Author Topic: 213 & the Neptunes :)  (Read 978 times)

Shin

213 & the Neptunes :)
« on: August 05, 2003, 06:36:53 AM »
Snoop's 213 Working With Neptunes On Long-Awaited LP
08.05.2003 7:59 AM EDT

LOS ANGELES — It took 12 years, but 213 are finally releasing an album.
Snoop Dogg, Nate Dogg and Warren G, who named their trio after the Long Beach area code more than a decade ago, will unleash their first record in November.

"We've been in the laboratory doing real good music, so we should have a single for y'all maybe in about three weeks, maybe a month," Snoop said at a recent video shoot (see "Chingy, Luda Battle Daisy Duke-Clad Ladies; Snoop Sips Drink At 'Holidae In' "). "It's hot. ... The West Coast is back, believe it!"

The trio are recording with the Neptunes, along with many of the same producers behind Snoop's recent Paid Tha Cost to be Da Boss, including Jelly Roll.

"I'm just trying to put together the best record to represent 213, since we never came with a record before, nobody never really heard us as a group," Snoop said. "We're really getting each others' back on every record. It makes the job that much easier and more like team ball. I play team ball better anyways."

Snoop has yet to title the 213 album, but he does have a name for his next solo album, Snoopafly, which he said will be executive produced by P. Diddy (see "P. Diddy Ready To Oversee Snoop's New LP — If Dre Doesn't Beat Him To It").

"I've been looking forward to working with him, and he wants to work with me, so we just gonna make it happen and bridge the gap and put together a classic record," Snoop said.

The veteran rappers from opposite coasts are planning to start the album in the fall. Snoop also hopes to make a movie of sorts relating to the material.

"Doing it with Puff is gonna make it so big to where it's gonna have to have a movie and big budget," Snoop said. "I've been sitting on for like three years, but I never had the appropriate record, the appropriate concept. This would only be right if I had a movie to go behind it."

Snoop is still tossing around ideas for his solo material, but fans might see a different side of the rapper, who performed at "mtvICON: Metallica" and covered Black Sabbath's "Iron Man" while touring with the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

"It's just something about rock that just brings out a certain type of energy in me that sometimes just needs to be released," he said. "You never know, I might go rock and roll for a minute."

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1475409/20030804/snoop_dogg.jhtml?headlines=true

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:213 & the Neptunes :)
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2003, 06:50:04 AM »
Neptunes & many of the producers from Paid The Cost on the 213 record? Man, FUCK THAT SHIT!!!

Also it's fucked up how MTV refers to 213 as "Snoop's group." As if Warren & Nate weren't that important... But then again it's MTV, and Snoop is the most mainstream name...

Don't know how the Snoop record is gonna come out with Puffy exec. producing it... It could get straight up fucked up, but I also have a feeling that Puff knows when it is that Snoop sounds his best and can make the album tight. We'll see, but so far I got faith in Puffy. I'm sure Puff will get Dre to do a track on there, he knows Snoop sounds best over Dre beats. Hopefully the Neptunes won't be fucking around the studio on that album though...
« Last Edit: August 05, 2003, 06:56:24 AM by T-Dizzog »

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2003, 07:00:49 AM »
damn

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2003, 07:11:58 AM »
sounds its not gonna be a 213 album more like snoop featuring warren g and nate dogg. i only wish some1 can talk some sense into snoop and let warren g handle most of the production

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2003, 07:16:31 AM »
i only wish some1 can talk some sense into snoop and let warren g handle most of the production

We all do! Snoop ask'd P.Diddy to exekutive produse hiz next LP. It took Puffy ta tell Snoop "we wanna hear u & Dre".
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Storm

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2003, 07:27:20 AM »
this sucks, i wanna hear some real 213 shit with warren producing.
snoop better make a good album with puffy or else i will just lose total respect for him. he needs to redeem himself for paid tha cost.
If tha bitch can't swim, then shes bound to drizzound!

