Author Topic: (dubcnn) It's Still Tha Row.. ohh and Dynasty Recs  (Read 360 times)

Don Seer

(dubcnn) It's Still Tha Row.. ohh and Dynasty Recs
« on: March 09, 2004, 01:47:42 PM »
www.dubcnn.com ...

Crooked I - It's Still Tha Row.. ohh and Dynasty Records - March 9, 2004 By : Overseer
Since the site for Crooked I's label opened speculation has been rife about his relationship with Death Row.

Ballerstatus.net claimed that Crooked I left when his contract expired on March 5th, that he was still cool with Death Row and that he was fielding offers from several interested parties.

Death Row retaliated by putting up a statement from spokesman Jonathan Wolfson which simply stated "Crooked I is still signed". It hinted that Crooked I may be disgruntled because Crook's album was delayed in favour of veteran rapper Kurupts. They have changed the flash intro to to tout that their "Second Dynasty Begins This Spring" and lists Eastwood, Kurupt and Danny Boy.

So whats the deal?

We have word that Crooked I does still have contractual ties to Death Row, and that they're trying to work a solution which suits everyone.

So for now... its Still Tha Row.. he's still got a deal. Ohh and don't forget.. he still owns his own publishing. So Death Row won't be releasing an album on him like other former inmates
« Last Edit: March 10, 2004, 06:12:32 AM by Overseer »

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:(dubcnn)It's Still Tha Row.. ohh and Dynasty Recs
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2004, 01:53:53 PM »
sometimes I think it would be the best solution if Crooked I simply shoots himself to get him AND US out of this dilemma.

Now it's a moment like that.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2004, 03:22:46 PM »
Why doesn't he make his own shit on his new label, and release that, and let Death Row do whatever the fuck they want.  He's still gonna see some money form the Row release, and people wanna hear those tracks, so he should jus do his own thing and let Death Row take their sweet ass time releasing "Say Hi To The Bad Guy."  Daz should also release the DPG version, he has nothing to lose.

Tha Psycho Hustla

Re:(dubcnn) It's Still Tha Row.. ohh and Dynasty Recs
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2004, 07:19:22 AM »
damn..it´s fuckin´wit´ma dome..all dat crooked i shit..he needs 2 drop sumthin´... ::)

ACGRUNDY

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2004, 11:27:07 AM »
I don't understand suge at all.  He has had crooked I for 4 years, and didn't release one album, yet now crooked is tryna leave, and suge won't let him.  WTF?  Does suge just get his rocks off by ruining other people's lives?  Suge is one of the worst things to ever happen to the music industry.

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2004, 11:32:11 AM »
Man...I wish Crooked I best of luck and hope it will all go the right way for him, he deserves to get an album released after all this time.

way2fonky313

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2004, 08:48:52 PM »
i swear the row must be the shadiest record label ever. suge is a piece of shit.....i bet that same exact line has been written on this board before too. fuckin a.

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2004, 08:55:01 PM »
Why doesn't he make his own shit on his new label, and release that, and let Death Row do whatever the fuck they want.  He's still gonna see some money form the Row release, and people wanna hear those tracks, so he should jus do his own thing and let Death Row take their sweet ass time releasing "Say Hi To The Bad Guy."  Daz should also release the DPG version, he has nothing to lose.

lol....ain't that simple mane....there are reasons "why he doesn't do this" and "why he doesn't do that"....the music business ain't as simple as a fan's point of view....especially when we dealin wit majors here....

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

The Watcher

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2004, 10:11:38 PM »
maybe Eminem will sell Suge the name 'shady records' since thats what they seem to be over there. the man isnt happy, hasnt had an album out in the 4 years he's been there, yet they still want him? what the fuck is wrong with suge?
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Ruben

• BallerStatus.net
  • Lil Geezy
  • BallerStatus.net is in the buildin'!
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2004, 07:06:49 AM »

Yeah buddy, as Rodzilla said, it ain't that easy in this fucked up music biz.

Crook. said he's recorded a lot of shit FOR Tha Row and they just don't release it.  

Now if Crook. were to release even material that he DIDN'T turn into Tha Row--they'd probably go after him, legally, saying he can't release anything unless they authorize it(we have a better chance of Hell freezing over before this were to happen), and then there's that Suge Knight guy.  I don't know man, Prince Paul's last album summed this shit up pretty well "Politics Of the Business"!!!
"breakin' that carbon copy monotony!"-Sly Boogy

Mick a/k/a Mickaveli_#1

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Greenleaf
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2004, 07:12:46 AM »
Crooked I owns his publishing. Death Row Cannot - I repeat - CANNOT release any Crooked I material that was done after June 2001.

Now since Crooked owns his publishing, so which means he can release the material he did on Death Row without them being able to do anything about it

Ruben

• BallerStatus.net
  • Lil Geezy
  • BallerStatus.net is in the buildin'!
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2004, 07:56:00 AM »
That sounds great, but something tells me that somewhere in the contract it states he can't put shit out on his own w/o Tha Row's consent.  He told me he can't release anything  until the contract's worked out...go figure.
"breakin' that carbon copy monotony!"-Sly Boogy

Don Seer

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2004, 07:58:21 AM »
yeah i think thats also true.

if he used row producers, row money, and row studio time to make that they have a part of it all too.

Mick a/k/a Mickaveli_#1

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Greenleaf
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2004, 09:21:02 AM »
I don't know why he would want to release his deathrow material anyway. He should be looking forward. Darren Vegas produced a large proportion of the say hi to the bad guy album so why he would want it released is beyond me when Vegas is off deathrow also/.

Crooked should reform himself in the East Coast and get production from that special someone over there

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2004, 09:33:14 PM »
Fuck that , we have average Game to do that, let Crooked blow out the west, thats how u bring it back
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll