Author Topic: Ice Cube Wants The Last Laugh With Independent LP Featuring Lil Jon, Snoop  (Read 1661 times)

Nima - Dubcnn.com

Sounds like Cube is real focused... The guests sounds cool, I'm sure the Juvenile collabo will be dope, I don't know about the Juelz one, we'll see. I wanna see Bun B and WC on the album, maybe Nate/Butch for a hook, but not too many guests

Plumma25

• 'G'
Its exciting to hear the album is coming, but I really hope the album is not all Lil Jon, Swizz Beatz and Scott Storch tracks.  Hopefully Dre will contribute and also Battlecat and other westcoast heads.  I'll keep my fingers crossed, but Cube rarely disappoints.
if you're girl has a leak tell her 2 call tha mothafuckin' Plumma named Pete, thats me.

sniperuk

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Young'Un
His comment about going platinum is so true.  Who gives a fuck if you sold 3 million albums, especially if you're only seeing pennies on the dollar from it.  Record sales don't mean shit.  If you're independant, you can sell 100,000 and make as much or more as some of these artists on a major pushin platinum.  

Yeah, like Tha Eastsidaz...their first album went Platinum and the second one went Gold, and all Tray Deee and Goldie Loc received were Dogghouse chains and $40,000 cash.

I'm willing to bet that most of the wealthiest thugs in the game right now are the independent cats selling a tenth what these mainstream rappers are selling.  Especially in the bay...look how well E-40 and JT have done all by themselves, even though they've been on major labels at different times.
the eastsidaz were screwed over by snoop tho, snoop pocketed their money and gave them the scraps, tvt = independent label too.

KURUPTION-81

June 6th too far awy

Guests good except for Juelez

Independant, great move.

Too tired to type more !

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Larrabee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Good for Cube. He's the one calling the shots, the way it should be. Looking forward to the new album.

$do11a biLL$

I doubt a track with Juelz Santana and Ice Cube would even make the album. That track would sound pretty fucked up because they have way different styles of rapping.

SGV

One of the South's hottest emcees and one of the illest from NY on Cube's album... NICE! Finally, an old Rapper with sense.

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
Sounds good. The production looks promising apart from Lil Jon (I'll never like his sound). Too bad that Young Tre won't have a beat on there...he always cooks up some bangers.

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
Juve and Santana from Dipshit on the album?

sounds like a dope album but he needs to get this guest list right
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

The Predator

I remember Cube saying around the time of 'Lethal Injection' if he never sells a million copies per album he would just stop.

I think his last solo went gold but im glad he still aint quittin.

Cube usually masters the sound of the time in his own manner for his lp's.

If you look at the list of producers he's worked from say QDIII to Madness4Real to Sir Jinx to DJ Pooh to Bomb Squad etc..he always seems to hook up with producers when they top of thier game or put out some of thier best joints for him to flow on.

Lil Jon, Swizz Beats, Neptunes are the producers mentioned so far but im sure Cube is more then aware of producers on top of thier game right now doing the rounds like Cool N Dre, Just Blaze, Scott Storch (mentioned!) and so on.

Dont know if he will part with his own cash for a Dre beat or two, thats the producer we all want to hear him work with but fuck it we all know Cube can drop classics when he gets in to his vibe.

June release? No films untill lp finished?

Taking his time and perfectin his lp, sounds dope.

He might not ever go platinum again even if he was on major label again but i think he's gonna prove a point when his next lp drops.

''Gi-Gi Gi-Gi Ga-Ga
They call me Da-Da
6 million ways to murder
choose one
Lose one soul
Bodies turn cold
Natural fright from niggaz goin bump in the night

Should I peely
Should I kill her in my iller
Then a Natural Born Killa''

Wessia4LiaNia Chieee Chieee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'M Mo' Than a God I'M a Warrior
Shiitt, this is BIG, maybe Dre would call him and say "Cube I miss you nigga ! come'on and bring some beer withcha"
Cube is the father of this gangsta shit, and he never thought he has a bunch of bastard kids        KILL'EM KILL'EM and bring that real shit worldwide !!!
Lyrical Swords 4 Lia

ExZit

• CPG Recordz CEO
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • COMPTONS MOST WANTED
Yea, this will be dope! i just hope that he can get MAJOR exposure when he isnt on a major label..
- - ExZit's top 5 Albums of 2006 - - -

- - ExZit's top 5 Albums of 2005 - - -

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
cube better come strong on this!

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
That's real cool that he's going independent on this one, but with those guest & producers this'll be either a straight up hit or a miss.

No arguing the fact that Cube has been coming off dope on his recent tracks though. Considering that, things are looking good, but I just don't know with those collabos...

And Dre needs to holla at the man, never too many Cube/Dre tracks out there.

Đřšďĺ

• Muthafuckin' Don!
One of the South's hottest emcees and one of the illest from NY on Cube's album... NICE! Finally, an old Rapper with sense.

juelz is wack man.