Author Topic: Listen to entire Brian Wilson concert online (Link)  (Read 154 times)

Trauma-san

Listen to entire Brian Wilson concert online (Link)
« on: November 29, 2004, 09:09:04 PM »
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4182988

Almost an entire concert streaming! 

His band fuckin' ROCKS, they play the entire SMiLE album, as well as about 15 of his greatest hits, his voice sounds fucking INCREDIBLE.  This was recorded live @ Carnegie Hall last month, wow. 

Trauma-san

Re: Listen to entire Brian Wilson concert online (Link)
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2004, 09:14:47 PM »
Damn, I just listened through for the first time... listen @ about 15 minutes in, Brian does this rare song he wrote in the 60's called "Good to my Baby", and sings the shit falsetto like he used to in the 60's.  He hasn't had a falsetto voice since about urgh.... 71 or so... but now can sing falsetto again.  Amazing, this guy is reversing time month by month. 
« Last Edit: November 29, 2004, 09:17:27 PM by Trauma »

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2004, 09:43:06 PM »
gotta peep this wen i got time.

The Watcher

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2004, 10:58:17 PM »
i sat next to this dude on a plane about 7 or 8 months ago, but I had no idea who he was. when i got off the plane, all these people came up & started askin him for his autograph, talkin about the beach boys etc.. didn't realise who he was til i seen people talkin about him on here

he's also performing here in a few weeks, don't think i will be checking it out though
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2004, 10:59:36 PM »
so u sat next to Brian Wilson on a plane and dint talk to him.. i think trauma would cut his dick of for that opportunity

Trauma-san

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2004, 11:29:06 PM »
Well; actually, no I don't think I could live without my dick. 

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2004, 09:07:22 PM »
i sat next to this dude on a plane about 7 or 8 months ago, but I had no idea who he was. when i got off the plane, all these people came up & started askin him for his autograph, talkin about the beach boys etc.. didn't realise who he was til i seen people talkin about him on here

he's also performing here in a few weeks, don't think i will be checking it out though

Brian Wilson takes commercial flights? I wouldn't think so, but I won't call you a liar. He's a little nutty, so you would have noticed something. Was he talking to himself and shit like that? Because that's what I'd think be doing.

And Trauma, falsetto isn't that hard. I doubt he couldn't do it all those years, he probably just wouldn't do it. Now if he sang like David Ruffin in the concert, then I'd be impressed.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2004, 10:23:12 PM »
I should have seen him when he was in L.A on Election night.   :(

SMiLE is an amazing album...i love it

The Watcher

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2004, 02:46:30 AM »
nope, he seemed pretty normal. i got off the plane, and a bunch of people rushed up to him, then when i got home the dude was all over the news and that's when i found out who he was. when i got on the plane we were sitting @ a hungry jacks (burger king) place in Sydney airport and a few ppl were stoppin by so i knew he was from the beach boys then, but didnt find out his name til I got home and saw the news that night
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Trauma-san

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2004, 07:42:31 AM »
Shallow: You're an idiot.

Compare anybody's falsetto, to Brian Wilson's falsetto.  It's an entirely different matter, nobody alive sounds like him.  Even his guy, Jeffrey Foskett that sings live with him doesn't sound on Brian's level from the 60's.  Even Jan from "Jan & Dean" who sang tons of songs like the Beach Boys, couldn't sing them the way Brian recorded the demos (Yeah, he wrote their songs too).

And No, you're again wrong, he could not sing falsetto for several years, I've got all the bootlegs, all the demos, all the things where he sounds like a fuckin' frog trying to sing, because of the damage ciggs, alcohol, and heroin had done to his voice. 

Also, Brian's not nutty enough to sit around and talk to himself all day, plus, yes, he does take commercial flights, like most people take commercial flights, first class.  He's usually just a quiet guy, he probably sat there the whole time not saying a thing. 

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2004, 08:02:02 AM »
Shallow: You're an idiot.

Compare anybody's falsetto, to Brian Wilson's falsetto.  It's an entirely different matter, nobody alive sounds like him.  Even his guy, Jeffrey Foskett that sings live with him doesn't sound on Brian's level from the 60's.  Even Jan from "Jan & Dean" who sang tons of songs like the Beach Boys, couldn't sing them the way Brian recorded the demos (Yeah, he wrote their songs too).

