Author Topic: Playstation 2 Drops In Price !!! ... and Sony Makes Portable Game System! and...  (Read 692 times)

Big BpG

next month the PS2 will included the network adaptor for 199.99

and, sony is releasing a headset....

so yes, the PS2 is now $179.99, but come next month you can buy the ps2 for $199.99 with the network adaptor...

but besides that, Sony announced that they will be taking the PSone and making it pocket size. Right now, nintendo controls the handheld market with the gameboy advance and gameboy advance sp, but next year sony will release the PSP (Playstation Portable) and it will play all PSone games, but they will all be on very small mini discs.. very tight...

all this announced today at E3 in Los Angeles

-Mr. Ghetto!

Albums I Bought This Year

From '93 to '05

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
yea sounds dope

check the E3 2003 post

theres more info about video games

also do u know if they will make new playstation games for playstation portable or will there only be the existing ones

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

Big BpG

they still make new games for PSone, so I don't see why they wouldn't do it for PSP

-Blue

From '93 to '05

Jome

* Awaits XearO's post for some entertainment *

Trauma-san

So... it's gonna play ps1 games, but only when they're remade into minidiscs? BAD IDEA That'll bomb

Sub-Z

and at that price the ps2 is STILL not worth the money

Smooth

* Awaits XearO's post for some entertainment *

LMAO!... I hear ya on that one Jome...
"Nigga what up now?. you act like a bitch, you bound to get fucked, you trick ass snitch!" - Snoop Dogg - "Buck Em"

"Stranded on death row for pumpin slug's in muthafucka's" - Kurupt - "Stranded on Death Row"

Here's a message to the youngsters today,standing by you can die - Nate Dogg - "One More Day"

Battle Record 1-0

Entreri117

• Master Chief
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
and at that price the ps2 is STILL not worth the money

^^LMAO!

Sony dropping it's PS2 price?  Sony making a handheld version of PSOne?  Sounds like the competition from Microsoft is harder than most PS2 players(coughSMOOTHandJOMEcough!) thought.

Only giving an opinion here...but with Xbox dropping some hot titles this year (True Crime, Island Thunder, Brute Force, CounterStrike, Half-Life 2, Midnight Club II, BC), it's good that Sony is lowering the PS2 price and making this new hand-held...they're gonna need it.

PS: In recent polls, Xbox is dominating the online scene.  10% of ALL Xbox owners (all over the world) have Xbox Live.   ;D
« Last Edit: May 14, 2003, 11:23:44 AM by Xearo »

Jome

Sony dropping it's PS2 price?  Sony making a handheld version of PSOne?  Sounds like the competition from Microsoft is harder than most PS2 players(coughSMOOTHandJOMEcough!) thought.

Only giving an opinion here...but with Xbox dropping some hot titles this year (True Crime, Island Thunder, Brute Force, CounterStrike, Half-Life 2, Midnight Club II, BC), it's good that Sony is lowering the PS2 price and making this new hand-held...they're gonna need it.

PS: In recent polls, Xbox is dominating the online scene.  10% of ALL Xbox owners (all over the world) have Xbox Live.   ;D

LoL, don't get all wet.
I don't really care about what is "the best", fastest or whatever, but since you're bragging so much about X-Box, here's some statistics for you:

PS2 have 75% of the console-market
GameCube have 13% of the console-market.
X-Box have 12%

What's more.. GameCube is making GOOD money off the GameCube, and GameCube is at the moment selling more Cube's than Microsoft is selling X-Box's,  because of exclusive titles.

In the first 3 months of 2003, Microsoft LOST 190 million dollars on the X-Box!
Which btw, is 100 million more than they lost in 2002 at the same time..
They're losing more and more on X-Box..

Independent game-experts say, that the only reason to buy X-Box instead of PS2, is because of the HDD, and the possibillity to use it as a PC.
The games doesn't make a difference, because they are so similar, and that they only RARELY is better on the X-Box.

