Author Topic: The Up in Smoke Tour appreciation thread..  (Read 370 times)

We Fly High

The Up in Smoke Tour appreciation thread..
« on: June 28, 2004, 07:58:13 PM »
i have a live bootleg cd of the Up in Smoke Tour when they made their stop in San Jose, California on June 19th, 2000. I was extremely lucky to be able to attend this same once in a lifetime concert. It was just unbelievable, in the presence of these all time greats, like Dre, snoop, eminem,cube, nate dogg, kurupt, mc ren, warren g, eastsidaz and all them, back when everything was one tight click (minus daz, which was unfortunate).. but yeah i was extremely fortunate to obtain this cd from some guy that i met.. and it only records the part where Dre & Snoop come out...but its about an hour or so the same live performance that i went to, and its just great to relive the experience by hearing it. its pretty damn good quality considering its a live recording.. its fucking sick cos Kurupt, snoop and dre and eminem keep shoutin out San Jose nonstop throughout the entire cd..kurupt is pretty much the main hypeman of the show, and u can hear him throughout the entire cd, and it has a more complete set listing and track performance than the DVd that most of you guys have seen...the songs that they performed here that were recorded on the cd were

The next episode - dre snoop nate
The Shiznit (not on dvd),
Deep Cover (not on dvd), - dre snoop

whats my name,
nothin but a g thang, dre snoop
fuck you,
year 2000 -xzibit (not on dvd),
bitch please, - xzibit snoop nate
whats the difference, - em, xzibit dre
 forgot about dre, - dre em
california love,
2 of amerikaz most wanted,
gin and juice (not on the dvd),
aint no fun (w/ the entire crew nate dogg, kurupt, snoop, warren g, this was not on the dvd as well),
Xxxplosive (w/ kurupt and hittman.. not on dvd),

let me ride remix,, truth hurts
still dre, and
Chin check (with mc ren snoop dre cube as an encore.. not on dvd)

im not sure if the cd cut out of any of the songs that they performed.. it didnt include the opening acts though like warren g's set, or ice cube or eminems set.. but good thing they all made their guest apperance in the dre and snoop part that got recorded..

who else went to the Up in Smoke Tour.. its too bad a concert to this extreme would probably never ever be repeated again..you know San Jose was crackin too,  cos the up in smoke tour decided to come around again for a second time in August near the end of the tour.. they didnt visit any other city twice except for san Jose , they got love for us. haha.  man im just so glad that i was able to attend that concert, and even more glad that i was able to get a live recording of it so that i could relive it. shit was just too ridiculous. every fucking hit that these guys have made, were performed at this show. and almost all of them have so much experience in the game, that their performance is right on point. snoops flow is 100% on point and rides the beat so smoothly. listening to the Shiznit, sounds exaclty like it was on the original doggystyle cd.. at first i was trippin about the $50 ticket price too.. but man after the show, i realized i wouldve paid like 200 or more.. i was hella lucky to score the tickets too. i had some chick friend that bought a pair.. but i guess she started fuckin up in school, so her mom wanted to deport her to Philly where her dad was staying.. so she had these two extra tickets, that she sold to me.. after watching this show, my rap taste became only and strictly west coast for a long time.. all of these summer jams and what not, none of them can touch the up in smoke tour, they pale in comparison. now that dre scrapped detox, who knows if there'll be a Still Smokin tour.. and with all the    recent split ups.. im just glad that i was able to attend the greatest concert that i will ever attend in my lifetime, and that i have a live bootleg to document it..

once i get home back to the bay, i'll try to rip the tracks onto my other computer and upload it in the audio hookup spots..
« Last Edit: June 28, 2004, 08:18:32 PM by justin718 »

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
Re: The Up in Smoke Tour appreciation thread..
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2004, 08:18:12 PM »
I went to the show that is on the DVD in Worchester Ma..  ;D

We Fly High

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2004, 08:20:06 PM »
damn youre pretty lucky. didnt they keep out on shouting out the wrong city though, werent they shoutin boston.

haha yeah, in california, WC didnt do the c-walk either. that wouldve incitied some riots/fights. going to this show was probably the largest amount of gangbangers ive ever seen at once. on the ticket the font that says NO COLORS is as big as the font that says SNOOP DOGG DR DRE UP IN SMOKE TOUR. when leaving the arena, i remember there were hundreds of police officers in full out riot gear like standing on the street on both sides with their shields up just creating walkways for people and shit and to keep any violence to a minimum.. . it was crazy.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2004, 08:30:22 PM by justin718 »

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2004, 11:18:37 PM »
I went to the show in Albany, New York and even there the arena was packed.  Definately worth the $45.  Oh wait, now that I think about it,I didnt even pay for my ticket.  I let my ex bitch dish out the cash for that and 3 shirts!

mauzip

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2004, 12:59:16 AM »
they need to bring an up in smoke tour to europe!

