Author Topic: Method Man feature at sohh.com - good read  (Read 335 times)

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Method Man feature at sohh.com - good read
« on: August 21, 2003, 09:15:03 AM »
Meth with some real talk. Here ya go:
-------------------------------------
Method Man loves weed. He loves his family. He's got love for his dogs too - just don't take advantage. As one of Wu-Tang Clan's most visible emcees, Meth has seen the results of shady business transactions amongst fam. He's still down with the Wu but like Dirt McGirt, he too is having trouble with its business side.

Meth moves on. Since his debut, he has released solo albums, movies, a TV show and become a deodorant spokesperson. Regardless of his celebrity status though, all he needs is his nuclear family, some good spaghetti and a nicely rolled blunt. PS: Don't touch his pictures!

What does family mean to you?

Family is very important because everything with family is genuine. That's all you got right there. If anything you'll always have family.

How about non-blood family?

Nah for real my ni99as and sh!t... I don't even hang out with my ni99as. I be in my house with my family. As far as my ni99as go, they out there doing their thing. These muhf#@$ers don't listen! They smoke up your f#@$in' weed because they think they can get away with that sh!t.

Do they do it because they're "Method Man's boy"?

It don't matter who they boy is. Muhf#@$ers take advantage and sh!t. Muhf#@$ers! You tell them not to touch your pictures because you gotta look at them, muhf#@$ers touch your pictures. Touch, touch, touch. Take your blunt clip! You come back for your blunt clip and that sh!t is gone! That sh!t is wack!

Speaking of pictures, is there going to be another Redman/Meth flick?

It's not gonna be How High 2 but there's definitely gonna be another movie with me and Redman. We don't know what yet.

Another joint album?

Yes there's gonna be another Method Man / Redman album. We're just waiting for him to finish his album. He has to finish up first.

Were you always a Red fan?

Yeah. On the Def Jam Pay-Per-View he came out to "Protect Ya Neck" so it's a no-brainer right there. That's my dog.

Do you have a dog or any pet?

No. They're dirty and they stink. They serve no purpose in your household. Anybody who got an animal in their household... their whole house smell like that f#@$in' animal. The animal might as well live there by himself.

What do you need in your household?

All I need is my family and some food! And a refrigerator and something to grind my weed up.

What's your favorite food?

Spaghetti.

Are you into the whole Italian mobster shows and movies like The Sopranos or Goodfellas?

Nah, I really don't f#@$ with all that gangsta sh!t. ni99as have gangsta'd that sh!t out and made it clichéd. I would much rather do me. [Goes off on a tangent] Then the ni99a come with a wack rolled blunt, son. This my ni99a right here. You hear me son. For real, Mr. Street Life, I take this ni99a everywhere with me and he did me doggy son. You need to put that in there.

Getting back to the mobster sh!t.

They getting crazy with that sh!t. These fake ass gangstas running around when they're really fraidos.

Are you going down to Puerto Rico for the Scarface DVD release party?

Nah man. But I'll tell you this man besides black women, Latinas are next on my list. You black?

No. I'm South American.

South American. Yeah man Brazil and all that sh!t? Ohh son, I need to get out there. Hey y'all got some fine ass women. They got the dark skin and the good hurr [hair]. sh!t man y'all some lucky muhf#@$ers. I was this close to being Spanish. I could've passed for Spanish when I was younger.

You said "hurr." What's up with all this "herre" and "thurr" slang?

Everybody got their time. I remember in New York it used to be Brooklyn was number one then Queens had it then Uptown. Midwest got it now. All the Dirty South sh!t. You turn on BET Uncut what do you see? The South is all over that sh!t. Everybody wanna talk bad grammar and sh!t. Plus it's fun to say. You got ni99as in New York that say that sh!t.

What's some Wu slang?

C.R.E.A.M., All that Gambino mobster sh!t, all that "aka" sh!t. Jay's been biting our sh!t for years. Jay-Z and sh!t. Everything you heard the last 10 years has some Wu-Tang in it son.

