Author Topic: Is Ice T from Compton/LA or Jersey?  (Read 838 times)

LAZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Is Ice T from Compton/LA or Jersey?
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2005, 12:38:12 PM »
one of the first lines he says on Rhyme Pays is that hes from NJ.. in the song thats how im livin he says he was born in NJ and then he moved to compton n all that

but i think Ice is tite, got sum tite songs.. his best cd is OG

makaveli11

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2005, 02:50:19 PM »
Uh.. Ice-T was a hoover crip... he shouts out B+C's.. a whole bunch of sets in the song "Gotta lotta love" about the gang truce

Actually, he wasn't.  When he was in high school, he had a girlfriend who was a Hoover Criplet, and that's where that rumor comes from.

T himself has never banged for any turf, no matter what anyone tells you.  He may have been a pimp and a small-time crook for several years, but that doesn't mean he ever repped any hood.  I remember a few years ago, when the message board from his old Coroner Records site was still online, somebody asked what set he claimed, and T himself posted and said that he has respect and affiliations with lots of cliques, both blue and red (which is what a lot of rappers will say if you confront them about their gang backgrounds).  Also, Yo, MTV Raps! used to show footage of him hanging with cats from various hoods that are rivals (Rollin' 60 and Eight-Tre, Grape Street and PJ Watts, etc.) during the filming of his videos.
^Damn Ice T had mad respect from the streets.
Picture Perfection Pursuin Paper with a Passion

Shawn Nutt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2005, 03:58:59 PM »
I like Midnight (OG) better than 6 In Tha Mornin (Rhyme Pays). Probably cause of the grimy beat. 8)

RECOGNIZE187

« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2005, 04:03:01 PM »
listen to tha song OG original gangsta... he explains it...
ice-t was the hardest! real hardcore hip hop

lol (i mean it's just sad) what happened with Afrika Islam!

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2005, 04:50:58 PM »
nobody remembers the line "born in new jersey but raised in l.a."
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Crown

• 'G'
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2005, 05:26:17 PM »
Ice T is one of the West Coast Pioneers in hip hop. He was straight up spiitin' when Uncles Jams Army & The Wreckin Cru was singing on records and rockin sequence and shit.
WE DON'T TALK TO POLICE!

ChinBo37

• 'G'
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2005, 05:44:09 PM »
who remember Pharell on Power106 bout 2-3 years ago talkin about how he is trying to get cats to start rappin like T over some neptunes beats.

Pharrell laid down a classic IceT beat (fuck i cant remember which one) and Big Boy flowed T's verse after it. It sounded so dope cause Pharrell added some Neptunes Bling on the beat. After he said he is trying to get someone to rap like that on one of his beats and no one will do it.

Eihtball

« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2005, 08:49:20 PM »
^Damn Ice T had mad respect from the streets.

It don't mean he was a Rip Ryder, tho.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2005, 12:04:23 AM »
Ice T was a Harlem Crip Rollin 30s. He never put in actual work for the set, but he was affiliated always.
C Loc Simpsons book mentions this, cuz T wrote the intro. He talks about being blued up and shit.
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

The Predator

« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2005, 03:34:11 AM »
Anyone got the remixes to Home Invasion songs? I see the video to 'Gangsta style' remix that was dope as fuck.

For anyone of you that aint heard of Ice T this is how i see his career form the early 80's to now.