BL7

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2003, 07:28:36 AM »
Warren G needs to slap Snoop upside the head! How in the fuck can the west come back using east coast producers? We need to use our own sound goddammit!! ;D

j/k

This is fucked up news though.... :-\

js83

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2003, 07:36:09 AM »
I knew snoop was gonna fuck this 213 shit up. the fuck is the neptunes doin on this shit? fucking jelly roll? omg...all the wack ass producers are gonna be on this shit. Thanks alot snoop.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2003, 07:41:22 AM by LaZ1e »

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2003, 08:08:46 AM »
could Snoop be any more of an idiot?

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Lil Suge Knight

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2003, 08:19:56 AM »
Fuck Snoop

Quoted Lil Suge Knight
These is dedicated to the niggaz down from day one!!!

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2003, 08:47:33 AM »
Kalm down yall! All thyz mean iz we gotta B on tha look out for that new Westside Konnektion.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Gangsta_T

• T-Records CEO
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • alldayeveryday another dope album!who can compete?
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2003, 08:49:16 AM »
I knew snoop was gonna fuck this 213 shit up. the fuck is the neptunes doin on this shit? fucking jelly roll? omg...all the wack ass producers are gonna be on this shit. Thanks alot snoop.

exactly...

snoop is still out only for da money...he should do at least 1 more album wit his heart instead of thinkin bout how makin the most money...
REMEMBER: big dicks in yo ass is bad fo yo health!
Ice muthaphukkkin Cube

RIP :
Eazy-E, Fo Clips, Cougnut, Big L, Mausberg, Roger Troutman, Tupac, Notorious BIG, Big Pun, Mr Cee & Hitman of RBL Posse, Speedy Loc, JMJ, Tone Capone

FUCK Nelly & St Lunatics
FUCK the Neptunes & Timbaland
FUCK Puff Daddy
FUCK Murder Inc
FUCK Eminem & 50 Cent
FUCK all RnB Snitches & Bitches

"im rare as finding warm pussy in an igloo"

TOOTHBRUSH

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • dpg production
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2003, 09:54:22 AM »
man i was thinking about this the other day..........and it would be stupid to have warren produce the whole thing, i mean warren is dope and all but i would rather take like the best 8 or 10 warren produced songs and there and leave out the ones that didn't turn out that great.  cause warrens beats could be on piont but that doesn't mean the song will be good.  so now you got 8 warren tracks lets say fred wreck comes in and gives them 2 or 3 tight ass westcoast tracks thats 11, then battlecat gives them a beat like dodo remix thats 12, dre hops in like he is supposed to hooks up 2 now we got 14. jelly roll can make tight ass westcoast beats two yall not all his shit is so futuistic like "you got what i want" so he hooks up a beat now you got at least 15 hot ass westcoast tracks.  if the neptunes do a beat it might even fit in with the albums flow anyway so give it a chance don't always look at the name in the credits and diss it before you hear the song

p.s. i hope run up on u is on there
"its tha pimp of tha crew soopafly comin through wit a dick and a couple balls just to name a few"-soopafly

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2003, 10:13:08 AM »
man i was thinking about this the other day..........and it would be stupid to have warren produce the whole thing, i mean warren is dope and all but i would rather take like the best 8 or 10 warren produced songs and there and leave out the ones that didn't turn out that great.  cause warrens beats could be on piont but that doesn't mean the song will be good.  so now you got 8 warren tracks lets say fred wreck comes in and gives them 2 or 3 tight ass westcoast tracks thats 11, then battlecat gives them a beat like dodo remix thats 12, dre hops in like he is supposed to hooks up 2 now we got 14. jelly roll can make tight ass westcoast beats two yall not all his shit is so futuistic like "you got what i want" so he hooks up a beat now you got at least 15 hot ass westcoast tracks.  if the neptunes do a beat it might even fit in with the albums flow anyway so give it a chance don't always look at the name in the credits and diss it before you hear the song

p.s. i hope run up on u is on there

true said!! and since Warren G didnt produce "Run Up On You" what would you say if it was a Neptunes beat

Danté Williams

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Diggie Dee aka Tha Preacher
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2003, 10:13:16 AM »
Yeah, I got no problem with Neptunes (for example) doin a beat for 213 cause them know 213 is representative of the WestCoast and they'll make it sound WestCoast. The same for all outside producers, but if Warren aint doin at least 50% of the production....I'll be going mad. Snoop, dont fuck up.