Author Topic: (2004) - Eminem Mixes Up 2Pac  (Read 944 times)

CORREA

(2004) - Eminem Mixes Up 2Pac
« on: December 29, 2015, 03:52:08 PM »
Eminem has produced Loyal to the Game, the seventh Tupac Shakur album since the rapper was killed in a drive-by shooting in Las Vegas eight years ago. Due out December 14th, the album will feature sixteen tracks built around Shakur's previously unreleased raps. 50 Cent, Obie Trice, Jadakiss, Young Buck, Lloyd Banks and Ronald Isley also added guest vocals.

Eminem and Shakur's posthumous partnership began with "Runnin' (Dying to Live)," a track Eminem produced for last year's Tupac: Resurrection film. Eminem won over Tupac's mother, Afeni Shakur, who initially opposed the idea of him working on the track.

"[Dr.] Dre told me that Eminem wouldn't change anything," Afeni told Rolling Stone at the time. "My choice was to say to Dre, 'You don't know what you're talking about,' or take a chance. And I'm glad that I did, because when [Eminem] finished the song I could see his vision. It took me a while because I'm fifty-six-years-old and I'm not a hip-hop expert, so I didn't understand the genius of what was before me. When I did, me and my whole family were blown away."

in retrospect Dre knew exactly what he was talking about! it's interesting however that Dre would be in discussion when a Pac album was being produced. i don't think this has ever been discussed. what's your thoughts?

adi760

Re: (2004) - Eminem Mixes Up 2Pac
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2015, 05:08:42 PM »
I think that is just Afeni's bullshit to sell more records. It was the worst Pac's record period. Even if u put another rapper instead of Pac there, beats still were wack as fuck. I listened do this once and never again.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/qvQn6pva7xk" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/qvQn6pva7xk</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/8lQPYkUj4rI" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/8lQPYkUj4rI</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ITUONxDP4DA" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ITUONxDP4DA</a>

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2015, 06:54:04 PM »
Everything about that project was horrible. From the beats to Eminem adding his favorite artist to certain songs. "Dying 2 Live" was fuckin incredible - I don't know how he fell off so hard in between that song and this project.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

donfathaimmortal

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2015, 05:09:13 AM »
in retrospect Dre knew exactly what he was talking about! it's interesting however that Dre would be in discussion when a Pac album was being produced.

Interesting fact. Didn't know that.

It was the worst Pac's record period. Even if u put another rapper instead of Pac there, beats still were wack as fuck.

Exactly. Or how to break the legacy ? Oh, easy, release shitty projects like "Loyal To The Game" and "Pac's Life" worst 2PAC albums.

Everything about that project was horrible. From the beats to Eminem adding his favorite artist to certain songs. "Dying 2 Live" was fuckin incredible - I don't know how he fell off so hard in between that song and this project.

This Remix of "Runnin" was overrated. But the worst about "Loyal To The Game" is that the Bonus Tracks were good, especially the DJ Quik one wih Big Syke.
The spot got shook, it was hell below | Is that Futureshock ?? | Hell, no, it's Death Row !

bouli77

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2015, 05:35:45 AM »
Dyin' to Live was horrible, to my ears and mind at least. Perfect blueprint on how to mess up a classic song and make it wack and corny.

TidyKris

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2015, 07:43:56 AM »
Dyin' to Live was horrible, to my ears and mind at least. Perfect blueprint on how to mess up a classic song and make it wack and corny.

Exactly...Dying 2 Live was horrible.

Loyal 2 The Game was one of the worst albums ever made

Plus Afeni should not be the one who is in control about what to do with 2Pac albums with regards to the creative side.
Yes she was 2Pac's mother but thats as far as it goes...she has no history in music or hip hop. She was not involved in the
creative process for any of Pac's albums when he was alive...no wonder most of the solo Amaru stuff is shit.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2015, 10:23:54 PM »
Eminem has produced Loyal to the Game, the seventh Tupac Shakur album since the rapper was killed in a drive-by shooting in Las Vegas eight years ago. Due out December 14th, the album will feature sixteen tracks built around Shakur's previously unreleased raps. 50 Cent, Obie Trice, Jadakiss, Young Buck, Lloyd Banks and Ronald Isley also added guest vocals.

Eminem and Shakur's posthumous partnership began with "Runnin' (Dying to Live)," a track Eminem produced for last year's Tupac: Resurrection film. Eminem won over Tupac's mother, Afeni Shakur, who initially opposed the idea of him working on the track.

