Author Topic: Why.....  (Read 366 times)

Foesum

Why.....
« on: December 21, 2003, 04:27:40 PM »
Do some of you hate the songs off The Black Album?

Like aight, "Encore" doesn't have very good lyrics, but i'd give it atleast a 4 just for the beat lol.

Ya'll hating on "Allure", "Change Clothes" and "Justify My Thug". JMT has the sickest bass i've heard in years. And Quik's done worse. I think its a dope beat, plus the flow is amazing on it, the best off the album. "Allure". im bumping it right now, aight, Pharrell is a bit annoying, but the beat is addicting. And Jay's lyrics are tight. And "Change Clothes". Easily the worst off the album, but its still tight. I don't think Pharrell is annoying on this one, and the beat is sick still.
ya'll suck, and don't be telling me im a fucking dickrider, i know what hip-hop really is.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2003, 04:28:12 PM by Foesum »

budsmokeronly

Re:Why.....
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2003, 04:31:37 PM »
I rarely listen to anything outside the westcoast, and man I think this album is hot!  

SGV

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2003, 04:37:39 PM »
"Justify My Thug" is hot! Fuck what every one says. People were expecting Quik to drop some jazzy shit, but that would've been out of place. He dropped a knocking beat, IMO. Now, I didn't like some of the songs because of the lyrics and the beats. "Lucifer," "Justify My Thug," "Threats," "Dirt Of Your Shoulder" those are hot jams.

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2003, 04:40:43 PM »
black album is the best rap album of the year hands down. you can listen through the whole thing without skipping, theres no weak tracks on there, im feelin both Neptunes tracks
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

budsmokeronly

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2003, 05:49:56 PM »
black album is the best rap album of the year hands down. you can listen through the whole thing without skipping, theres no weak tracks on there, im feelin both Neptunes tracks

I gotta say I agree.  I never thought I would pick Jay Z to drop the hottest album of the year.

Foesum

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2003, 06:07:48 PM »
yea yea, you all know what im talking about.

But mainly Vigilante. Aight, Jay ain't great on "Encore" but it's better than anything 50 Cent's done lol. 2/5? naw. 4 atleast.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2003, 07:43:04 PM »
its 1 of the best this year, but change clothes is terrible, 2/5 if not worste, but its an amzing album

Citizen-Y

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2003, 07:59:29 PM »
ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED??!! ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED??!! Is this not why you are here?

Spaniard!  Spaniard!!  Spaniard!! Spaniard!!  Spaniard!!  Spaniard!!

« Last Edit: December 21, 2003, 08:00:19 PM by Citizen-Y »

Don Breezio

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2003, 08:13:46 PM »
the only track from the album im not feelin is lucifer...and its not that its not a good track...the beat is hot and the flow is on point...its the chorus...it annoys me...but other than that its probably the best album i've bought in years.

Jome

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2003, 09:00:29 PM »
Never thought I would see WCC on Jay-Z jock..  :P ::) :D ;D

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2003, 12:52:50 AM »
Never thought I would see WCC on Jay-Z jock..  :P ::) :D ;D

www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2003, 04:12:15 AM »
^^^lol

I like em all, except Change Clothes, it's not that bad, but really mediocre

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2003, 05:35:03 AM »
dirt of your shoulder was a hot beat i just wish it was given to another rapper jay didn't do it justice i'm on the look out for remixes i heard royces anyone know any others?

i don't really hate on the rest of the album tho althopugh em could have done a bit better

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

West C. Connected

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2003, 05:48:32 AM »
^ Daz had one and it had a new instrument in the beat too.

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2003, 06:26:41 AM »
I only thought "Change Clothes" was a bit of a let down, the rest is dope. Especially Justify My Thug, 99 Problems, Lucifer and Dirt Off Your Shoulder.