Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 303687 times)

Tha G In Deee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • If it don't make dollaz, it don't make sense.
Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #5505 on: November 25, 2007, 09:24:45 PM »
All I can do is '........' after that ending. Lakers need to regroup quick & work the wrinkles out of their mistakes they've done the past 3 games for Tuesday.

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5506 on: November 25, 2007, 09:28:15 PM »
Radmonovich is a piece of shit....
word, what a frustrating loss

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5507 on: November 25, 2007, 09:34:05 PM »
I missed the last 2 games and only saw the 4th quarter of today's game.

Has Trevor Ariza played at all? How is his defense?
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #5508 on: November 25, 2007, 10:14:06 PM »
Has Trevor Ariza played at all? How is his defense?

He played for the first time tonight. Vince knocked down 2 jumpers on him in the 4th but I wouldn't worry about that. I'm surprised Phil played him that late in the game.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2007, 10:16:43 PM by GangstaBoogy »
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5509 on: November 25, 2007, 11:13:43 PM »
I'm already missing Mo Evans' spark off of the bench.... but I'll give the new guy a chance. I'm sure he will do good. 
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #5510 on: November 25, 2007, 11:16:13 PM »
We had it then we choked it away. Then we came back and gave it right back to them. I'm gonna go listen to Joe Budden's "Where Did It Go Wrong"

ps: What the fuck is Phil Jackson thinking?! You want a guy who didn't make a single field goal to go for the game winner? I guess he didn't learn from last year when he tried the same thing with Odom and Parker.
The play was obviously for Kobe, but he was double teamed.

In some ways a lose like this is worse then being blown out. It's just so dishearting. Would have been the best game of the season if the Lakers won.

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5511 on: November 25, 2007, 11:18:36 PM »
Too bad they couldn't get Fish to have that shot... He was the hottest shooter all night until Kobe's late surge..

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5512 on: November 26, 2007, 09:28:30 AM »
LOL@any Laker fan who doesn't realize Kwame's impact on the game.

wcsoldier

« Reply #5513 on: November 26, 2007, 10:32:22 AM »
1)  it took 3 fucking possessions to understand Jefferson will abuse EVERY SINGLE time Sasha with ease on the offensive end ...

2) this last possession was horrible , the guys should been one behind other (same position when Kobe got fouled and misssed one FT) .. why the fuck Kobe was in the corner where he had no chance to receive the ball ... without mentioning Vlad should have give the ball right back to Fish after the inbound pass

3) we aren't gonna do better than a 6 or 7th seed if we still losing these kind of games , especially at home but hey it's just the 25th game like this we have lost the latest 3 seasons ... basically games you can't lost ... we may have the weakest execution in the league on a last possession whereas we have the best finisher in the game .. but I think that's the reason , Phil and the team think they just have to throw the ball in Kobe hands and we"ll be fine .. but this game proved once again we just don't have another option and don't even think about it .. poor job Phil

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5514 on: November 26, 2007, 10:54:59 AM »
Again...Odom attempts under 8 field goals for the 4th time this season!! He attempted under 8 field goals only 3 times for the 06-07 season.

Lakers' Odom seeking solution

Article Last Updated: 11/25/2007 10:38:12 PM PST
By Elliott Teaford
Staff Writer

Lamar Odom's soul searching continued before the Lakers faced the New Jersey Nets on Sunday night at Staples Center. He had struggled to find his comfort zone during the Lakers' three-game trip to Indiana, Milwaukee and Boston.

Most of his troubles stemmed from a lack of confidence, he said.

Regaining his confidence was his top priority against the Nets.

"I'll eat glass if it helps me play better," he said.

Odom scored 10 points in the Lakers' win over Indiana, then had eight in a loss against Milwaukee and four in a defeat to Boston.

He shot eight free throws against the Pacers, four against the Bucks and none against the Celtics.

"I'm trying to find a way to get to the free-throw line, and take care of the ball," Odom said. "Of course it's mental. You're feeling confident and you shoot the ball backwards and you think it's going to go in. When you're not, you tend to second-guess yourself. The worst thing for an athlete to do is second-guess himself."

The Lakers have expressed concern about Odom, who sat out the season's first four games because he was slow to recover from offseason left shoulder surgery.

He scored 10 or more points in his first four games, including a 25-point performance (plus 15 rebounds) in the Lakers' win over the Detroit Pistons on Nov. 16.

Coach Phil Jackson said he was "concerned" about Odom because he's "out of sync."

Kobe Bryant said he's spoken to Odom about not getting too down on himself.

"He always talks to me, during the games, especially," Odom said of Bryant. "You still have to take what's said to your mind, your heart and your game. The road trip was horrible for me. I just haven't been able to get into a consistent rhythm."

Odom declined to make excuses for his poor play.

"I wouldn't blame it on anything because switching positions on the floor is my strength," he said. "I can admit to playing bad. I've just got to take it game to game. Watch films, study, work out. Do a mixture of things to get my groove back.

"I've been unlike myself. What game was it, the Milwaukee game? I was wide open. They played off me. Go to the hole, jump in the air and make passes. I've always felt confident. Second-guessing myself is really embarrassing."

Jackson promised to think about his contract status beyond this season while on the Lakers' flight home Saturday from Boston. His three-year, $30 million contract ends after this season, but there has been a multi-year extension on the table since the summer.

"I thought about it," Jackson said. "I'm not willing to state my position. I feel like I probably should start talking to (Lakers owner) Dr. (Jerry) Buss."

Ariza update

Trevor Ariza made his Lakers debut Sunday night, entering the game midway through the second quarter and hitting his first jump shot.

Lack of practice time had kept Ariza on the bench after the Lakers acquired him last Tuesday from the Orlando Magic for Brian Cook and Maurice Evans.

Jackson called it "an impossible" situation.

"He hasn't been through a scrimmage or a practice yet," Jackson said.

When Odom is playing at full strength and Kwame is anchoring the low-post defense, we're unstoppable...Otherwise, we're an average team. I can't wait for Odom to get back in shape and Ariza to get familiar with the offense.

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5515 on: November 27, 2007, 06:24:18 PM »
We've got to beat the Sonics tonight...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5516 on: November 27, 2007, 06:36:29 PM »
I will be extremely shocked if we lose this game...

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5517 on: November 27, 2007, 11:44:55 PM »
The first half worried me... but I was glad to see those mothafuckas take over in the 2nd half. Durant is a hell of a player though...

wcsoldier

« Reply #5518 on: November 28, 2007, 11:11:45 AM »
Kwame may be back next week ... can't wait coz Mihm is just horrible .. well he's still recovering from his injury but even a blind man would see how different the team looks weaker when Mihm is on the court instead of Andrew

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5519 on: November 28, 2007, 01:06:24 PM »
Yes, Mihm is currently WAY TOO soft and is unquestionably not himself. He's only getting minutes because Kwame's out. Can't wait until he returns so we don't have to settle for this shit anymore...PeACe