What the f#@$ happened to hip-hop in the last 10 years?

It's a business. When I came in it was like if you went gold you were aight. Now if you go gold you're off the radar. It's a billion dollar business. A lot of ni99as bring a lot to the table. It's like what are you going to do?

So what are you going to do?

I ain't gotta do sh!t (laughs). I can sit on my ass all f#@$in' day but it don't mean I'm not gonna eat. It's basically do as much as you can while you can. I got the best job in the world. It's not like I gotta push a broom for nobody. [Off on a tangent talking to "Mr. Street Life"] What did I just tell you son? Muhf#@$ers come in and touching your sh!t. It's like you got love for them and sh!t but it's like c'mon y'all taking f#@$ing advantage.

You're a celebrity now.

A celebrity is a lazy muhf#@$er with a good job. Sit on my ass. When I come home I stay in the house, dog. That's my favorite spot. I've been all around the world and my favorite spot is home. My kids are crazy.

Where is home?

I'm still in Staten Island. You gotta say it like that "Shtaten Island."

I can't say that well. I'm from Brooklyn.

f#@$ Brooklyn (laughs). I love Brooklyn. Brooklyn made New York what the f#@$ it is god.

It wasn't the Bronx?

No. Brooklyn made New York. You got muhf#@$ers out here in Cali and be like "Is Brooklyn in the house?" Muhf#@$as be like "Yeah!" Brooklyn be everywhere. I can't even front G. You can be in Florida, f#@$in' Brazil. Is Brooklyn in the house?" [Barks] Brooklyn be in the muhf#@$in' house."

So who are your favorite Brooklyn emcees?

I like the whole Boot Camp Click. Those are my ni99as. Them ni99as is raw. I still think they dope.

Their new sh!t is bananas.

I figured it would be. They got this girl called Bamboo. She's my wife's cousin. She nice duke.

So have you ever thought about business-wise branching out on your own?

That will come, but right now Def Jam don't wanna give me what I'm worth. If I do my deal with them I'll basically still be working with them.

Why do you take so much time in between solo projects?

We had a unique deal G. Our sh!t was the first of its kind. We had the option to sign solo deals with other labels. It was like, look if it's this man's time to shine who am I to say it's my time to come with this album. Being greedy and cut his throat. It ain't never been like that with us. I was patient enough to wait. I'll come in three years down the line. As long as everybody eatin' that's good talk.

Now Ghost is on Def Jam.

I got some company.

With almost every top artist retiring at Def Jam, is it fair for them to bill Joe Budden as the future of the label?

I don't know why. I ain't got nothing against the kid and sh!t but I think he's overrated son. For real, it's just my opinion. As far as a person he's aight and sh!t. But I think he overrated dog. I think they put too much on him.

So what is the future for Def Jam?

Whoever comes next. You can't do that. If you do that you're jinxing a ni99a. You're limited yourself. Everybody always wants to make comparisons to this and that. f#@$ all that sh!t, let ni99as live off their own sh!t. Ten years later they'll say he's another Nas. Let Rakim live off his own f#@$in' sh!t.

Was it a wise move for Ra to leave Aftermath?

You don't hear no album from him, sh!t, I guess so. If I was sitting around and waiting for an album to drop. Eminem dropped. 50 Cent dropped. I want Rakim. What's up?

Young cats don't know Rakim. I was tutoring some high school kids out in Bushwick and they were looking through my CDs. I had some old Wu in there and they asked me who GZA was and what Tical is? I said, "It's the Wu." Kid was like "Oh yeah you guys in your 20s are heavy into Wu Tang."

(Laughs) Average 12-year-old don't know Wu-Tang, ni99a. He didn't know who I was either huh? Crazy. Kids are so genuine you gotta love them.

Bro, I came up with Tribe, Wu, Black Moon, Beatnuts...

My sh!t was a part of rap's new generation. That's when I came back into the fold. Public Enemy and The Juice Crew. These young muhf#@$as are trying to keep up with me because their lyrics lack substance. Little ni99as like Ludacris are a breath of fresh air to me.

You played pranks on each other. Are you gonna get him back?

Yeah. I'll get my own footage.

What happened to your "Stung" show on MTV with Redman?

They didn't give us money like that Ashton Kutcher. I got a lot of love for MTV but they call me for the little sh!t they never call me for the big sh!t. The show was small compared to Punk'd.

What's up with that?

I don't know. Maybe Ashton had better ideas.

How about your Wu fam, have you seen ODB?

I haven't spoken to Dirty. I was happy for Dirty in the beginning then I got disappointed that he wasn't going into a situation as a general but as a soldier. He's working for ni99as now duke. He don't have to. That's Ol' Dirty Bastard right there.

Did you see the VH1 special on him?

I wish him nothing but the best but that sh!t there I agree with him 115 percent about his money. I'm having my own discrepancies with Wu-Tang Productions. Not Wu Tang Clan but Wu-Tang Productions. Not with Wu-Tang Clan but Wu-Tang Productions [He repeats]. It's like I did what two years and I come home to nothing? You f#@$in' kidding me? That means they ain't handling their business.

He said on VH1 that no one from the Wu went to see him. Is that true?[b/]

I went to see Dirty's funky ass. He's a f#@$in' idiot. Dirty never f#@$in' liked me that's why. He never liked me. I mean he liked me but it was f#@$in' a weak emotion. It was jealousy. I wasn't taking sh!t off that ni99a plate. He's one of my favorite emcees back in the day. He fell way the f#@$ off. He was one of the best ni99as.

I heard he was pretty wild performing.

Dirty ain't an artist, he's not even an entertainer. He is a f#@$in' star but he's not an artist G. People sit there and Dirty would say three words out his f#@$in' song and he'll zone out for a second and then start singing. Zone out again but people love him for that sh!t. That ni99a is wack on stage.

Method Man can be currently seen in episodes of the HBO series The Wire, and he's also set to appear in the upcoming season of Boston Public. The future will see Meth team up again with budding-star Redman in two feature films, a remake of the Japanese comedy "Jailbreakers," and "DEA." Tical 0: The Prequel is due out this fall.

PLANT

Re:Method Man feature at sohh.com - good read
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2003, 10:15:16 AM »
Damn it seems Meth is hatin on alot of shit, like he seems very negative in that interview....Too bad :-\

Thanks for the article tho ;)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2003, 10:16:21 AM by Represent. »

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2003, 11:24:16 AM »
Thanks for the article..

Jimmy Cash

• 'G'
  • Jimbo C. on the scene
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2003, 11:45:28 AM »
who's this "Mr. Street Life" he talks about? cap?

Reservation, Bitch!!!

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2003, 03:09:17 PM »
now i know y hes spent so long on his album...hes too fuckin lazy he needs to hang with snoop or 50 let somethin rub off....

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

PLANT

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2003, 03:51:57 PM »
now i know y hes spent so long on his album...hes too fuckin lazy he needs to hang with snoop or 50 let somethin rub off....
LOL word....Meht needs to drop a fuckin album or something, put somethin hot out before you talk shit about everyone else....LOL @ JayZ's biting my shit, when JayZ's made like 7 albums since 96 and Meth's made 2 since 94.....Thats bullshit.

Duckman

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2003, 03:52:58 PM »
Method Man is full of hate the only people he dont hate on is Redman and Eminem... he dissed Tara Reid, Kelly Osbourne, Joe Buddens, ODB, The Grammys, MTV, Linkin Park and many more
« Last Edit: August 21, 2003, 03:54:18 PM by Duckman »

The Watcher

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2003, 05:35:31 PM »
dope interview

seems like wutang wont be bringin out another album for a long time the way he's talkin. meth red & em on an album would be dope
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2003, 07:04:00 PM »
lol, the part about dirty on stage was crackin me up. I hope meths album actually drops this fall, but I'm not gettin my hopes up  :-\

Don Breezio

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2003, 08:45:33 PM »
dope interview

seems like wutang wont be bringin out another album for a long time the way he's talkin. meth red & em on an album would be dope

wu said they are done...

anywayz...why is everyone trippin cuz meth is tellin the truth? meth said that jay-z has been bitin off the wu since the begginning.

