Author Topic: Are you guys finally man enough to admit that..............................?  (Read 895 times)

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Are you guys man enough to admit that..............................?
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2005, 04:51:33 PM »
Game bought back the West???

One west coast artist, with an east coast sound, with the best producer in rap, with the biggest rap star in the last 2 years (50 cent), with constant exposure on every music network because of his G-Unit affiliation, sells 2 million records. Wow. The west is really back. Lets see someone with "real" talent make it from the ground up without all the pre-packaged fame. Your arguement is a joke. Game was the one dissing all the big west artists before his album sold. He dissed Xzibit, Daz, etc etc. The west will be back when they start getting new artists without huge affiliations on the charts.

westkoastanostra

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2005, 05:56:44 PM »
i dunno if game brought the west back...cuz to me it seems that the west is slowly making a comeback...so he might of gave the west a push and now we gotta c if jayo,crooked i, and sly boogy's shit sells

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2005, 07:46:34 PM »
Game bought back the West???

are you man enough to admit that the West Coast still aint back?
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

RenaissanceMan

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2005, 10:13:43 PM »
Yeah sure he brought it back...sort of, and now that he has it on his shoulders what does he do?  Embarrasses the entire West by putting a fu**ing butterfly tattoo on his damn face. 

TOOTHBRUSH

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • dpg production
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2005, 10:55:56 PM »
think how easily dre could put the west totally back on top if he made his next album totally west coast he could feature peopele like:

snoop
nate dogg
ice cube
sly boogy
crooked i
the game
bishop lamont
dpg
xzibit
rass kass

and so many more i mean those people write there in a room with dre and those beats the west would take over without a problem
"its tha pimp of tha crew soopafly comin through wit a dick and a couple balls just to name a few"-soopafly

SlickPants

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2005, 10:59:06 PM »
Yeah sure he brought it back...sort of, and now that he has it on his shoulders what does he do?  Embarrasses the entire West by putting a fu**ing butterfly tattoo on his damn face. 

ROTFL!

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2005, 11:10:57 PM »
Love it or hate it but Game/Dre did start the buzz for the Westcoast.Now lets see how hunger we are to get the west back on top.

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2005, 11:29:47 PM »
he gave the west a push ..not more

Cheese

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2005, 12:34:30 AM »
he def did good shit for the west, that's for sure.

epoxy

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2005, 12:38:26 AM »
game brought back the west??? All i see is snoop and game, if thats the "west" than im glad i dont listen to the mainstream.

rafsta

« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2005, 02:16:31 AM »
Game broguht the WC back to MTV...

Don Seer

« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2005, 03:53:54 AM »

what about 'Pimp My Ride' ?

xzibit is all over mtv more than game...

what about 'Doggy Fizzle Televizzle' ? ...

acbaylove

« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2005, 04:14:42 AM »
Man i gotta give Game props for doing what he did. He was a nobody, and he arrived where he is now, being on top of the West Coast with Snoop Dogg and all the other OG's. Even tho' i'm sure it's not him the guy responsable for his own success (it's obvious it's a combination of Kay Slay/Dr.Dre/Interscope/50 Cent/G-Unit), he still did a good album (far from being classic, but still a solid debut one) and he's still on MTV, in the covers, you know.. he's still big. But till the day i'll see real talented rappers from the West Coast (Crooked I, Sly Boogy, Bishop Lamont, Balance, etc..) getting the right recognition from the media, the West will still be dead, commercially speaking. The truth is that 2005 West Coast is the same 2004 West Coast (Dre, Snoop, Pac, Dogg Pound, Xzibit, Suge, Cube, etc..) PLUS Game. Nothing really changed, Game was just good enought/lucky to add himself to the list. The West aint resurrected yet till young cats will not get the same recognition Game had (thanx to Kay Slay/Dr.Dre/Interscope/50 Cent/G-Unit). You know what i mean?

rafsta

« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2005, 04:41:16 AM »

what about 'Pimp My Ride' ?

xzibit is all over mtv more than game...

what about 'Doggy Fizzle Televizzle' ? ...

i meant music wise, im not sayin he brought back the west coz i disagree with it, im sayin he brought another WC artist into MTV...

WestCoasta

« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2005, 04:23:58 PM »
I think the West Coast only cares about the West Coast, the West Coast will never be liked in the sense of "coming back"
Only the people on the West will feel it and love it and that's it, the West ain't ever comin back and I dont really care
As long as I get dope West shit, then we on the West all know that it is back for us, not just to make a scene and look flashy
West Coast rap ain't gotta prove nothin'