Author Topic: Phil Jackson looks like he's coming back to the Lake Show...  (Read 907 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Phil Jackson looks like he's coming back to the Lake Show...
« on: April 26, 2005, 12:18:49 AM »
Phil Jackson, who coached the Los Angeles Lakers from 1999-2004 and earned three championship rings in the process, is scheduled to meet with Kobe Bryant in Los Angeles later this week.

The meeting could be seen as a step to Jackson possibly returning to coach the Lakers.

After all, in 2004, Jackson wrote a tell-all book called "The Last Season" about the 2003-04 season in which he characterized Bryant as being difficult to coach. In the book, Jackson wrote that he asked Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak to trade Bryant.

Jackson has already spoken to team owner Jerry Buss and plans to speak with him again soon.

If Buss were to re-hire Jackson, Buss would likely do so only after a new NBA collective bargaining agreement with the players' association is reached. The current CBA expires in July.

The thinking is that if there is some sort of work stoppage this summer that could potentially last for months, the Lakers would not wish to be on the hook to have to pay Jackson during the time he is not actually coaching. Jackson is believed to be seeking an annual contract of around $10 million per season -- well in excess of his previous deal with the Lakers which was for $30 million over five seasons.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2046257

Looks like the Laker orginization is already taking steps towards improvement...PeACe

acbaylove

Re: Phil Jackson looks like he's coming back to the Lake Show...
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2005, 03:04:57 AM »
Thank God!

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2005, 05:05:11 AM »
It's his drug, so what can you do.. Hope he doesnt ruin his legacy like Jordan did. One less excuse for Lakers next year, sounds good to me. Get your shit together guys.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

ShadyGuru

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2005, 07:20:58 AM »
Be interesting to see how he does, the lakers certainly don't have the talent they used to

lbc213

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2005, 08:34:40 AM »
It's his drug, so what can you do.. Hope he doesnt ruin his legacy like Jordan did. One less excuse for Lakers next year, sounds good to me. Get your shit together guys.

Jordan didn't ruin his legacy man. Anyway, good move from the Lakers.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2005, 11:34:33 AM »

Not exactly ruined but instead of people remembering him for that last shot vs the Jazz...people are remembering him for his solid attempt at a comeback with the Wizards.  I would have preferred to finish with that last shot vs the JAzz

acbaylove

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2005, 11:45:28 AM »

Not exactly ruined but instead of people remembering him for that last shot vs the Jazz...people are remembering him for his solid attempt at a comeback with the Wizards.  I would have preferred to finish with that last shot vs the JAzz

Me too. But he remains the 2nd best player ever. :)

ecrazy

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2005, 02:09:02 PM »
This is just my thinking, but i think Phil Jackson's Lady gots Phil So Damn Pussy Whipped that he is actually thinking of going back to LA, just Cuz that is his Ladie's Dads Team.....Thats some powerful pussy if u ask me...I would not go back to a team that basically fired me

lbc213

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2005, 02:15:34 PM »
This is just my thinking, but i think Phil Jackson's Lady gots Phil So Damn Pussy Whipped that he is actually thinking of going back to LA, just Cuz that is his Ladie's Dads Team.....Thats some powerful pussy if u ask me...I would not go back to a team that basically fired me

LMAO, who knows  ;D

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2005, 02:24:46 PM »

Nobody fired him, they just didn't give him the extension he wanted...He left on good terms and wanted some time off anyways...It's not like he had anything against the Lakers like the immature Shaq did... Phil actually praised the Lakers and predicted that they could be a 50+ win team...Unfortunately, Lakers never got their shit together and subsided quickly when Rudy-T left...Lakers will be at least 6th in the West next year if they get their shit together...PeACe

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2005, 02:30:28 PM »

lol I gotta know....whos the best player ever?

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2005, 02:32:06 PM »
i don't know why Phil would want to return to coach a selfish player like Kobe Bryant once again.

Jordan didn't ruin his legacy, what made him the greatest was when he was with the Bulls not the Wizards.  It's like with Pac do you think his legacy is ruined because of Loyal To the Game????  No, his legacy was built on records before that.
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?

Da WCC Hopar!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love to see her walk off!

acbaylove

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2005, 02:50:36 PM »

Magic.

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2005, 02:57:38 PM »

Magic.

Magic???  you got a better chance of winning an argument by saying Wilt Chamberlain or Bill Russell.  Jordan is the Greatest closely followed by Wilt then Bill.  Magic is top 10 material but not top 5 nor the greatest.
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?