Author Topic: whos getting this.....  (Read 220 times)

gildedganon187

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I Am No One But The Thing Which You Fear!!!!!!!!!!
whos getting this.....
« on: September 03, 2003, 10:57:58 PM »
whos getting The Simpsons Hit and Run game. its coming out for GC, XBOX, And PS2 i read a lot of articles on it and heard a lot about it soposally its the best simpsons game ever imo i think its true ive seen the previews and all and also played some of it(demo) and yeah it tight it has style of GTA Simpsons style so yeah i will have to give this game even though its not out yet but i did play some of it i give it a 8.8 out of 10.

end gigaganon

There Is Nothing I Can't Do, That I Can Try To Get Done.....

Noon Bank$

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Bankin' It
Re:whos getting this.....
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2003, 08:27:05 PM »
HELL YES. Even tho it looks a little cartoon-ish.

The Simpsons began in 1987, my freshman year of college, and since then, it's safe to say that the show and I have grown up at the same rate - not at all. The program is still the rawest, freshest, funniest, most biting satire of American life on television and if its lost a step or two in recent years, it's still light years ahead of any of the other mindless dreck on the boob tube. Despite that, translating the Simpsons brand of raucous humor to the video game world has been mixed at best - perhaps because the game developers didn't realize that the show's fans have always been less about playing with the Simpsons than about simply exploring their world. That's why I've gotten so excited about The Simpsons: Hit & Run.

A quick description of Hit & Run might be Grand Theft Auto III meets the Simpsons. It certainly looks that way at first glance and it's not a comparison that representatives from developers Radical Entertainment shy away from. Like GTA III the heart of the game driving from place to place, accomplishing missions, exploring buildings, interacting with citizens and discovering secrets. The difference of course, is that the world that's free for exploration is the town of Springfield.

The game itself is based on the same engine as Crazy Taxi clone The Simpsons: Road Rage, although there are several improvements including an enhanced traffic engine that allows other cars on the road to react realistically to your driving - at least as realistically as Springfieldians do anything. Almost any area you might have seen on the show is accessible in the game. Playing on the game's final "Halloween" level, Radical took me on an exploration of the Simpson's home, rang the doorbell of the Flanders' residence (Rod and Tod answered and announced that they were waiting for the Apocalypse) and zipped around the back and took a look in the bomb shelter in the backyard.

In fact, one of the most fun things about the demonstration of the game was peppering Radical with obscure Springfield references and having them zip to that area while saying "We've got that". A few examples: Skyscraper made of matchsticks? "We've got that." The Monorail track? "We've got that and the Monorail is an unlockable vehicle in the game." The Escalator to Nowhere? "We've got that and it's worth big points if you can manage to jump it in your car!" To add to the game's authenticity, the entire current writing staff of the television show contributed an original storyline, script and dialogue to the game, in addition to thousands of classic quotes.

For players who just had to get all the packages in Vice City, Hit & Run contains a similar subgame in which the players must find collectable trading cards hidden around the town. When the developers drove Bart into the plaza in front of Springfield Town Hall, he stopped and got out of the car in front of the statue of Jebediah Springfield. Being the Simpsons maven I am, I asked if Bart could cut off the statue's head the way he did in an early episode. Sure enough, not only could he do it, a trading card was hidden under the head! The card was a still from that particular episode along with its title and episode number. Apparently if a player can collect all of the trading cards, they can get a movie ticket from the Comic Book Guy at the Android's Dungeon and see a special screening of an "underground" Itchy & Scratchy cartoon - totally original and exclusive to this game.

Will Hit & Run be good? It's far too early to tell. One particular problem was that the noise of the show floor kept me from hearing the interaction and dialogue. As Radical themselves admitted, much of the game's fun comes from the original voice over work. Still, if Radical can pull this off, Simpsons fans may finally get the game they deserve. And I may move to Springfield and never leave.

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2003, 08:33:02 PM »
yea it for sure will be the best simpsons game,since all tha simpsons games have been  :-\, well except for that arcade one,that one was pretty dope

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

[Stoned]Jesus H. Christ[Wheat]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Reefer Addict - Abusing It Faster Than A $2 Whore
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2003, 10:32:21 PM »
It will be a rent for sure but that will see if it's a buy or not.
It's 4:20, are you smoking?

Lady Scarface

Ignyte

• 'G'
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2003, 12:52:29 AM »
yea it for sure will be the best simpsons game,since all tha simpsons games have been  :-\, well except for that arcade one,that one was pretty dope

Shiiit, i remember playing the arcade version of the simpsons, that was pretty wicked, i use to be either Bart or Homer.
Coz you see at the age of birth, we was contaminated with the caucasions curse/
I dont know what came first, the pententiary or the purse/
But I aint into that crap, I'd rather lay back and start working on my raps/
While you niggas stay strapped, with a hoe on your lap, with a dirty puss and crack/
While I stay intact with my people, and carry the mic which is lethal/

UDollar A.K.A Nino

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm sorry you had to see me like that...
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2003, 05:02:20 AM »
That game looks like the "Road Rage" one, anybody know if they will be the same or totally diffrent style?
"I have loved you," says the LORD. "Yet you say, 'In what way have you loved us?' "Was not Esau Jacob's brother?" Says the LORD. "Yet Jacob I have loved" - Malachi 1:2

The final season of Lost - 2010

gildedganon187

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2003, 07:49:46 AM »
That game looks like the "Road Rage" one, anybody know if they will be the same or totally diffrent style?

kinda like the same but with gta sytle game play ur car can be totaled and u can walk around and do submissions and stuff its gonna be great!.

end gigaganon

UDollar A.K.A Nino

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2003, 09:44:42 AM »

kinda like the same but with gta sytle game play ur car can be totaled and u can walk around and do submissions and stuff its gonna be great!.

end gigaganon

Fo real?

If it gonna have the voices of the "Road Rage" and the style of "GTA", The im sure gonna cop it the same day it drops....

Huh....
"I have loved you," says the LORD. "Yet you say, 'In what way have you loved us?' "Was not Esau Jacob's brother?" Says the LORD. "Yet Jacob I have loved" - Malachi 1:2

Noon Bank$

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Bankin' It
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2003, 09:49:04 AM »
Wasnt road rage like Crazy Taxi?

UDollar A.K.A Nino

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2003, 09:54:26 AM »
Wasnt road rage like Crazy Taxi?

Yeah it was, but alot better and funny'r if you ask me....
The Voices had me laughin' as a mutha, and the graphics were pretty good too....

Now combine that with the "GTA" style, and that should be hard....

Huh....

Jome

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2003, 04:07:32 PM »
gildedganon187, get rid of that ridiculous avatar, it's WAY TOO BIG!

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2003, 04:27:27 PM »
wah bloah gigaloo

gildedganon187

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2003, 10:58:27 PM »
gildedganon187, get rid of that ridiculous avatar, it's WAY TOO BIG!

uhh no.well maybe i guess but im leaving the metal gear on.

end gigaganon

gildedganon187

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2003, 10:59:28 PM »
wah bloah gigaloo

is that some sort of crack at me?the fuck u mean by that?

end gigaganon

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2003, 02:56:08 PM »
wah bloah gigaloo

is that some sort of crack at me?the fuck u mean by that?

end gigaganon

lol chizzil gigaloo, aint nuttin but luv on dubcc dawg,

seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen