Author Topic: wow the dre album got old fast.  (Read 1333 times)

Matty

Re: wow the dre album got old fast.
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2015, 08:14:35 AM »
agree, album got progressively worse and i barely want to listen to it vs older dre material. 'It's All On Me' remains a standout track, but not feeling the vibe overall. Dre clearly captured what he wanted to with the energy, but it's not much my cup of tea.

MOBNigga06

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2015, 09:34:56 AM »
agree, album got progressively worse and i barely want to listen to it vs older dre material. 'It's All On Me' remains a standout track, but not feeling the vibe overall. Dre clearly captured what he wanted to with the energy, but it's not much my cup of tea.

Reminds me of the interview with Suge, where Suge gets asked: "What would you do if you showed up at a party and saw Puffy, Snoop, and Dre?"

And Suge says: "I don't be going to those kinds of parties!"
The most GAMED UP poster on DubCC.

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.

Dargine

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Main Underground Stream
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2015, 03:39:41 PM »
To me this is one of the best albums ever made.. the way it is produced.. the way the verses are constructed.. that's all some next level shit. The bridges are incredible, best bridges since Get Rich Or Die Tryin'. Great background vocals and hooks.

"Medicine Men"... Nice of Dre to use a clearly old Eminem verse.

Actually that Eminem verse is one of the last things that was recorded for the album. The original version of Medicine Man actually had an old Eminem verse but that song damn near didn't make the album. They took the beat out again and started doin' all the new shit on it, the orchestra shit that you hear durin' Em's verse and Anderson's bridge. They send the song back to Em and he did his new verse for it, which was just in time to make the final cut.
http://TheMUSblog.blogspot.com

Everything about The D.O.C, Obie Trice, The Notorious B.I.G, Young Buck, Eminem, Pipe da Snipe, Devin the Dude, Six Street Mac, Dr. Dre, B.G. Knocc Out, YG Hootie, 50 Cent, Nate Dogg, 4-Bent & Black Rob.

HighEyeCue

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2015, 03:48:52 PM »
I too have to listen to the whole album to get a good feel for it...and because of this I only heard it a handful of times

Calilove661

« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2015, 04:21:41 PM »
Jesus Christ Petey shut the fucc up.... ... and Sccif, take notice my ficca

Excuse me Wigga? He is entitled to an opinion even though I disagree with my King.

Calilove661

« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2015, 04:22:54 PM »
Jesus Christ Petey shut the fucc up.... I knew you would be the first one hating once the real started coming back... and Sccit, take notice my ficca

calm yourself hoverhands, im entitled to my opinion just like your entitled to your cornball ass opinions...

damn we said the same thing King and I didn't even get that far into the thread.

Blood$

« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2015, 07:03:40 PM »
im still discoverin new things within the beats with every listen.. the layering is ingenious cant say that wit any other album thats come out over the past 5 years or so

Jack Trippa 3z company ho

« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2015, 10:27:33 PM »
I listened to a minute or 2 of prob 4-5 tracks. All sounded like watered down garbage.

If someone points me to a standout track I'll give it a listen.

MUHFUKKA

« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2015, 12:24:46 AM »
ive been busy as fuck and havent heard this at all i wish i could ;) ;)

The blood gang embraces Tupac as a member even if YOU dont.

Will_B

« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2015, 12:37:24 AM »
im still discoverin new things within the beats with every listen.. the layering is ingenious cant say that wit any other album thats come out over the past 5 years or so

Music is more than layers tho my niqua

This albums decent, but that don't = longevity. Fits in perfectly with today's sound. Catchy and snappy, relevant for min but that's it

Sccit

« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2015, 12:51:34 AM »

This albums decent, but that don't = longevity. Fits in perfectly with today's sound. Catchy and snappy, relevant for min but that's it

please explain more what music is about mi bloke, i really need to hear your expertise on the matter.......

bumps a warren g record....music is more than harmozing over funky beats

bumps a twista record....music is more than flowin fast & choppin

bumps a wu record....music is more than comin raw on karate samples

bumps a nate record...music is more than singing

bumps a nas record....music is more than lyrical skill

bumps a suga free record....music is more than pimpin

bumps a dre record....music is more than production value

shall i keep goin?

Matty

« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2015, 05:50:33 AM »

did you watch that 2 hour making of interview with the 'cast'? i enjoyed that more than listening to the album, some good insight into dre as a person and his creative process.

Blood$

« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2015, 08:31:31 AM »

Compton > each and every album in your sig

Will_B

« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2015, 08:36:09 AM »

Compton > each and every album in your sig

It's subjective yeah but agree to differ. You the homie tho blooddollarsign and I know you're supporting good music
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 08:40:05 AM by Do Buy Albums »

Will_B

« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2015, 08:36:40 AM »

please explain more what music is about mi bloke, i really need to hear your expertise on the matter.......

bumps a warren g record....music is more than harmozing over funky beats

bumps a twista record....music is more than flowin fast & choppin

bumps a wu record....music is more than comin raw on karate samples

bumps a nate record...music is more than singing

bumps a nas record....music is more than lyrical skill

bumps a suga free record....music is more than pimpin

bumps a dre record....music is more than production value

shall i keep goin?

Wow so many feels