Author Topic: PS3 vs X-Box 360 (specs)  (Read 817 times)

Trauma-san

Re: PS3 vs X-Box 360 (specs)
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2005, 01:29:23 PM »

Also, no 'highest power' system has ever won any console war and you can take that to the bank.  Every generation, and there have been about 5 by now, the mid power system wins out (except for the handheld race, where the weakest system, the gameboy, has always won).

its true.. i did think aboutr consoles like 3d0, jaguar and dreamcast.. all powerful failures.

SNES was more powerful than the Genesis and it won that war. It was close for a while but Super won in the end because the Genesis couldn't handle games like the Super could.

The SNES didn't run up directly against the genesis.  The genesis was a step above the original NES, and was out long before the SNES.  The SNES's competition was the superior Sega CD, and the Sega 32x or whatever the hell it's called, both of which failed. 

Thirteen

« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2005, 01:50:50 PM »
microsoft doesn't support both.

HD DVD has been improved to fit 50 Gb on a single disc, they are more durable than blu ray, and the industry will have a easier time making HD DVD's than Blu Rays....

Microsoft said it does not know if it will support Blu-Ray technology from Sony and Philips in Longhorn.

Must be an old or uninformed article, Microsoft support both, Longhorn will be compatible with BluRay.

TDK announced that they have made a 100GB BluRay disc recently.. ante up.  :wavey:

so what must have games does only Play station get that Xbox doesn't?

can't say GTA...

the only ones i can think of are god of war

Ninja Gaiden, Halo, Halo 2, Morrowind, KOTOR 1 and 2, Jade Empire > any PS only game

Gran Turismo, uhh ??
If Sony can get a similar deal with Rockstar to the one they had, GTA will bring a big audience..

go ahead and type in "longhorn Blu Ray" into google, you won't find one article saying that microsoft supports blu ray... i don't know why you think i'm lying about this when i've posted up tons of article saying otherwise, but i guess you're always right jome

let them make a Terabyte disc, their supporters still mean nothing next to the HD DVD supporters

fact is, PS3 will come out, sony and toshiba will make a deal and combine their formats.... future disc players will be compatibile with the ps3's blu discs but it's not gonna work the other way around....that's the bottom line and that's common sense

and Grand Turismo audience never gets bigger, it never draws new people because it's pretty much the same thing over and over again

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2005, 01:52:41 PM »

Also, no 'highest power' system has ever won any console war and you can take that to the bank.  Every generation, and there have been about 5 by now, the mid power system wins out (except for the handheld race, where the weakest system, the gameboy, has always won).

its true.. i did think aboutr consoles like 3d0, jaguar and dreamcast.. all powerful failures.

SNES was more powerful than the Genesis and it won that war. It was close for a while but Super won in the end because the Genesis couldn't handle games like the Super could.

The SNES didn't run up directly against the genesis.  The genesis was a step above the original NES, and was out long before the SNES.  The SNES's competition was the superior Sega CD, and the Sega 32x or whatever the hell it's called, both of which failed. 

The 16-Bit Wars were maybe the most infamous ever in video games. Take a trip down memory lane my friend . Remember the blast processing commercials? It was a very big War. Just because the Genesis came out earlier doesn't mean anything. PSX came out before N64 and they had a war. Sega CD and 32X weren't even full systems. They were add ons for the Genesis. The SNES and Genesis were definately in competition. Why else would 3rd party companies like EA make the exact same games for both?

oglocdogg

• 'G'
  • Liverpool, Scousers stand up
« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2005, 02:10:45 PM »
i wud thin that the ps3 wud be better but xboxs are ok
"The title im holdin is to prestigious you fuck wid me you better be religious cuz only god can save ya wen locdogg blaze ya just like purple hazea i wont just graze ya im goin for da kill gettin so much head you should call me bill