and Sccit, take notice my ficca
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sccit

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2015, 07:50:43 PM »
that shit still go out here tho....it's somethin every1 can enjoy

Sccit

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2015, 07:53:07 PM »
im still discoverin new things within the beats with every listen.. the layering is ingenious cant say that wit any other album thats come out over the past 5 years or so

Space RockStar SkyStalker Machine

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2015, 08:11:49 PM »
Jesus Christ Petey shut the fucc up.... I knew you would be the first one hating once the real started coming back... and Sccit, take notice my ficca

Holy shit
sit down n relax
its not a marathon
your demanding n your frustration is showing
cant you sit down for a minuite

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2015, 08:19:11 PM »

calm yourself hoverhands, im entitled to my opinion just like your entitled to your cornball ass opinions...

definitely but do you agree its best when taken in as a complete body of work? (pause) i like compton when i can listen to the whole shit and that requires more time then i got sometimes. there is so much going on on that album ive heard it flac quality several times  on seinhauer headphones, beats and a surround sound system and its amazing i just dont really see myself going back to this album as much is i hoped i would. im feeling scarface new album alot right now.

BlueSwan

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2015, 10:42:18 PM »
I totally disagree. Played the album in full again just yesterday and was pretty mesmerized by it - even after probably about 20 plays in full so far. Album of the year for me, easily.

mrfranklin

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2015, 11:38:38 PM »
I personally liked the production, but still not impressed. His NWA and Death row work blows this out of the water!

Sccit

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2015, 11:48:48 PM »

calm yourself hoverhands, im entitled to my opinion just like your entitled to your cornball ass opinions...

definitely but do you agree its best when taken in as a complete body of work? (pause) i like compton when i can listen to the whole shit and that requires more time then i got sometimes. there is so much going on on that album ive heard it flac quality several times  on seinhauer headphones, beats and a surround sound system and its amazing i just dont really see myself going back to this album as much is i hoped i would. im feeling scarface new album alot right now.

it definitely sounds like it was made 2 be played beginnin 2 end, but i can still play joints individually in my system and certain songs sound great when cruisin n smokin and can stand out on their own as well. i dont really play shit in my headphones unless im mixin tho. havent heard the scarface shit yet, i wanna peep that.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2015, 01:10:53 AM »
My opinion, best parts of the album are...

"Loose Cannons". I'm still pissed that the Xzibit part was so short and ended with Dre doing his best 1998 Slim Shady impersonation.
"Deep Water". Kendrick's flow was fuckin insane.
"Darkside". Dope fuckin track but unfortunately Dre rode the trend of stopping a track halfway through it and switching to another (I HATE THAT TREND BTW)
"Talking to My Diary". No explanation needed. The ending alone is worth the $11
" It's All On Me". Grown man music!

----

And the worst parts...
"Satisfiction". More like Anticipointment. Fuck man I would've been fine having 3 year old "Kush" over this bullshit
"Issues". The dynamic duo that once brought us Natural Born Killaz really scraped the bottom of the barrel here.
"For the Love of Money". This would've been a great mixtape track but uhhh...

---

For the most part everything else is mediocre or just not something I expect to be playing in 6 months...

"One Shot One Kill". Snoop doesn't sound like himself but him and Jon Connor went hard. Would've rather heard Dre rap his verse tho.
"Medicine Men". Hook is corny as shit but after that love letter that was "I Need a Doctor" I won't complain. Nice of Dre to use a clearly old Eminem verse.
"Another Day". I was looking forward to hearing Dre & Game together again but we have a song by 2 artist over a beat produced by 2 producers...Dre isn't any of the 4 people I'm referring to.
"Animals". Anderson .Paak featuring Dr. Dre. Basically 1 Dre verse and an extra looped hook. Would actually like this if there was a 2nd Dre verse.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Diggfinger

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2015, 03:08:36 AM »
People comparing Compton to 2001 are just deluding themselves. 2001 is a truly timeless album, with the most striking and original West Coast production on just about any album ever made (besides those produced by DJ Quik).

What is Compton comparable to? I'd compare it to one of the many mediocre and forgettable DPGC releases. The sound quality is higher, and the production is a little more interesting, but the replay value is limited.

says it all