Author Topic: Trauma's Movie Of the Year  (Read 436 times)

Trauma-san

Trauma's Movie Of the Year
« on: July 14, 2003, 08:03:05 PM »
I saw the movie of the year tonight.... Pirates Of the Carribean.

1st Rule when dealing with movies; if it's made by Disney, it's PROBABLY good.  Not always, there are exceptions, but generally if it's a Disney Movie, it's probably gonna be good.  

I wasn't expecting much, just some flashy graphics. I was wrong.  Johnny Depp gave an amazing performance as Jack Sparrow, the famous pirate.  

I'm telling you, this movie is a classic.  It's up there with things like Treasure Island, etc. etc.  Very, Very well written, action packed, hilarious, great plot, legendary story, very well done.  

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
Re:Trauma's Movie Of the Year
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2003, 08:30:41 PM »
ok, no... def not, its not even the movie of the month

Trauma-san

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2003, 08:31:27 PM »
...but yet, you never saw it.  Shut your mouth.  

Don Breezio

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2003, 11:20:09 PM »
This movie is on my top 3 movies of the year list definetely...right now those consist of

1.2 fast 2 furious
2.pirates of the carribean
3.....reserved for bad boys II

Big BpG

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2003, 11:54:08 PM »
2 fast 2 furious shouldn't even be listed for movie of the year... why would you see that? Go see some good movies like finding nemo or terminator 3

-Blue

Albums I Bought This Year

From '93 to '05

UnstoppableForce

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2003, 12:04:18 AM »
1. Bad Boys II (already got to see it)  :D
2. Finding Nemo ;D
3. Pirates of the Carribean 8)

Bigg AG

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2003, 12:05:15 AM »
i made a thread about this and berly anyone replied... but yes this was an amazing movie IMO... im out!!!

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2003, 02:08:49 AM »
Wanna see it when it comes out over here but i think thats in about a month or so.
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...

Trauma-san

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2003, 04:49:47 AM »
Johnny Depp was awesome in it.  He should at least get a nomination, he OWNED that part.  Every line he had was just brilliant, whoever wrote it was great.  

For instance, basically he plays a pirate, who's flamboyant and crazy.  He reels a little bit when he walks, and uses hand gestures to accentuate what he says.  He acts like a drunk, basically.

Anyways, there's this one scene, where the girl falls in the water, off a cliff.  He's standing there with 2 guards who are about to arrest him, and she falls in the water behind them.  He turns around, and just kind of looks at the water with his head to the side; then turns his neck back around and looks at the guard and says "Are you going to be saving her?" (totally expecting the guy to say yes)... the guard goes "No" and Johnny Depp goes "Oh" then turns back around and looks at the water again, then starts taking his stuff off.  It's hilarious, every little line he hams up 200%.  

It's written VERY intelligently, there's a big scene where the girl tells the captain of the ship she doesn't believe in ghosts, then he goes off telling her the legend of the ship, and all this crap, and chases her around the boat for 5 minutes, and finally she stops, he finishes the story, and then walks into the moonlight where it shows him to be a skeleton, and goes "So ye best be believing in ghost stories, poppet"  or something like that, it's very very well written.  

bez

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2003, 09:42:57 AM »
I hardly ever go to the cinema, its a bastard.  They built a new cinema quite near me and its been there for a few yrars now but still there is no bus route there.  If I wanna go  I either have to walk, which is a mission or get the train which is also a mission.  If there was a bus route I wud be there all the time.  Shit sucks.

I think I am gunna watch spiderman tonight.

Don Breezio

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2003, 10:25:35 AM »
i go to the movies a lot...but its expensive as shit...8.00-8.25 for a movie after 6:00 pm...thats expensive shit...whoever said taking a date to a movie is cheap LIED...anywayz...

2 fast 2 furious shouldn't even be listed for movie of the year... why would you see that? Go see some good movies like finding nemo or terminator 3

im guessing by that quote you didnt even bother to see it...well first off...i loved the first one...i like action movies that arent exactly sci-fi (ie terminator is not a real appealing movie to me)...and im not a big fan of cartoon movies like finding nemo. i love shit like fast & the furious...so i had to see the 2nd one...i've seen it twice and i love it more each time...so if u have seen it i dont know what your bitching about cuz it was a great movie and most ppl do agree...and if you havent seen it maybe you should before you judge it  ::)

bez

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2003, 10:43:26 AM »
i go to the movies a lot...but its expensive as shit...8.00-8.25 for a movie after 6:00 pm...thats expensive shit...whoever said taking a date to a movie is cheap LIED...anywayz...

DAMMMMM thats scandalous.  

in the ODEON over in UK I pay 4.50 or 5 pound to see a movie which i quite good, but that 8 dollars shit is wack.

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2003, 10:51:23 AM »

in the ODEON over in UK I pay 4.50 or 5 pound to see a movie which i quite good, but that 8 dollars shit is wack.
we pay 9.50 here in LA area if you a student you get a discount but its still like 8 bucks :o

Don Breezio

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2003, 11:01:09 AM »

we pay 9.50 here in LA area if you a student you get a discount but its still like 8 bucks :o

holy fuck...thats some expensive shit...ok like i was saying about dates and movies being expensive...lets think about this...we'll use the 8.00...

2 tickets @ 8 bucks a piece = 16.00
Popcorn = 4-5 bucks
drink (s) 1= 3.50
            2= 7.00
candy = 2-4 bucks

add all this up and it = 33-35.00 per movie...thats an expensive 2 hours! plus generally you got dinner to pay for before or afterwards...shit dating is getting expensive...i wish it was 4-5 bucks all day like it is before 6:00...but they're bitches and they think they need more money  >:(

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2003, 11:15:00 AM »
its only July homie...the summer movies are wack as fuck anyway....its rare when a good one comes out....

but anyway.....I have a feeling KILL BILL will be the best movie of the year.  Best time for movies of this year is Sept.-November