Author Topic: More Carrey-less sequels of Jim Carrey movies to come...  (Read 406 times)

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Re:More Carrey-less sequels of Jim Carrey movies to come...
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2004, 10:22:24 AM »
ace ventura 3?????? without jim carrey? damn thats wack........would have been sick with him in it..........why isnt he gettin offered the role or sumthang?

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2004, 10:33:46 AM »
REAL wise ideas... ::) Make sequels of movies whose success is entirely based on Jim Carrey's performance and not have Carrey in the sequel anymore... They got to have shit for brains over at New Line Cinema.

ExZit

• CPG Recordz CEO
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • COMPTONS MOST WANTED
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2004, 10:49:18 AM »
ace ventura 3?????? without jim carrey? damn thats wack........would have been sick with him in it..........why isnt he gettin offered the role or sumthang?

??? WHY ?  ???
- - ExZit's top 5 Albums of 2006 - - -

- - ExZit's top 5 Albums of 2005 - - -

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2004, 11:42:54 AM »

That ain't too hard to figure out.

Jim Carrey = a very high salary

Another, less known & skillful comedian = a lower salary than Jim Carrey's = savings for the studio

ace ventura = a household name that's going to sell anyway, no matter who's in it = money for the studio

money made from the movie + savings done by using a cheaper actor = even more money for the studio

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2004, 12:03:38 PM »
carrey costs like 25 million if he's starring
actually, I dont get why movie studios  see the movies they create as money-bringers.
If I were in their position, I'd also consider the gift of creatin something worth fighting for. something they can be confident with, you know... something genius, something with meaning...
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2004, 05:20:18 PM »
It has nothing to do with them not offering Jim Carrey the part, because the movies would obviously make a lot more money with him in it...He just doesn't like playing the same character twice...He was begged to play "Ace Ventura" the second time, and almost didn't even do it...That's why they are forced to make the sequels without him, but if he doesn't wanna play it, why even bother writing up a script?...This is what bothers me about the movie industry today.

UDollar A.K.A Nino

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm sorry you had to see me like that...
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2004, 09:42:35 AM »
It has nothing to do with them not offering Jim Carrey the part, because the movies would obviously make a lot more money with him in it...He just doesn't like playing the same character twice...He was begged to play "Ace Ventura" the second time, and almost didn't even do it...That's why they are forced to make the sequels without him, but if he doesn't wanna play it, why even bother writing up a script?...This is what bothers me about the movie industry today.

Yeah I read somewhere, that Jim got offerd the role in Mask 2 but dint take it. The story this time should be about the north god Loke and his father. Also ive read that the mask gets on a little kid, and his father wants to do something (not sure what, lol)....

Now, this is the first time that i hear about a Ace Ventura 3, and that sounds just plain stupid....
"I have loved you," says the LORD. "Yet you say, 'In what way have you loved us?' "Was not Esau Jacob's brother?" Says the LORD. "Yet Jacob I have loved" - Malachi 1:2

The final season of Lost - 2010