2 (6.1%)
Pistons in 5
1 (3%)
Pistons in 6
3 (9.1%)
Pistons in 7
3 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: Lakers vs Pistons - NBA Finals  (Read 2521 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Lakers vs Pistons - NBA Finals
« on: June 01, 2004, 09:34:26 PM »
So what do ya'll think? Los Angeles Lakers or Detroit Pistons?? I say Lakers in 5... 8)

Sikotic™

Re:Lakers vs Pistons - NBA Finals
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2004, 10:38:37 PM »
I'ma go with Lakers in 6. I don't think the Pistons have a chance, but they aren't goin' out without a fight.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2004, 11:19:38 PM »
Lakers in 6

hector

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2004, 11:47:59 PM »
lakers in 5

A-Trak

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2004, 12:06:52 AM »
Lakers in 5

ecrazy

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2004, 12:35:57 AM »
PISTONS IN 7
IM ONLY SAYING IT FOR ONE REASON:
KOBE NEEDS TO COME TO THE CLIPPERS!
KOBE & THE CLIPPERS - COME ON NOW, YOU ALL KNOW YOU WANT THIS TO HAPPEN AS WELL!!

;D

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2004, 12:59:51 AM »
They'll sweep the Pistons. No offense at all. And Rip used up all his good games against us. It'll be an awful finals.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2004, 03:51:25 AM »
lakers in 5 .....MAYBE 6 if chancy heats up, but no doubt  this is a charity series...the lakers are the champions , have been ever since they beat san antonio  8)

match ups say ALL lakers

Center:

Ben wallace is big, but shaq is bigger. Ben is strong but shaq is stronger......again there is no answer for shaq, shaq wins the battle for center every series .

Power forward:

Rasheed is going to do a lot of things that keven garnett did , but to a lesser degree of excellence , ALOT lesser,  which is good for malone...who did a nice job on garnett and will muscle rasheed around. Malone is hungry i expect him to come up big this series .

Small Forward:

Prince VS George.....prince and george pretty much even each other out...i don't see prince blocking any one's shots.....his man george ain't going to shoot much , plus when kobe switches to SF when fish comes in with payton still in prince is going to get torched and posterized.

Shooting guard:

like shaq , anytime you put kobe up agains anybody , kobe wins. Rip might be a good offensive player < BUT he's a weak defensive player against larger guards like kobe. Kobe is very strong on the d...plus kobe is a lot faster  and stronger than rip......don't expect to see 30 point games from richard hamilton this series. ALso we got an emerging star in Rush..so lakers got this possition on lock

point- chancy is good.....but he's only as good as gary payton is now, payton though is a better defensive player and is a better dribbler and passer...and if payton can't hold his own(which id oubt) there's always fisher who arguably can be getting a starting, waiting to come in and fuck shit up .

man i love this match up......we all remember the last time larry brown saw phil jackson in the finals......4-1 bitch!  8)

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

dexter

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2004, 10:27:29 AM »
The Pistons are going 2 try 2 play BRAWLBall instead of basketball.  If the Refs let them get away with stuff it could be close.

Montana00

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2004, 02:28:19 PM »
Some of you are giving the pistons WAY too much. Ok heres my thoughts. First off i think Lakers in 5. Basically because the lakers have some off nights.

Game 1 in La: Lakers
Game 2 in La: Lakers
Game 3 in Det: Pistons
Game 4 in Det: Lakers
Game 5 in La: Lakers

Ok now my reasoning. I hear how pistons are so awesome. They creamed  Nets and Pacers. First of all. If you watched the nets series....the nets really suck as a team.

Pacers on the other hand are a really good team, and if you beat them props to you, BUT. Jamal tinsley didnt even play some of the games, because of his injury, and he didnt play at all in the game that defeated them. Jermaine o niel (pacers best player) was really injured, which hurt the pacers badly. i think if all the pacers were healthy they would have beaten the pistons. there again the pacers are a young team.

Lakers. The best team in the NBA. They have experience, and most of all  SKILL.

Ben Wallace V Shaq: Shaq is the best Center in the league right now IMO. Ben wallace will beable to slow him down, but he cant completly stop him no matter how good he is at defense. other way around...Shaq doesnt have to stop ben, the most he ever gets is around 10 points. Not a threat. All you gotta do is keep him from dunking.

Rasheed V Malone: this will be a good matchup. I really didnt think much of malone, until i saw the wolves game. He really showed that he could play defense. Although he couldnt stop garnett.....nobody can. I really think it will be neck and neck. They both will play great defense, and they both good offense. But i think malone will win, because hes got the experience.

Tayshaun V George: This matchup, i could care less. I really dont like either player, and i dont really think there that good. But both these players have good shots, and they could sway the score.

Kobe V RIP: Is this even fair? Kobe is way way way too good. Nobody can stop kobe. even if you have your hand in his face he can drain anything. They were saying all through the pacers series that rip was too fast. REGGIE MILLER WAS GUARDING HIM. Its not really that hard to outrun old reggie. And i do think kobe can stop rip, but rip will still get his points. If he can stop rip completly, Pistons basically have lost their offense.

Chauncey V Payton: I personnally think billups is overrated. Yesterday he went 0/8 in 3pts, and he drains one and suddenly he's this God-sent point guard.  Billups really isnt a scoring threat, because all he does it take weak shots in the post, and attempts nearly 15 3pters a game. Also hes not very fast. Payton on the other hand is pretty quick. The glove is going back on in this series. Payton will shine.

Pistons will only get 1 win, and thats because lakers will have an off shooting night at detroit.

.:DayGoStyLz:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2004, 03:44:30 PM »
Lakers in 6 probably. Detroits D will make the Lakers offense look bad, but they wont score enough i dont think. Hopefully Rip will keepin tearin shit up though, and if Billups plays big they've got a shot. This series might be closer then yall think tho...dont be shocked if Detroit tests em. I want the west to win...but in this unfortunate situation i gotta go for Detroit lol

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2004, 04:07:51 PM »
They're saying Malone is gunna play Wallace, with Elden Campbell playing a lot of center...Should be interesting to see.

Montana00

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2004, 04:54:07 PM »
Even better if malone guards wallace.

Shaq will step all over rasheed. Rasheeds got no strength.

.:DayGoStyLz:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2004, 05:05:07 PM »
Even better if malone guards wallace.

Shaq will step all over rasheed. Rasheeds got no strength.

yah, but Shaq definetely wont be "steppin all over" Wallace. Shaq and Wallace fouling eachother...a free throw coaches nightmare lol

Montana00

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2004, 05:47:07 PM »
anyone else smell technical fouls coming?

malone, payton, rasheed, ben, and larry brown.

these guys all are known for their mouths. :)