And No, you're again wrong, he could not sing falsetto for several years, I've got all the bootlegs, all the demos, all the things where he sounds like a fuckin' frog trying to sing, because of the damage ciggs, alcohol, and heroin had done to his voice. 

Also, Brian's not nutty enough to sit around and talk to himself all day, plus, yes, he does take commercial flights, like most people take commercial flights, first class.  He's usually just a quiet guy, he probably sat there the whole time not saying a thing. 

Falsetto in general is easier to do. Like I said, when he sings like David Ruffin I'll be impressed. So his falsetto sounds different. Everyone's does; MJ's, Barry Gibb's, Frankie Valli's. They all sound unique. Brian trying to do any of their falsettos wouldn't sound the same and vice versa, because they have different voices. The bottom line is Ruffin is a better singer than Wilson. Personally I never liked falsettos except in rare cases. It usually sounds cheap to me. A song here and there is fine but when too many use it then it really gets annoying. It's also a nice way to hide a mediocre singing voice.

I guess if you factor in the drug use then it may be hard to do falsetto, I wouldn't know since I was never stupid to experiment with hard drugs.

I figured he was rich enough to take private jets, and popular enough to want to. With nutcase obsessed fans like you out there I would think he'd stay the hell away from public transportation.

Trauma-san

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2004, 06:29:54 PM »
Your knowledge of the human voice is lacking, no wonder your a springsteen fan.  Go take a fucking vocal lesson, then come back when you know a few elementary ideas about how to sing. 

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2004, 06:41:46 PM »
Your knowledge of the human voice is lacking, no wonder your a springsteen fan.  Go take a fucking vocal lesson, then come back when you know a few elementary ideas about how to sing. 

Wrong again. Your pride is hurt so you resort to cheap tactics to try and seem smarter than you are. Springsteen is just as good a singer as Wilson, and Ruffin is ten times better Wilson.

Trauma-san

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2004, 06:59:15 PM »
LOL I looked it up.  Brian's range is 3.2 octaves.  He can hit an E7 note (falsetto).  Most average folks have a range of about 1.2 octaves... and Brian's never had vocal lessons.  If you want an idea of what an E7 sounds like, Mariah Carey hits an E7 (and then moves up to even a G7) @ the end of the her song "Emotions"... yeah, that really high crazy fucking sound in the background. 

Also, Brian somehow doesn't have any transition between his head voice, chest voice, and falsetto voice, which is uncanny, because most people can't switch from head voice to falsetto seamlessly.  Brian can in the same syllable. 

anybody who knows anything about voice knows that this guy is extremely gifted, to say Bruce Springsteen is as good of a singer is a fucking joke. 

David Ruffin is an entirely different style of singing, you can't compare the two. 

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2004, 07:50:45 PM »
LOL I looked it up.  Brian's range is 3.2 octaves.  He can hit an E7 note (falsetto).  Most average folks have a range of about 1.2 octaves... and Brian's never had vocal lessons.  If you want an idea of what an E7 sounds like, Mariah Carey hits an E7 (and then moves up to even a G7) @ the end of the her song "Emotions"... yeah, that really high crazy fucking sound in the background. 

Also, Brian somehow doesn't have any transition between his head voice, chest voice, and falsetto voice, which is uncanny, because most people can't switch from head voice to falsetto seamlessly.  Brian can in the same syllable. 

anybody who knows anything about voice knows that this guy is extremely gifted, to say Bruce Springsteen is as good of a singer is a fucking joke. 

David Ruffin is an entirely different style of singing, you can't compare the two. 

The problem is that when Wilson isn't singing in falsetto he sucks. Compare his normal singing voice to Bruce's. Listen to Bruce on We Are The World (probablyt the only time you've heard him, outside of Born In The USA or Dancing in the Dark). Wilson has never and could never bring that much soul and emotion to a song. Keep in mind that falsetto means artificial. Springsteen's all real. Now if Wilson could sing any other style with any kind of talent then fine, but he can't. Like I said I don't like falsetto. I can stand it with the Barry Gibb, but that's it. Valli sings much better when he sings in his real voice.

You didn't say Mariah had a falsetto did you?