Author Topic: Tyson Knocked Out in the 4th Round.  (Read 904 times)

A-Trak

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Tyson Knocked Out in the 4th Round.
« on: July 30, 2004, 10:03:55 PM »
Source :: http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=1849705

Associated Press

LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- Mike Tyson was knocked out in the fourth round Friday night in a shocking end to the latest comeback of the fighter who once was the most feared heavyweight of his era.

Unheralded British heavyweight Danny Williams landed a flurry of punches that sent Tyson sprawling into the ropes, perhaps ending his career with the same kind of fury that Tyson once unleashed on other fighters.

The fighter once called the baddest man on the planet went down from a final right hand, then laid helplessly along the ropes, blood streaming down his face. He tried to get up to beat the count, then fell down again and the fight was waved to a stunning close at 2:51 of the fourth round.

The fight was a free-for-all from the opening bell, with Tyson landing some huge left hooks early, only to take punishment himself when Williams got over his initial stage fright and began brawling himself.

Tyson won the first three rounds, but Williams was landing well to the head and when he began throwing punch after punch with Tyson near a neutral corner, Tyson couldn't answer back.

Fighting in Muhammad Ali's hometown before a big crowd that cheered his every move, Tyson tried with every punch to score the kind of spectacular knockout that would make him a heavyweight contender once again at the age of 38.

But Williams wouldn't go down and then came back with shocking suddenness to win.

It was Tyson's first fight in 17 months, and only his second since taking a beating from former heavyweight champion Lennox Lewis two years ago.

He was desperately trying to resurrect a career that made him more than $300 million, but the loss to a 9-1 underdog perhaps signals the end of an era in the heavyweight division
« Last Edit: July 30, 2004, 10:05:48 PM by A-Trak »

Da WCC Hopar!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love to see her walk off!
Re: Tyson Knocked Out in the 4th Round.
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2004, 10:42:22 PM »
is der any place online that u can dload da video? like a bittorent or somethin

Mr.Pac-Man

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2004, 11:24:57 PM »
its totally over for iron mike.......he aint made out of iron no more! 

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2004, 12:17:39 AM »
That sucks...Tyson ain't a big name no more...I didn't even know he was fighting again...LOL

Throwback

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2004, 02:57:47 AM »
he wanted to go K1 rite? challenged bob sapp. he could beat that fuck, he challenged Hoost aswell, no chance at winning that for mikey

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2004, 03:11:13 AM »
He needs the money. His best bet is a rematch with homedude, and he needs to train harder. He was over 230 for only the third time in his career, the first two against a no body and the second was that beating from Lewis. He needs to get his body in the shape as his mind right now. And the only way he is continuing this comeback is a rematch with Williams. If not, no one will take him seriously. I hope he can complete his comeback just to get out of debt. Honestly he should retire, but I don't want him in that much debt.

.:DayGoStyLz:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2004, 03:39:47 AM »
his career been over since my boy Holyfield beat his ass the first time. Time to hang it up Mike. Maybe he can enter a TuffMan competition somewhere lol

Tyson vs Butterbean!!

Smoke

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2004, 03:43:21 AM »
I didn't even know he was fighting again...

ExZit

• CPG Recordz CEO
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • COMPTONS MOST WANTED
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2004, 03:44:33 AM »
i feel sorry for him... i would like to see him as a heavyweight contender.. he's still the biggest name in boxing so it feels like he deservs better  :-\
- - ExZit's top 5 Albums of 2006 - - -

- - ExZit's top 5 Albums of 2005 - - -

RXL

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2004, 10:16:35 AM »
He should've saw this coming, he's washed up.

Montana00

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2004, 10:21:06 AM »
ive never watched boxing before (always wanted to get into it) i downloaded the fight and im gonna watch it.

but, isnt mike tyson a really good boxer?

KING VerbalAssaulta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2004, 10:29:03 AM »
i watched it...i was stunned and really sad...tyson was my fav boxer...you got the feeling that he didnt even want to be fighting

RXL

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2004, 10:30:31 AM »
i watched it...i was stunned and really sad...tyson was my fav boxer...you got the feeling that he didnt even want to be fighting

Who knows whether he wants to be fighting or not... He has to do it to pay off debts though

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2004, 12:47:26 PM »
he is 38 years old you can't expect him to be as good as a younger opponant in his prime

Da WCC Hopar!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love to see her walk off!
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2004, 04:19:56 PM »
ive never watched boxing before (always wanted to get into it) i downloaded the fight and im gonna watch it.

but, isnt mike tyson a really good boxer?
HEY WHERE DID U DLOAD DA VIDEO??????? ???