Author Topic: LYRICIST vs AVERGE BITCH/HOE Rapper  (Read 275 times)

VLADA

• Lil Geezy
  • GOLD COAST CITY 4 LIFE
LYRICIST vs AVERGE BITCH/HOE Rapper
« on: June 14, 2002, 10:06:13 PM »
Yo for some reason, i have never really liked rappers who use big ass metaphors and scientific words. You know the ones that drop some shit like

nation, of the speculation lyrical execution, mass distribution of my technique blahblahblah

I have always prefered just dudes who grab the mic drop a funky ass beat and start screaming BIIIIIIIIIITCH. I hate when i see some punk talking about REAL HIP HOP culture, and what a REAL MC is. I'm just like, fool i don't give a fuck. I've been a b-boy for  years now and i'm respect lyricist, but i hate when some of my friends start tryin to define hip hop and critisize simple vocabulary spitters.

What ya think, doesn't that piss you off?

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Liquid-Dogg

Re: LYRICIST vs AVERGE BITCH/HOE Rapper
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2002, 12:57:26 AM »
Perhaps it's because u don't understand what their saying, either stay/go back to school. or keep listenin to pop rap that raps about nothing but hoe's and money....it must be a good listen for peeps like urself....hey at least they use words an 8 year old can understand what?

Hittman

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2002, 01:13:49 AM »
or keep listenin to pop rap that raps about nothing but hoe's and money

Its Not Only Pop Rap That Has Content Like Money & Hoes In Them. Alot Of Talented Artists Rap About That Sorta Shit, For Example Too $hort. Anyway, I Do Prefer A Lyricist Over A Fuck A Bitch Rapper, But If They Tight I Will Listen To Them. The Content Just Makes It More Appealing.  

P Nelson

• 40 illa
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2002, 10:59:20 AM »
Yo for some reason, i have never really liked rappers who use big ass metaphors and scientific words. You know the ones that drop some shit like

nation, of the speculation lyrical execution, mass distribution of my technique blahblahblah

I have always prefered just dudes who grab the mic drop a funky ass beat and start screaming BIIIIIIIIIITCH. I hate when i see some punk talking about REAL HIP HOP culture, and what a REAL MC is. I'm just like, fool i don't give a fuck. I've been a b-boy for  years now and i'm respect lyricist, but i hate when some of my friends start tryin to define hip hop and critisize simple vocabulary spitters.

What ya think, doesn't that piss you off?

lol for real, the only spitters I feel are Ludacriss and Young Assasins

Don Seer

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2002, 11:07:14 AM »
Perhaps it's because u don't understand what their saying, either stay/go back to school. or keep listenin to pop rap that raps about nothing but hoe's and money....it must be a good listen for peeps like urself....hey at least they use words an 8 year old can understand what?

EGO ALERT

i prefer a balance... a decent beat, and a decent flow.... complex lyrics dont mean shit.. i prefer a dope story or something over some lyrical gymnastics.

(obviously complex lyrics mean something themselves.. but if its purely showing off then i dont care for them)

ExZit

• CPG Recordz CEO
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • COMPTONS MOST WANTED
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2002, 11:22:30 AM »
the "fuck a bitch" rap is tight when its be done with humour..

but its can also be funny when u try to be serious with "fuck-a-bicth" rap.. like in (fuck fuck fuck bitch make me rich by DAz  :D)

- - ExZit's top 5 Albums of 2006 - - -

- - ExZit's top 5 Albums of 2005 - - -

Sikotic™

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2002, 11:29:23 AM »
I hate bitch/hoe/pussy rappers cause they are so cliche and their shit gets played out way too quick.

Lyracist, like Ras Kass, etc., give me a reason to go back and listen to what they are saying over and over. Sometimes it will take me months just to figure out the full message of their lyrics so each time I pop in their CD it's somethin new for me.

Plus, they are much more deep than your average "I wanna bust a nut in her mouth" emcee. And that's what I want in my music, emotion.

I love all types of rappers but I prefer the type that got an actual message behind their words, not what they wanna do to some big booty girl.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Don Seer

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2002, 11:32:23 AM »
but who is better?

the rapper that uses big complicated words to get his message across? or one does the same thing but using words the proverbial 'man on the street' can understand and remember?

who is the better teacher?

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2002, 11:34:17 AM »
In my opinion, it don't matter what the lyrics alone say (or don't say), it's the whole package. The beat, lyrics, flow, everything. Like Nuthin' But a G Thang is my favorite track ever, and the lyrics aren't basically sayin' shit. It's only Dre & Snoop boasting, smokin' weed, u know, a party track.  Another cut I like is Poison by Nas. Totally different from G Thang, The lyrics deal with real issues and the beat isn't nearly as hot, but still I got mad love for that track.

S.G.V.

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2002, 02:32:48 PM »
i like a lyricist and i like a fuck a bitch rapper....now when i say lyricist i dont mean the moon and stars motherfuckers...or the people who are trying to teach us shit...i like people with good word play, metaphors and shit...a fuck a bitch rapper is always fun to listen to also....it depends on my mood...one minute i could be listening to c-bo the next im bumping aceyalone....though the content is basically the same about street shit....acey puts effort into his lyrics....c-bo doesnt really.....but fuck it as long as the music is good....thats all that matters

PLANT

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2002, 03:24:39 PM »
whats up Vlada, homie hows it going?

I understand what you mean completely man, i mean, theres alot of rappers that seem like they try to hard to rap...i like those mc's that it all comes natural and they can just flow and tell a story, and make you, the listener, understand what they are saying...listen to a canibus cd, the words he uses are real good, but he dont tell you anything or create a picture in your head as to what he's talking about..

VLADA

• Lil Geezy
  • GOLD COAST CITY 4 LIFE
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2002, 04:43:31 PM »
Exactly man^

I think some of ya might have misunderstood me though. I was talking about rappers who you can;t listen to without picking up a dictionary. Like man i got all Big L's albums, and he got an awesome style.

But i much much much more prefer when a rapper paints a story through simple words. Something like Slick Rick or Too $hort.

1 Love

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2002, 04:56:21 PM »
I hate bitch/hoe/pussy rappers cause they are so cliche and their shit gets played out way too quick.

Lyracist, like Ras Kass, etc., give me a reason to go back and listen to what they are saying over and over. Sometimes it will take me months just to figure out the full message of their lyrics so each time I pop in their CD it's somethin new for me.

Plus, they are much more deep than your average "I wanna bust a nut in her mouth" emcee. And that's what I want in my music, emotion.

I love all types of rappers but I prefer the type that got an actual message behind their words, not what they wanna do to some big booty girl.

-{bLaDe}
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...

DJ_Jay_Deee

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2002, 05:24:40 PM »
I would rather listen to lyricist rappers like Ras Kass, Chino XL, Planet Asia etc. Their hip hop is way better. It actually got a good meaning and lyrics, rather than i fuck a hoe and smoke a blunt. They have a lot better message in their rap like what Dogg Jones said.

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2002, 07:28:45 PM »
i choose a lyracist any day.  That fuck a bitch stuff is alright when done occasionally or done real unique ( like girls, girls, girls).  But when how albums r based around tha same content of bitches,  money an cars.  Thats sad