"[Dr.] Dre told me that Eminem wouldn't change anything," Afeni told Rolling Stone at the time. "My choice was to say to Dre, 'You don't know what you're talking about,' or take a chance. And I'm glad that I did, because when [Eminem] finished the song I could see his vision. It took me a while because I'm fifty-six-years-old and I'm not a hip-hop expert, so I didn't understand the genius of what was before me. When I did, me and my whole family were blown away."

in retrospect Dre knew exactly what he was talking about! it's interesting however that Dre would be in discussion when a Pac album was being produced. i don't think this has ever been discussed. what's your thoughts?

this is a couple incidents now that Afeni has shown some love to Dre.  She was in talks with Dre about this album, and she let Dre use the hologram.  Meanwhile, she has probably been at odds with Suge
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

TidyKris

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2016, 01:33:30 PM »

this is a couple incidents now that Afeni has shown some love to Dre.  She was in talks with Dre about this album, and she let Dre use the hologram.  Meanwhile, she has probably been at odds with Suge

So we can blame Dre for the worst 2Pac album ever released then lol? Id rather have Suge in control of Pac albums then Dre or Afeni

Sccit

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2016, 02:10:51 PM »
Woulda been incredible if she let Dre produce it instead

TidyKris

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2016, 07:45:03 PM »
Woulda been incredible if she let Dre produce it instead

Yeah that would have been dope

abusive

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2016, 08:45:10 PM »
I still have never heard it. Matter of fact I was done after Until The End Of Time. I thought it was pretty good but I could tell that there wasn't much they could do with Pac's music after that. They already started getting new producers on some tracks that I wasn't thrilled about. Em likes to brag that he produced Lose Yourself but most of his tracks back then just weren't good just like his music. You could blame the music on the drugs but he just wasn't a good producer at all then period. I refuse to believe that the decision to get him on board was anything other than business. Dre couldn't have done it because there would have been a even greater backlash because everyone knew that Pac didn't like Dre.
No man born of woman tho. Dead homies.

TidyKris

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2016, 10:12:49 PM »
I still have never heard it. Matter of fact I was done after Until The End Of Time. I thought it was pretty good but I could tell that there wasn't much they could do with Pac's music after that. They already started getting new producers on some tracks that I wasn't thrilled about. Em likes to brag that he produced Lose Yourself but most of his tracks back then just weren't good just like his music. You could blame the music on the drugs but he just wasn't a good producer at all then period. I refuse to believe that the decision to get him on board was anything other than business. Dre couldn't have done it because there would have been a even greater backlash because everyone knew that Pac didn't like Dre.

I hear you. "Better Days" was the last good 2Pac album...like "Until The End Of Time" it had its good tracks and its bad tracks (mainly down to the remixed versions) but it was pretty decent compared to what we
got after

"Loyal 2 The Game" is not even worth listening to as it will just get any real 2Pac fan angry when you hear how Em changed some of Pacs words, changed the pitch of his voice
to fit the beats and how bad Em's productions are and how they are not suited to Pac. To me it just sounds like a full album of Pac rapping over different variations of the "Lose Yourself" beat

"Pacs Life" is absolute garbage but is worth buying just for the OG Version of "Soon As I Get Home" that is on there

"Loyal 2 The Game" was a good business move as it made the album popular on release only because it had Eminems name connected to it
but from a 2Pac stand point they may as well have just cocked over and shit all over the DAT tapes...that was the ultimate sell out album
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 10:20:14 PM by TidyKris »

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2016, 04:39:55 AM »
Eminem only had mere scraps to work with by the time Loyal to the Game came around.  Also consider that Em did the album for free.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

abusive

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2016, 09:55:23 AM »

I hear you. "Better Days" was the last good 2Pac album...like "Until The End Of Time" it had its good tracks and its bad tracks (mainly down to the remixed versions) but it was pretty decent compared to what we
got after

"Loyal 2 The Game" is not even worth listening to as it will just get any real 2Pac fan angry when you hear how Em changed some of Pacs words, changed the pitch of his voice
to fit the beats and how bad Em's productions are and how they are not suited to Pac. To me it just sounds like a full album of Pac rapping over different variations of the "Lose Yourself" beat

"Pacs Life" is absolute garbage but is worth buying just for the OG Version of "Soon As I Get Home" that is on there

"Loyal 2 The Game" was a good business move as it made the album popular on release only because it had Eminems name connected to it
but from a 2Pac stand point they may as well have just cocked over and shit all over the DAT tapes...that was the ultimate sell out album
I had the og soon as I get home on Makavelli number five. Was this version better quality?
No man born of woman tho. Dead homies.

Sccit

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2016, 11:18:19 AM »

Eminem was actually on fire in terms of production around 2002-2003....he seemed to be learnin the ropes from Dre and even produced a majority of "the Eminem show" which was a classic album. He fell off faster than any produced I can remember and then pretty much gave up doin beats. But at one point, he was amongst the hottest in the game.