Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 301500 times)

wcsoldier

Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #3150 on: December 29, 2006, 01:37:48 AM »
Here's is the answer why Turiaf doesn't play more

Turiaf's Hips an Issue

The Lakers like what Ronny Turiaf brings and how he seems to be productive whenever he gets the opportunity.

But Turiaf doesn't get to play on a regular basis, and the reason is twofold.

He is behind centers Kwame Brown and Andrew Bynum as the third-string center. He is behind Lamar Odom, Brian Cook and Vladimir Radmanovic at power forward.

But another reason Turiaf's minutes are so sporadic is because he has problems with his hips when he plays too much.

"Some of it is minutes," Jackson said. "He was hurting (Tuesday in practice) from what he did (Monday against Miami), so we look at that and say what is the activity level if he was a day-in and day-out player. We'll have to measure that at the end of the season as to what can possibly be done."

Turiaf didn't play Wednesday night against the Magic, and it is becoming difficult to gauge how to play him.

"If he has a lot of running in practice or a lot of ... minutes in a game, he's probably going to be a little bit stiff the next day," Jackson said
http://www.pe.com/sports/basketball/lakers/stories/PE_Sports_Local_D_lakers_notes_28.3a3fbb6.html

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3151 on: December 29, 2006, 05:21:40 AM »
Like i said Phil is not stupid. Poor Ronny. But hey, it's already a miracle he's playing!! I praied for him, thank God he's safe and happy.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #3152 on: December 29, 2006, 10:35:37 AM »
^^Yea, pretty much what I though...We got Charlotte tonight (FUCKING TAPE DELAYED AGAIN!! >:()

wcsoldier

« Reply #3153 on: December 29, 2006, 10:40:23 AM »
^^ I hope we'll come focus and play hard in this game, we better take this game seriously coz the Bobcats have beaten some good teams at home..

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #3154 on: December 29, 2006, 10:42:53 AM »
Yea, and Gerald Wallace has been going off lately...If we can contain him, we have a really good shot at this game.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #3155 on: December 29, 2006, 01:27:58 PM »
Lamar Odom update...kinda

Still Without Odom

Jackson said Odom, who is recovering from a moderate medial collateral sprain in his right knee, will return some time in mid-January.

Odom missed his eighth straight game.

Jackson said he is not worried about the burden his team has with Odom out.

"We kind of like it, to see if someone can develop in this process while Lamar is out," Jackson said. "If we can get a player to step up on his game, that would be really helpful."

link: http://www.pe.com/sports/basketball/lakers/stories/PE_Sports_Local_D_lakers_notes_28.3a3fbb6.html
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3156 on: December 29, 2006, 06:58:13 PM »
damn games in double OT!!

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #3157 on: December 29, 2006, 07:15:06 PM »
^triple-ot. i need the lakers to end this shiet so i can go.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #3158 on: December 29, 2006, 07:36:20 PM »
Wow Kobe fouls out again? When is the last time any other superstar has fouled out? Especially in an intense game like this?

That ruins my mood. I'm out.

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3159 on: December 29, 2006, 07:42:13 PM »
yea i wanna see the highlights from the game

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

ecrazy

« Reply #3160 on: December 29, 2006, 08:14:28 PM »
DAMN U BASTARDS! ITS ON TAPE DELAY OVER HERE AND U GUYS JUST RUINED IT FOR ME!!!!

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #3161 on: December 30, 2006, 01:31:54 AM »
"It's sad that you've got to say we won or lost a game over a fumble," said Brown, who left the arena with his hand in ice. "The second pass wasn't even catchable."

"We're going to feed him some Butterfingers on the flight home just so he can feel the effects of it," Lakers coach Phil Jackson said. "There was certainly some disappointment in the ability or non-ability of Kwame to complete plays that we thought were big plays for us."

The Lakers wanted Brown to jump the screen-and-roll play, but he hedged too often and Felton got free of Parker and was able to find Okafor repeatedly for dunks and layups.

Brown calls the Lakers the "worst screen-and-roll defensive team in the league."

"What has to change is guys got to start giving up themselves and rotating over," Brown said. "Stop making excuses. When you can just pull the big guy out of the paint and get the big man a layup that's setting the screen, that's not right. Something is not right. I don't know what it is and I'm not a coach."

His teammates, however, don't sound forgiving.

"You dog him a little bit," Bryant said. "You let him know. You ride him a little bit, but he's a key part of this team and he knows that we know that and he'll bounce back."

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3162 on: December 30, 2006, 02:57:20 AM »

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3163 on: December 30, 2006, 03:06:58 AM »
VERY VERY VERY disappointing.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!