Ice T moved to South Central when he was younger, he used to walk to Crenshaw High what he used he said they used to call fort Crenshaw  with all the high fences, gun scanners etc...
He never used to drink (only lately) or smoke he would steal weed and sell it to his freinds, he did a stint in the army but hated that shit.
He was pimpin and one time was broke and sleepin in a car.
He hanged out with mainly Crip sets, when he be walkin home from school some of his homiez pulled up and offerd him a lift he was like what you up to? they like we going to pull one (drive by) he's was smart and be like let me out.
He used to started rappin to a jukebox in a SC barber shop. He got his 'break' in the breakdance movie. He admitted that he couldnt really rap at the time, the kids couldnt really break but all the NY niggas who could MC n Break wanted lots of money, kids in LA done it for harly any money all they really had was the gang shit.
He was always for unity in South Central and once was wearing red n blue colors at a gigg the local crips got mad and he had to dash from stage, he was running whilst laughing with the local crips in hot pursuit.
He dropped that classic eerie anthem for the gangs of LA 'colors' for the colors flick.
He had a battle of sorts with LL Cool J who he was going to have a fight with at Flava flavs birthday party.
He put out other early westcaost dopeneness like '6 in the morning'.
His 'Power' album was a ill reflective balance of crime/street life inspired by Iceberg Slim styled storys who was his favourite author and where he got his name from. He also met his ex-long time woman Darlene who's posing on the front n back cover and poster edition in a white bikini, hot body and a shotgun! One of those classic hip hop pictures.
'Iceberg Slim Freedom Of speech' was one of those dope records with tracks like 'hunted child' 'peel thier caps back'...he dropped a cool video film based on this album with giggs, tours, videos of songs, darlene dancing, driving about in South Central, hip hop scene of the late 80's...dope shit.
Then came the classic 'O.G' album he flowed like a OG narrator spitting about south Central tales. A dark album with powerfull songs like 'midnight' the ultimate overnight south central gang story with sound effects galore and 'prison tales' like 'The Tower'.
'Home Invasion' had a one or two dope songs but he wasnt focused coz of all that shit with his South central Rock group 'Body count' 'cop killer' drama. Charlton Heston, THe po-po, the politicians, christain groups were on his case hard. Feds parked outside his house, his record deal with warner records and fim deals like new jack city 2 at the time all dropped.
His homiez were coming up to him and saying the pigs are outta control they just pulling people out of thier cars by thier hair n shit so Ice did the 'cop killer'. The pigs were always talking shit to his homeboys like what 'who Ice gonna call when he got report a burglary' they would reply like 'the only time we will call you is to pick up one of ya dead boys if hes caught snooping at ice's mansion'. The feds would pull his young daughter out of school and ask her stupid shit like does daddy abuse you, does he do drugs...! They was hating!
On one tv proggrame Ice displayed a fine collection of sub machine guns and what look like a missile launcher pointing at the local cop station.
He used to be asked why his house so elegantly nice with shark tanks etc..he said when he used to go out robbing he knew enough about how rich folks lived to get an idea of how to build a nice home. lol
He been in a couple of good films but a lot of wack ones too.
His rappin has changed since 'O.G' and he dont flow like he used to for what ever reason, his lp's aint nothing super anymore but if he wanted to he could enlist everyone for a big album from the likes of Dre, Eminem, Kool Keith and countless others...coz they all respect him. This is stated by rappers themselves.
He could if he got the hunger drop one more bad ass album.
Evertime he's in a tv interview and talking about hip hop he comes across smart n sharp.

Whoever that person was dissing Ice from 'the assistant' or whatever can shut up.

Ice has paid his dues especially to LA hip hop.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2005, 03:47:03 AM by The Predator »

hempside

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2005, 04:21:31 AM »
Uh.. Ice-T was a hoover crip... he shouts out B+C's.. a whole bunch of sets in the song "Gotta lotta love" about the gang truce

Was he? if so, then my bad.
heyheyhey smoke weed everyday.

hempside

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2005, 04:24:19 AM »

Actually, he wasn't.  When he was in high school, he had a girlfriend who was a Hoover Criplet, and that's where that rumor comes from.

T himself has never banged for any turf, no matter what anyone tells you.  He may have been a pimp and a small-time crook for several years, but that doesn't mean he ever repped any hood.  I remember a few years ago, when the message board from his old Coroner Records site was still online, somebody asked what set he claimed, and T himself posted and said that he has respect and affiliations with lots of cliques, both blue and red (which is what a lot of rappers will say if you confront them about their gang backgrounds).  Also, Yo, MTV Raps! used to show footage of him hanging with cats from various hoods that are rivals (Rollin' 60 and Eight-Tre, Grape Street and PJ Watts, etc.) during the filming of his videos.
Good info homie.............yeah Ice has always been about his pimping.

hempside

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2005, 04:28:45 AM »
Ice T was a Harlem Crip Rollin 30s. He never put in actual work for the set, but he was affiliated always.
C Loc Simpsons book mentions this, cuz T wrote the intro. He talks about being blued up and shit.

You niggaz need to make up your mind.

DJDIRTY

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2005, 03:46:59 PM »
Gawd damn Ice T has always been FAKE AZ FUCK in my eyes.

man you done heard the war stories before and it's still on......

scooby

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2005, 05:46:43 AM »
Well put predator!