Author Topic: Eastsidaz Claim Snoop Owes $1 Million...  (Read 928 times)

Woodrow

Eastsidaz Claim Snoop Owes $1 Million...
« on: October 28, 2003, 09:59:23 AM »
Hmmmm....

Eastsidaz Claim Snoop Owes $1 Million
By Nolan Strong
Date: 10/28/2003 11:30 AM

A rift has opened between Snoop Dogg and his one time protege's, Tha Eastsidaz. According to the group, Snoop never paid the group royalties on two platinum selling records.

The group alleges that after they hired accounting firm Moss Adams LLP, the same accounting firm that Snoop uses, they discovered that they were owed in excess of $1 million dollars.

"I won't allow nobody to take my hard earned money," Big Tray Dee said. "If you want to take something, let's go head up and winner take all."

The group said that they were given a royalty rate of 2 percent and when they confronted Snoop about the unpaid money, he allegedly claimed that no money was made on their self titled debut and the follow up, Duces 'N' Trayz...The Old Fashioned Way.

After the audit, The Eastsidaz allege they found that Snoop had charged them $142,000 for two gold chains worn during the "G'd Up" music video.

The group claims the chains were gifts and that ten other people were given chains as well.

On August 6, 2001, Tray Deee wrote a letter asking for the unpaid royalties. He said that he received a response from the law firm of Leibowitz, Roberts & Ritholz, stating that all of the royalties were given to Snoop Dogg.

In November of 2001, The Eastsidaz and their manager Terry Carter met with Snoop at his Dogg House Studio.

During the meeting the group alleges that they explained to Snoop how they trusted him and that Snoop himself had been cheated out of royalties while working for Death Row Records.

Tray Dee maintains that Snoop agreed to give Tha Eastsidaz their own record label to release their third album through TVT Records and that Snoop would contribute three songs to the album at no cost.

The Eastsidaz say that they are still waiting for Snoop and claim that his silence is "an attempt to sabotage Tha Eastsidaz project."

Earlier this month the group says Tray Dee went to Snoop's house to return the gold chains and to again ask for the back royalties.

According to the group, security was alerted and Snoop "ran out the back door, hopped the fence, fell, busted his lip and ran into the mountains. The security guards opened fire on Tray Deee and left the premises before police could arrive, leaving Snoop alone on the mountain."

"Let's show the fans who you really are," Tray Dee continued. "Quit running like a coward behind your
security."

http://www.allhiphop.com/hiphopnews/?ID=2494

Diabolical

Re:Eastsidaz Claim Snoop Owes $1 Million...
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2003, 10:10:12 AM »
Snoop Iz A Bitch 8)

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2003, 10:23:39 AM »
According to the group, security was alerted and Snoop "ran" out the back door, hopped the fence, fell, busted his lip and ran into the mountains. The security guards opened fire on Tray Deee and left the premises before police could arrive, leaving Snoop alone on the mountain."

"Let's show the fans who you really are," Tray Dee continued. "Quit running like a coward behind your
security."

:o
Snoop fizzle..
jumped over the fencizzle..
into mountizzle..
away from Tray Deeezzle..
If this is fo' Shizzle...lol

Snoop need's to watch out for the fizzle..
or the Moutain Lionizzle's... ;D

Funny if true..(trouble in paradise)

DPG is falling apart at the seem's...cause of $
sound's kinda familiar.

Hatesrats 2oooTre

Smoke

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2003, 10:35:35 AM »
I'm still trying to understand HOW Kurupt has fucked up the DPG.. ::) ???
IMO it was already everything dead. Too bad. This news is really fucked up if it's true.

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2003, 10:38:26 AM »
Snoop ran out the back door, hopped the fence, fell, busted his lip and ran into the mountains. The security guards opened fire on Tray Deee and left the premises before police could arrive, leaving Snoop alone on the mountain.

LMAO Picture that!!!!!

"Let's show the fans who you really are," Tray Dee continued. "Quit running like a coward behind your security."

Woah damn...Tray callin Snoop a coward...one more beef on the West  >:( BUt if this is really true then I lost alot of respect for SNoop..He dissed Suge for years becaus he didnt pay him for Deep Cover and now he's doin the same
« Last Edit: October 28, 2003, 10:39:59 AM by Lil Jay »
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

Smoke

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2003, 10:41:25 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D

Homie just wait 2-3 days, then go to www.deathrowrecords.net
I bet they'll have an intro making fun of Snoop and saying "Tray Deee to Death Row?"
LOL, just like they did with Jay-O.

TRAY DEEE TO DEATH ROW, c'mon!  ;D ;D ;D

Woodrow

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2003, 10:41:54 AM »
Snoop Knight?

Suge Dogg?

LOL, J/K

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2003, 10:44:08 AM »
Fucked up if this is true... Imagine: 1 million dollaz!!! (That part about running and hiding in the mountains sounds so far fetched and dumb that it can't be true though...)

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm as laidback as possible without being high
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2003, 10:48:31 AM »
I wonder if this is really true......if it is......wouldn't Snoop have enough money to pay them the million?
Z knows about ALL your inner conflicts..

Smoke

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2003, 10:56:22 AM »
1. Kurupt left the DPG by saying he wasnt getting paid enouf during concerts, ecc..
2. Daz refused to sign to Snoop by saying Snoop offered him an horrible contract.
3. Kokane left the label.
4. Big Tray Deee is now dissing Snoop Dogg, saying he owes him $1 Million.
Who's next? Soopa? Damn man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

budsmokeronly

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2003, 11:01:19 AM »
I heard some other stuff too, and dunno if I believe all that.  either way snoops a bitch and eastsidaz needa drop him.

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2003, 11:33:00 AM »
1. Kurupt left the DPG by saying he wasnt getting paid enouf during concerts, ecc..
2. Daz refused to sign to Snoop by saying Snoop offered him an horrible contract.
3. Kokane left the label.
4. Big Tray Deee is now dissing Snoop Dogg, saying he owes him $1 Million.
Who's next? Soopa? Damn man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wasnt there some kind of Money Issue with Bad Ass too?
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

Smoke

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2003, 11:34:11 AM »
Add fuel to the fire. ;D

Code Blue

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2003, 11:45:00 AM »
This is bad news. Looks like Snoop is either putting money over his homies, or else he's just a terrible businessman.

"I won't allow nobody to take my hard earned money," Big Tray Dee said. "If you want to take something, let's go head up and winner take all."

:o

Wballz

• Lil Geezy
  • thadogghouse.com
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2003, 11:51:59 AM »
Fucked up if this is true... Imagine: 1 million dollaz!!! (That part about running and hiding in the mountains sounds so far fetched and dumb that it can't be true though...)

lol yeah sounds a bit stupid "fell busted his lip" sounds like people just addin to the story....nxt it'l say snoop mum came n knocked tray out