Author Topic: Nash to win second straight MVP according to several sources.  (Read 570 times)

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Nash to win second straight MVP according to several sources.
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2006, 01:43:27 PM »
This season, Nash had career-highs in points (18.8 points per game), rebounds (4.2 per game), field goal percentage (51.2 percent) and free throw percentage (92.1 percent -- best in the league). He was also the league-leader in assists (10.5) and shot nearly 50 percent from three-point range.

sounds justified to me

Tony Parker >> Steve Nash

chill out over there.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2006, 02:29:55 PM »
If Marion doesn't play and Nash does, we get the same result. 

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2006, 03:18:16 PM »
it should be kobe, i'd be saying this even if kobe was playing for the clippers, and speaking of the clippers i have elton brand as my second choice and then nowitzki then nash then wade then billips

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2006, 03:24:19 PM »
it should be kobe, i'd be saying this even if kobe was playing for the clippers, and speaking of the clippers i have elton brand as my second choice and then nowitzki then nash then wade then billips

no lebron?!

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2006, 03:25:50 PM »
BTW, I duno how people can say Marion is more valuble player....Look at the record when Nash is out of the lineup....Hes runs that shit in Pheonix no doubt....Nash is the reason they won all those games without Amare...He makes players like Marion, Diaw and those guys THAT much better cuz hes a true point guard.  He thinks pass first, shoot second.  But when he does shoot, hes deadly, and accurate.  He gets his teamates the ball in the right situations so he makes it easier for his teamates to score.  IMO Nash is the definition of a "true" pointguard.

LMFAO! I'm ridiculous?!...Nash is the definition of a "true" point guard? LOLLL. Nash is the definition of an offensive-oriented point guard, with no physical or athletic ability, who relies on his good passing and shooting in a defenseless run-n-gun system. He's good, no doubt...But far from MVP, and Tony Parker is better...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2006, 03:26:47 PM »

Our top 3 is the same...I dunno about Billups and Nash though.

1.Kobe
2.Brand
3.Dirk

That's how it SHOULD be...PeACe

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2006, 03:50:15 PM »
I thought Kobe should have gotten it but Nash was my second choice. He's the epitome of a team player and he's had a spectacular season.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2006, 03:53:31 PM »

Our top 3 is the same...I dunno about Billups and Nash though.

1.Kobe
2.Brand
3.Dirk

That's how it SHOULD be...PeACe

i just voted out of who were the popular nominees

i forgot to put lebron in there but i guess i'd put him at like 4 or 5 though

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2006, 04:43:36 PM »
Nash over Kobe for MVP? What a joke
DIME Magazine / Dime Magazine

Word leaked Wednesday morning that Steve Nash will be named this year's MVP. While it won't be officially announced for some time, it looks like it's a done deal. And we think it's absurd.

The fact that Steve Nash is going to win the award isn't the problem. The problem is that Kobe Bryant didn't. Honestly, what more could Kobe have done this season to win the MVP? It's a joke. And what makes the whole thing even more outrageous is that his losing out is clearly personal. To be blunt, he didn't win it because the people with the votes just don't like him. And that's a shame.

Heading into this season, if someone asked you to make a list of what Kobe would have to do in the 2005-06 NBA season to win the MVP, what would you have said? Something like that Kobe would have to show that he's the best player in the NBA and he would have to take that god-awful Lakers team to the playoffs — not an easy thing to do in the Western Conference.

So what did Kobe do? Here are three numbers: 81, 62 and 35.4. The 81-point explosion against the Raptors in January completely eclipsed the fact that he gave the Mavericks 62 in just three quarters a few weeks prior. His 35.4 points per game, easily enough to secure him the league's scoring title, was the eighth-highest single-season scoring average in league history and the most since MJ put up 37.1 points per game back in '87. No. 8 put together two separate streaks this season where he scored 40 or more points in four straight games.

Let's be blunt: Kobe Bryant is clearly the best basketball player in the world.