The future looks bright, with Doom III & Halo 2 on the horizon, but noone thinks that MS will make any money off the X-Box.
The piracy is too big, and the competition from Nintendo, and of course SONY, is too big..

If someone is desperate, it's not Sony, they make more money than ever.. LOL
They don't need to cut the prices neither, because they basically own the market, they're just making it a lot harder for Nintendo & Microsoft.

And of course, NINTENDO owns the handheld-market, it's gonna be interesting to see if Sony can take over that market, just like they did on the console-market.

Big BpG

So... it's gonna play ps1 games, but only when they're remade into minidiscs? BAD IDEA That'll bomb

you praise nintendo, but look at the gameboy... it's the SNES, only smaller... Bad Idea, that'll bomb...... but did it?

and the PS2 did customers a favor... microsoft and nintendo, would not drop their prices this year unless sony did.... Sony controls the market, who cares if the system droppped twenty bucks, sony can do that cause they know its more pressure on microsoft and nintendo on dropping their prices....which happened today, microsoft dropped their price to 179.99.... sony also has the best developers working for them, why makes games for xbox and not ps2? its dumb because ps2 has the biggest fan base, you'll make more money making games for sony, so when PS3 comes out and truly is a great system, it will sell like crazy and developers will salivate over them

-Blue

From '93 to '05

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
anyone know how big the psp will be?

will it be as big as Gamegear or will it be small like gbaSP

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

Trauma-san

Blue, have you been drinking? You don't know what you're talking about.  I'm not talking about hardware, if you'd read, i'm talking about their stupid idea to reissue the ps1 games on minidiscs... unless you know some way to break your ps1 game in half to get it to fit in the portable playstation.  

Gameboy has ALWAYS been backwards compatible, and has ALWAYS had original games programmed for it! The new gameboy doesn't have snes games released for it, they're all original... The Sony portable system is gonna play ps1 games, but only on mindiscs?  In other words, I have to rebuy the same game... so really, it DOESNT play ps1 games, it plays new versions of the old games.  Why would I buy the same game twice?  That's a horrible idea, they shouldn't have even mentioned it as a promotional idea.  I'm sorry you've got a sony bug up your ass or whatever, but they should focus on making new games not reissuing old games on new systems, that's just stupid.  

If you want to see how to make it intelligent, look at how the ps2 plays the ps1 games you already have.  That's smart.  Look at how nintendo released their gamecube gameboy player, gamecube plays all the gameboy games from all 3 gameboy systems, that's smart.  Would it be smart for nintendo to release gamecube versions of the gameboy games? Hell no, nobody'd buy them, but yet that's what sony's doing and you think it's a good idea?

The reason sony dropped their price is because the system is old, and nintendo dropped their price, so sony had to.  Their not doing anybody any favors, they HAVE to lower their price to stay competitive with Nintendo, since it's more affordable and has tons of great games coming out for it.  I don't get why you say sony will make nintendo lower it's price; in actuality Nintendo lowered it's price to 149 MONTHS ago, so now Sony is finally having to lower IT'S price... you wanna criticise what I say but what you say is totally half-ass backwards; Nintendo's dictating SONY's direction, not the other way around.  

Entreri117

• Master Chief
  • Muthafuckin' Don!

LoL, don't get all wet.
I don't really care about what is "the best", fastest or whatever, but since you're bragging so much about X-Box, here's some statistics for you:

PS2 have 75% of the console-market
GameCube have 13% of the console-market.
X-Box have 12%

What's more.. GameCube is making GOOD money off the GameCube, and GameCube is at the moment selling more Cube's than Microsoft is selling X-Box's,  because of exclusive titles.

In the first 3 months of 2003, Microsoft LOST 190 million dollars on the X-Box!
Which btw, is 100 million more than they lost in 2002 at the same time..
They're losing more and more on X-Box..

Independent game-experts say, that the only reason to buy X-Box instead of PS2, is because of the HDD, and the possibillity to use it as a PC.
The games doesn't make a difference, because they are so similar, and that they only RARELY is better on the X-Box.

