Author Topic: Is "Cheers" going to be better than "GRODT"....?  (Read 511 times)

PLANT

Is "Cheers" going to be better than "GRODT"....?
« on: September 18, 2003, 03:21:57 PM »
I dunno about anyone else, but the 4 tracks Ive heard from Obie's album are on average, better than the standout tracks from Get Rich or Die Tryin......"In da Club" can go head to head with "Oh" IMO.......And "Look in my Eyes", "The Set Up", and the song with Eminem are fucking amazing, yet Im sure theres alot more bangers to come from that album....

Dare I say Classic, but I have a feeling that "Cheers" is going to be an amazing album.....

UnstoppableForce

Re:Is "Cheers" going to be better than "GRODT"....?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2003, 03:24:22 PM »
Cheers is a dope album, but I don't think it's better than GRODT.

Code Blue

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2003, 04:03:23 PM »
I've heard the whole thing, and IMO it's a bit better than 50's debut Shady album. The real question though is will it sale more units?

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2003, 04:08:27 PM »
i say they are at about the same level but GRODT is more on a party club vibe tracks while Cheers is just a good hip hop cd to listen to

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2003, 04:19:06 PM »
Not hard to be better than GRODT. Obie's 3-4 songs I've heard so far are better than 50's album overall.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2003, 04:27:03 PM »
well not from what ive heard so far..............in da club vs got some teeth as 1st single.........in da club, 5/5 track, no doubt.........got sum teeth.........should have stayed in a ost for a comedy...........oh is a very dope track but 50 got his style which stands out so until i dont hear obies album i aint sayin nuttin............but y'all hypin it up alot, so imma see for myself how sick this album really is

peace

PLANT

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2003, 04:40:18 PM »
I wish "Got some Teeth" wasnt the first single.....Its an alright tune, but "OH" or "llok into my Eyes" woulda fucked shit up in the streets and In the Clubs.....

I think all the hype surounding 50 made his so-called debut "In Da Club" more than it was......Dont get me wrong, that song will be forever a classic, but Im feelin "Oh" just as much.....

BTW, now that Ive heard Dre on GRODT and Cheers, Im feelin all these beats and really anticpating Detox to the fullest...

UnstoppableForce

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2003, 04:57:18 PM »
i say they are at about the same level but GRODT is more on a party club vibe tracks while Cheers is just a good hip hop cd to listen to

That's more like what I aimed at saying. :)

eS El Duque

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2003, 05:25:40 PM »
its a bit better than GRODT>..but i doubt its gonna sell more than 50's album...Got some teeth sux as a single =/

The Watcher

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2003, 05:39:03 PM »
this is ALOT better than GRODT, but 50 has the market appeal
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2003, 07:35:55 PM »
I think it is a better album than GRODT personally. I doubt it will sell as well tho. :(

mrtonguetwista

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2003, 08:22:22 PM »
Cheers was a hilarious show. You had Woodie,Sam,Diane,Coach,Carla,Cliff, and Normmmmmm.  Never thought a show set inside of a bar would be a hit. ;D

Jome

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2003, 09:34:58 PM »

Agree.
I'd give them both 4.25 mics, 4.5 if I was nice..

teecee

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2003, 10:36:41 PM »
I think Obie's album is more consistent, but does not have a single even close to In Da Club.  You gotta realize, that is one of the biggest singles of all time.  
Besides that track, the beats are much better on Obies album and ya i gove this album 4.5 (i was expecting like 3/5) compared to 4/5 for 50  cent

Hittman2001

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2003, 10:39:50 PM »
i'd say they are both the same, i'm liking Obie's album more now probably because its fresh music.  i'll probably get bored of this album as i did 50's (i can only listen to a couple of songs off that album now)