Author Topic: Snoop & Crew take over Montreal along with 50 and the Roc The Mic Tour, Writeup  (Read 572 times)

Nima - Dubcnn.com

www.dubcnn.com

50 Cent, G-Unit, Snoop Dogg, Soopafly, DJ Jam, Uncle June Bugg, Uncle Reo, The Snoopadelics, Busta Rhymes, Fabolous, Bone Crusher and Obie Trice hit Montreal, Canada, today, for another night of the "Rock The Mic" Tour, which has been going on for close to 2 months now, taking over city after city.
I attented the show, and I thought I'd give ya'll the scoop on how it went down, as my story will probably be different than most of the other ones. I met up with Bigg Chillah from our wCC forum around 2pm, and we went to town to see what's up. As we passed Foot Locker, we spotted Uncle June Bugg standing there with a couple of other people from the Dogghouse Crew.. So
after I introduced myself we hooked up and showed them around, picking up some hoes and doin some shopping. Trust me, June Bugg is really as funny as he seems on TV, he's hilarious. As the show got closer, they went back to the Hotel to change and get ready to Roc The Mic, and we slowly went towards the venue. Daz wasn't gonna be there because of passport problems (his
track record isn't the best...) but it was all good.
As we got in, I realised we missed Obie Trice's performance, which had started at around 6, and now Bone Crusher was ending his performance with his smash hit "Never Scared", half naked as always. I have to say, his voice impressed me, it's pretty damn dominant. Afterwoods, Fabolous came out and did his set, I have to say I wasn't too impressed it was hard to understand a word of what he was saying and the backup people were way too loud.
His performance was rather short too, and after a little wait, Busta Rhymes stepped out along with Spliffstar and wow, they put on an amazing show. I had already seen Busta live once and was hyped to be a guest at another one of his performances. He sounds great live, and he is a good entertainer. After throwing some water on a girl who refused to put her hands up when he
asked everybody to, he continued his songs. He did everything, from old classics, to the newer tracks, he made everybody "Jump", he made them "Clap", it was hot.
After about 40 minutes, they left the stage and made room for Snoop Dogg and his crew. Remember the little intro video they had at the Up In Smoke Tour before they stepped on stage? They had a little something going on this time too, except that it wasn't as good. It featured DJ Pooh, who once again played the stupid guy, and the Dogghouse Crew filming the movie "Black
Girls Gone Wild". Overall it wasn't too spectacular, it ended with a little shooting between Pooh and Snoop, and that was it. And then BOOM! Snoop jumped on stage to the sounds of "What's My Name" and I was very impressed by the live band they had, it brought the classic songs to a whole new level! After Who Am I, he bursted out into Tha Shiznit, Deep Cover, Down For My
Niggaz, Nuthin But A G Thang, Gin & Juice, Next Episode, Bitch Please, Lodi Dodi, Beautiful, as always a Tribute to 2Pac, I probably missed out some songs. Oh and let's not forget Snoops newest creation, a song and a dance that go together, and it goes a little something like this: Smoke weed, Get drunk, and Fuck! This, accompanied by the live band, Uncle Reo singing his
ass off and Soopafly doin the dance, the crowd was havin' a ball. They performed this for about 5 minutes, there was a good atmosphere. Oh and for those interested, Snoop blazed up two blunts on stage, letting everybody know it's still on!
That was pretty much it for Snoop Doggs show, and after about 25 minutes of waiting, 50 Cent and G-Unit bursted on to the stage with "What Up Gangsta".. He did all his hits, from In Da Club, Wankstah, Many Men, High All The Time, to Heat, U Not Like Me and alot more. He also had a tribute to Biggie Smalls, before his cut "Realest Niggas", and also a tribute to 2Pac with the cut "Realest Killas". Although 50 Cent is a very weak live performer, I have to say he's improved since the last time I saw him in June.. Still not a great show. He did a couple more tracks like Magic Stick and his remake of Right Thurr, and of course special dedication to Ja Rule and Murder Inc, dissing them and performing "Back Down". The crowd was good, although I was shocked to see some kids looking definitely younger than 10 in the audience with their parents. I wonder what they thought of Snoops anthem "Smoke Weed Get Drunk And Fuck"...