Don Seer

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2004, 01:33:09 AM »
there was talk of it wasnt there. enimem kinda made it out here, and did that euro tour dvd.

it was really the ultimate tour... another tour like that would include 50 cent + g-unit on top of eminem n them.... so i expect it wouldnt have the same impact on us.

it was pretty much a promotional vehicle for everyones albums at the time, especially dre's.

the dvd is a must have.

i got introduced to a guy from around here who is a huge west coast fan (even has a dub tatoo'd on his shoulder) and he flew out to one of the shows with his brother. i know he used to use kazaa.. but he didnt seem interested in the board.. lol

something else that falls in a similar category video wise as a must have is the NWA reunion performances at farmclub.. but they dont sell those on dvd do they?

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2004, 05:19:27 AM »
haha yeah, in california, WC didnt do the c-walk either. that wouldve incitied some riots/fights. going to this show was probably the largest amount of gangbangers ive ever seen at once. on the ticket the font that says NO COLORS is as big as the font that says SNOOP DOGG DR DRE UP IN SMOKE TOUR. when leaving the arena, i remember there were hundreds of police officers in full out riot gear like standing on the street on both sides with their shields up just creating walkways for people and shit and to keep any violence to a minimum.. . it was crazy.

Damn, that's crazy.
Mauzip: you're right, if they ever decide to do this again, they definitely should come to Europe. Their fanbase here keeps groing...

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2004, 05:43:30 AM »
I've only seen the concert from the DVD and it's still the dopest shit I've ever seen performed on stage.

Is there anything else on the DVD besides the concert footage though? I don't own a copy myself...

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2004, 09:52:35 AM »
Yeah,Im glad I got the DVD,its just so fucked up they didnt have all the performences,shits still dope tho.Just wondering,did people like Xzibit performing Year 2000?

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2004, 10:22:05 AM »
yo justin i was at that show too. i went to both shows in san jose and gotta say they were off the hook. pure madness. they went so big for those shows that it was like being in the middle of a movie

Suga Foot

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2004, 11:10:17 AM »
I went to the Vancouver show, it was by far the best show I've ever seen.  GM Place was hotboxed lol.  1 thing that was funny was when snoop asked the crowd "how many people here smoke crack" and then everyone started goin nuts, Snoop looks at Dre and goes "what the fuck?".  Then Snoop goes how many people here love that BC Bud?  Then the crowd went nuts for about 3 minutes, then Snoop goes, "now you know why we here". 

Don Seer

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2004, 11:14:11 AM »
lmao crazy..

ya'll remember mtv showed one of the up in smoke shows too?

wasnt as well put together as the dvd though

Suga Foot

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2004, 11:18:34 AM »
lmao crazy..

ya'll remember mtv showed one of the up in smoke shows too?

wasnt as well put together as the dvd though

yeah I saw part of the Detroit show, they performed Bitch Please 2

We Fly High

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2004, 12:16:37 PM »
.  1 thing that was funny was when snoop asked the crowd "how many people here smoke crack" and then everyone started goin nuts, Snoop looks at Dre and goes "what the fuck?". 

hahahhahahaha... that shits hilarous
was it the part where they were doing the heartbeat skit asking who smokes cigarettes/crack/and weed?
that part got recored onto the cd.. they had DJ Jam using the turntables to imitate heartbeats by scratchin
so they first did a normal heartbeat.. and then they did a heartbeat of a person who smokes cigarettes.. and then they did the heartbeat of a person who smokes crack..and then they did the heartbeat of someone who smokes weed..and then they go like "this is your heartbeat when u fuck with dre and snoop" and then there is no heartbeat sound.. and the lights just go out. that part was soooooooooooo sick..

damn dude JT you from the Bay? i thought you were in NY. youre so lucky that you got to go to both. i shoulda went to the second one too.. my other homeboy actually made it to the 2nd one too..

any of you guys pick up any memorabilia from the show? like posters or tour programs?
i was able to pick up a small poster pretty much exactly the same as the dvd cover except Warren G is on the poster too with Dre,snoop,cube,eminem and the big  sweet leaf.
i was also able to pick up this tour poster, probably one of the sickest kurupt pictures ever.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2004, 12:21:09 PM by justin718 »

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2004, 12:22:02 PM »
They did keep calling it Boston , Eminem came out and was like "why do they keep callin it Boston? Its Worchester, he was like I'm gonna combine um and call it Boshester" You can even here him say Boshester on the DVD