Jay's been biting our sh!t for years.

thats true but at the same time...so has every other rapper in the game...even nas, & gangstarr (although generally its just premo mixing in some wu lines to a beat)...

With almost every top artist retiring at Def Jam, is it fair for them to bill Joe Budden as the future of the label?

I don't know why. I ain't got nothing against the kid and sh!t but I think he's overrated son. For real, it's just my opinion. As far as a person he's aight and sh!t. But I think he overrated dog. I think they put too much on him.

why is that hating? again he's just tellin the truth...joe budden is pretty average...i like his music but he isnt anything special...i havent listened to the cd more than maybe twice since it came out...

What happened to your "Stung" show on MTV with Redman?

They didn't give us money like that Ashton Kutcher. I got a lot of love for MTV but they call me for the little sh!t they never call me for the big sh!t. The show was small compared to Punk'd.

What's up with that?

I don't know. Maybe Ashton had better ideas.

you'd be pissed to if you had a show and then it got cancelled and some kid came and started doing a show almost exactly like it...

How about your Wu fam, have you seen ODB?

I haven't spoken to Dirty. I was happy for Dirty in the beginning then I got disappointed that he wasn't going into a situation as a general but as a soldier. He's working for ni99as now duke. He don't have to. That's Ol' Dirty Bastard right there.

right again...dirty has been around for years...he could be a general but instead hes a soldier of the roc...kinda sounds wierd....

I heard he was pretty wild performing.

Dirty ain't an artist, he's not even an entertainer. He is a f#@$in' star but he's not an artist G. People sit there and Dirty would say three words out his f#@$in' song and he'll zone out for a second and then start singing. Zone out again but people love him for that sh!t. That ni99a is wack on stage.

do you honestly think ODB is a good artist? the dude sounds like he gets drunk and stoned before he goes into the studio...he's like the hobo of rap...while i like his shit with the wu...some of his solo shit is a little stupid.

seriously everybody...meth isnt hating hes just tellin the truth...i dont see a problem with that.

Don Breezio

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2003, 08:46:28 PM »
who's this "Mr. Street Life" he talks about? cap?

i think on the judgement day album (i could be wrong about which album) but there was some dude featured on there called street life...i think

Jome

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2003, 07:26:07 PM »
Streetlife is a Wu-affiliate, and Meth-protege.
He could easily have been in the Wu, imo.. there's a couple of dudes he could easily replace.

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2003, 09:28:37 PM »
thx foe the article

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2003, 08:10:02 PM »
i respect Meth, he speaks his mind

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

eNgIeS

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2003, 08:25:04 AM »
Hey, Meth just callin it how he see's it

He gave props to alot of people in there, & he expressed his HONEST opinion, he didnt sugar coat it. Jay-Z is a great rapper, but some of the shit he does involves words or slang that Wu came up with in 1993 (before & beyond) while Jigga was rappin like the Fu Schnickens

Method Man is full of hate the only people he dont hate on is Redman and Eminem... he dissed Tara Reid, Kelly Osbourne, Joe Buddens, ODB, The Grammys, MTV, Linkin Park and many more

What he say about Osbourne out of curiosity?

I love Ozzy, he was a great rock star. Kelly is a stupid spoilt brat & if it wasnt for her last name, she wouldnt have got a record deal, & even after all that her album bombed now Sony wanna drop her & Ozzy is leaving if they drop her

Streetlife is a Wu-affiliate, and Meth-protege.
He could easily have been in the Wu, imo.. there's a couple of dudes he could easily replace.

True. Street Life is a mad rapper.