That was pretty much it for the concert, and afterwoods me, Bigg Chillah and one of his homies Steve hit up the hotel June Bugg told us to come to, the Ritz Carlton Hotel. As we got there, we saw a couple crew members holla'in at some hoes, there was a GANG of bitches in front of the hotel, and some dime pieces in there too! We were just hanging out for a while, chopping it up with some new Dogghouse producers, and then DJ Jam rolled up, Soopafly rolled up and Snoop was already upstairs. We took Uncle Reo, Bigg Chocolate the finances manager at Dogghouse and June Bugg to get some Chinese food at 2am, we were all starving, and when we got back we went upstairs to the rooms, chilled a little bit, had a couple drinks (they had some good Hennessey in there) and kicked it, everybody was having a good time. Me and Chillah and Steve took a couple of them girls and went into the room next door and uhh, kicked it…. That's all ya'll need to know about last night, but for those who didn't attend the show and were in Montreal that day, damn, you missed out!

Que (signing off)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Im out for the summer. See you all in the winter!
So you give some Montreal hoes a quick 1 2 up the shit-box?

http://www.audiohosting.org
incredible audio hosting deal and offers for mp3/wma/mpeg/etc. hosting for unsigned artists and record companies.

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
 8)tight shiit!!! 8)

Vigilante

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Future Revolutionary Classic
honestly, how did you just connect with June Bugg

This album recieved 3 Mics in the Source.....BS
Go support him and go buy it!

TOOTHBRUSH

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • dpg production

Me and Chillah and Steve took a couple of them girls and went into the room next door and uhh, kicked it…. That's all ya'll need to know about last night,

damn lucky fuckers! i hope you smoked weed, got drunk, and fucked  in that room ;D

did you guys get to talk about anything music wise? like dpg unit ect?
"its tha pimp of tha crew soopafly comin through wit a dick and a couple balls just to name a few"-soopafly

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New

Me and Chillah and Steve took a couple of them girls and went into the room next door and uhh, kicked it…. That's all ya'll need to know about last night,

damn lucky fuckers! i hope you smoked weed, got drunk, and fucked  in that room ;D

did you guys get to talk about anything music wise? like dpg unit ect?

there is alot of infos coming soon on www.dubcnn.com
« Last Edit: August 19, 2003, 05:38:25 PM by .:Bigg Chillah:. »

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
tight  8)

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

PLANT

I just got back from the show in Hamilton, and I have to say it was the bomb!  It wasnt Roc The Mic, so there was more freedom and shit.....Snoop actually gave out weed to people, and people were throwing blunts at him and he was smoking them.....Brassmunk opend followed by Choclair, Solitaire, Kardinal Official and Saukrates....The Canadian crew was awesome and brought alot of energy....Then Snoop and the Snoopadelics with Soopafly  and like Nima said Uncle June Bugg came on and rocked that shit like crazy....I was about 10-15 feet from the stage the whole time and I got some dope pictures I must say....Snoop performed Id say for well over an hours and he put in a great effort and performance.    Right now, I must say   Im so fucking Blazed out 8)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2003, 09:28:05 PM by Represent. »

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
Ey Nima...I have to say: I'm jealous man  ;D Damn...for real. I would've loved to be in your position that day.

Adriano

• Dream Team
  • Muthafuckin' Don!

hehe nima is a virgin

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

Don Seer

lol... btw nima on his way back to germany right now.. so he got some sleepin n stuff to do!

HHH

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "hello!!"
 8)

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Dope shit. You lucky bitches, hanging out with June Bugg and hookin' up with them hoes and all that... 8)

Don Seer

^ they didnt exactly hook up..

* Overseer knows what happened next ;)

.. and no it aint for me to tell!  :P

8)

HHH

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "hello!!"
can you not even wisper it in my ear  ;D