Author Topic: Shady Records... Death Row Records  (Read 404 times)

NeoSoul

• 'G'
  • Minutes To Midnight
Shady Records... Death Row Records
« on: February 11, 2004, 05:36:53 AM »
Imo shady records is like the new death row.

not in the sense of lyrics or style or anything like that just the fact of their releases.

for example dr's first few releases:

the chronic
doggystyle
murder was the case
above the rim
dogg food

then look at shady

slim shady lp
marshall mathers lp
devils night
eminem show
get rich or die trying
cheers

both companies released dope albums

i dont think one shady release has been bad they're all pretty good. not many other companies release good albums consistently

wat yall think

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm as laidback as possible without being high
Re:Shady Records... Death Row Records
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2004, 09:10:58 AM »
Are you really saying G-Unit,Obie Trice,50 Cent and D12 are on the level of The Chronic or Doggystyle? :P  ??? ::)
Z knows about ALL your inner conflicts..

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2004, 09:15:11 AM »
no fucking way lmao

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2004, 09:47:05 AM »

Kinda stretchin' it...ImO

But prop's on speakin' your mind
I only wish u could have been a fan back in them
O.G. Deathrow day's...
(not sure if u were or not....but)

Shit was defo Chronic... 8)
Hatesrats 2oooIV
(A heavy period...right there)

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2004, 11:03:17 AM »
Are you really saying G-Unit,Obie Trice,50 Cent and D12 are on the level of The Chronic or Doggystyle? :P  ??? ::)

i don't think that's what he's sayin at all. i think he's saying that they are a consistent record label in droppin dope records. and it's plain stupid to compare any release of today's rap music to any release of deathrow's startup. we all know that nothing is ever going to compare to 'chronic' or 'doggystyle' again, but shady records is droppin some shit right now that's probably gonna be considered 'classic' in about 10 years.

when the deathrow cds were first released, we didn't know the effect that the DR releases were going to have on the rap game at that time. but looking back on it now, they've set the standard....i bet in 10 years, all those albums mentioned about dropped by shady records are going to be considered classics.

Conan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Holler at your Uncle Snoopy..."
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2004, 11:16:11 AM »
Any Eminem album will go down in history as a classic album (unless he screws up BADLY - which I doubt), but both ''The Slim Shady LP'' and ''The Marshall Mathers LP'' were technically Aftermath releases. ''The Eminem Show'' was Em's first album for Shady/Aftermath.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2004, 11:16:53 AM by DPG2K »
"Shit ain't all peaches and cream, and I ain't Sara Lee, bitch!" - Lloyd Banks

"I'm Morpheus in this Hip-Hop Matrix, exposing fake shit." - Common

"With consecutive platinum hits, I up my status. Ain't no more Calvin Broadus!" - Snoop

"Look at all these conscious rappers - guess who influenced them?" - KRS One

Ras Kass' Toothpick

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2004, 12:47:50 PM »
^^^True
Devil's Night was Shady Records' first release, and you forgot the 8 Mile OST.

And every Shady release so for far is better than the overrated Above The Rim OST but none of them can touch The Chronic, Doggystyle or Dogg Food.
Herb Quote Of The Year[/u]

CalebOhio: I think i can speak for many others when i say my favorite rap artists are white but i still want black artists to be dope. they are chosing not to be. that wouldn't be a likely believe held in a white supremacist group. I want Nas to deliver evertime but he doesn't every time Sage does. so Sage gets my $15 regardless or his status. fuck your status perception and labels you use.

Dedicato

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • AFTERMATH MUSIC
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2004, 12:49:56 PM »
none of them can touch The Chronic, Doggystyle.

topdogg187

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2004, 12:54:29 PM »
Any Eminem album will go down in history as a classic album (unless he screws up BADLY - which I doubt), but both ''The Slim Shady LP'' and ''The Marshall Mathers LP'' were technically Aftermath releases. ''The Eminem Show'' was Em's first album for Shady/Aftermath.

no eminem albums are classics, but since white america sucks his dick they probably will go down as classics. Did anyone come across rolling stones 500 greatest albums of all time? they put all of em's albums and no pac album, no doggystyle, that was complete bullshit. Just shows how much rolling stone knows about rap.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2004, 02:06:54 PM »

no eminem albums are classics, but since white america sucks his dick they probably will go down as classics. Did anyone come across rolling stones 500 greatest albums of all time? they put all of em's albums and no pac album, no doggystyle, that was complete bullshit. Just shows how much rolling stone knows about rap.

please delete your account and never come to this board again.
vaporize yourself.
thanks for your cooporation.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2004, 02:08:46 PM »

no eminem albums are classics, but since white america sucks his dick they probably will go down as classics.

sorry, but i think all of america sucks his dick. don't act like only white people think he's the best....

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2004, 02:09:35 PM »

vaporize yourself.

lol... word.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2004, 02:10:15 PM by JTPlatnum »

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2004, 02:10:44 PM »
actuallt its true, no eminem album from hiphop heads yet will be considered classic, he proved his a true mc on eminem show but its not all that, marshall mathers still remains his best hiphop joint to hiphop fans, cuz its what really got niggaz recognizing, damn this cat got skills, he had some sick joints on slimshady lp, and eminem show, but he aint touched the standards of MMLP......8mile had some of his better tracks to in 8mile road and loose yourself.....

oh and of the post......the only thing u can compare death row to is aftermath....no shady recs......even if aftermath dont release alot of shit, its the only thing u can evern compare death row to.......cuz they both got that factor called dre.......

pz

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2004, 02:52:28 PM »
the slim shady lp was em's hottest album you moron...

topdogg187

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2004, 03:18:28 PM »

vaporize yourself.

no need to get panties in a bunch homie, what i said is the fucken truth and if you can't handle it than shitty for you. I didn't mean all white people by the way i jsut mean like mainly the critics and the editors of magazines because they actin like he's the saviour of rap when we know theres much better rappers out there and he ain't even close to a fucken saviour of rap, fuck that shit. Only rapper who should be gettin that much praise is 2pac.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2004, 03:19:31 PM by topdogg187 »