The future looks bright, with Doom III & Halo 2 on the horizon, but noone thinks that MS will make any money off the X-Box.
The piracy is too big, and the competition from Nintendo, and of course SONY, is too big..

If someone is desperate, it's not Sony, they make more money than ever.. LOL
They don't need to cut the prices neither, because they basically own the market, they're just making it a lot harder for Nintendo & Microsoft.

And of course, NINTENDO owns the handheld-market, it's gonna be interesting to see if Sony can take over that market, just like they did on the console-market.

Where did you find this information of yours?  I find it hard to believe that Sony has 75% of the console market...

Everyone knows that there are only two reasons why Sony is beating Xbox in sales: 1) The PS2 came out more than a year before Xbox.  2) Grand Theft Auto.

If it wasn't for GTA III and Vice City, Sony would have sold half of what they did (everyone knows this...if you don't then slap yourself).

As said before, PS2 came out more than a year before Xbox.  Think of it, Jome...thats a long goddamn time to put out games and rule the market with NO competition.  Then Xbox comes along with the greatest FPS ever (Halo), and the most powerful console in existence (It would take a little under 3 PS2's to match Xbox's power).  But still, people are used to PS2 being around for a year and PS2 has a shitload more games (Think of the amount of games that Sony released in 2002...around that much more than Xbox).

So, yes...Sony is still dominating the market.  However, with Halo 2 coming, Rockstar and Sony better hurry up with the next GTA if they want any kind of chance.

PS: Microsoft will not make the same mistake as before.  When PS3 comes around, Xbox2 will be right behind it...even ahead of it possibly.

PSS: So Jome, Smooth, and all the other Sony "soldiers"...you go on and play your Vice City, Socom and Final Fantasy.  I'll be playin my Halo and Brute Force...games that Sony can't even come close to graphically.   8)

Big BpG

Gameboy has ALWAYS been backwards compatible, and has ALWAYS had original games programmed for it! The new gameboy doesn't have snes games released for it, they're all original...

what gameboy are you talking about? There is the gameboy advance and the gameboy advance sp... both play gameboy advance games... and I could list you a ton of games that were straight SNES ports... lets start

SUPER MARIO WORLD 2 - same game as SUPER MARIO WORLD on SNES
SUPER MARIO ADVANCE - same game as SUPER MARIO BROS 2 on NES
SUPER MARIO ADVANCE 3 - same game as YOSHI'S ISLAND on SNES
ZELDA A LINK TO THE PAST - same games as ZELDA A LINK TO THE PAST on SNES
FZERO - same game as FZERO on the SNES

I could honsetly keep listing games from Earthworm Jim to the SNES version of Pitfall, to Contra...

Nintendo does port SNES and NES games to Gameboy... it's no shock....BUT AT THE SAME TIME, I'M NOT SAYING THEY DON'T MAKE NEW GAMES... THEY MAKE A LOT OF NEW GAMES AS WELL... but they also port a lot as well...

in fact... in june their bringing DONKEY KONG COUNTRY to the GBA... the same DONKEY KONG COUNTRY that was on the SNES... so they do port games, and they show their successful in doing it... so why would it bomb if Playstation did it... especially since Playstation sported  better graphics than the SNES and had the ability to go 3D... a handheld that can go 3D is gonna be awesome...

-Blue

From '93 to '05

Big BpG

I don't get why you say sony will make nintendo lower it's price; in actuality Nintendo lowered it's price to 149 MONTHS ago, so now Sony is finally having to lower IT'S price...

wrong buddy, last year, at this time... the Playstation 2 cost $300 and the Xbox cost $300 and the gamecube cost $200... at the E3 conference last year, sony dropped it's price by a $100... so the sytem cost $200... then Xbox followed by shaving off a $100 and then Nintendo dropped  it's price down to $149.99 ...

From '93 to '05