We've said it so many times: Steve Nash's supporting cast includes Shawn Marion (a guy who should have received some MVP attention) and Boris Diaw (potentially the NBA's Most Improved Player).

But if you substituted any other elite NBA shooting guard for Kobe Bryant and kept that same Lakers supporting cast, L.A.'s season would have been very, very different. Is there any doubt that Los Angeles would have finished with a record that was just as abysmal as that of the Knicks, Raptors or Trail Blazers?

Kobe didn't barely get the Lakers to the playoffs, just scraping out the eighth seed. They finished seventh, were firmly entrenched in the playoff picture for much of the year, and their 45-game win total in the West was more than all but four teams in the Eastern Conference. With complimentary pieces like Chris Mihm, Devean George, Brian Cook and Sasha Vujacic surrounding Kobe, 45 wins in the Western Conference is nothing short of a miracle.

So why no love for Kobe? Like we said earlier, it's strictly personal. There's no other explanation. The writers with the votes just don't like him. They're blurring their feelings about Kobe as a person with how they view him as a basketball player.

We've been hearing all year that Kobe shouldn't win the MVP because he "doesn't make the players around him better." We don't necessarily agree, but if that's what we're basing this on, then by all means, give Steve Nash the "Makes Those Around Him Better Award" and be done with it.

Kobe perfectly fits the two criteria that voters traditionally use when deciding on an MVP: he's the best player in the league and he's invaluable to his team.

Kobe Bryant is the NBA's Most Valuable Player.

It's not even close.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/5542552

PLANT

« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2006, 04:50:42 PM »
NASH IS THE MAN!!!!!!!!![/size]

:-*

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2006, 06:40:37 PM »
sorry laker fans
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2006, 06:44:29 PM »

Word leaked Wednesday morning that Steve Nash will be named this year's MVP. While it won't be officially announced for some time, it looks like it's a done deal. And we think it's absurd.

The fact that Steve Nash is going to win the award isn't the problem. The problem is that Kobe Bryant didn't. Honestly, what more could Kobe have done this season to win the MVP? It's a joke. And what makes the whole thing even more outrageous is that his losing out is clearly personal. To be blunt, he didn't win it because the people with the votes just don't like him. And that's a shame.

Heading into this season, if someone asked you to make a list of what Kobe would have to do in the 2005-06 NBA season to win the MVP, what would you have said? Something like that Kobe would have to show that he's the best player in the NBA and he would have to take that god-awful Lakers team to the playoffs — not an easy thing to do in the Western Conference.

So what did Kobe do? Here are three numbers: 81, 62 and 35.4. The 81-point explosion against the Raptors in January completely eclipsed the fact that he gave the Mavericks 62 in just three quarters a few weeks prior. His 35.4 points per game, easily enough to secure him the league's scoring title, was the eighth-highest single-season scoring average in league history and the most since MJ put up 37.1 points per game back in '87. No. 8 put together two separate streaks this season where he scored 40 or more points in four straight games.

We've said it so many times: Steve Nash's supporting cast includes Shawn Marion (a guy who should have received some MVP attention) and Boris Diaw (potentially the NBA's Most Improved Player).

But if you substituted any other elite NBA shooting guard for Kobe Bryant and kept that same Lakers supporting cast, L.A.'s season would have been very, very different. Is there any doubt that Los Angeles would have finished with a record that was just as abysmal as that of the Knicks, Raptors or Trail Blazers?

Kobe didn't barely get the Lakers to the playoffs, just scraping out the eighth seed. They finished seventh, were firmly entrenched in the playoff picture for much of the year, and their 45-game win total in the West was more than all but four teams in the Eastern Conference. With complimentary pieces like Chris Mihm, Devean George, Brian Cook and Sasha Vujacic surrounding Kobe, 45 wins in the Western Conference is nothing short of a miracle.

So why no love for Kobe? Like we said earlier, it's strictly personal. There's no other explanation. The writers with the votes just don't like him. They're blurring their feelings about Kobe as a person with how they view him as a basketball player.

We've been hearing all year that Kobe shouldn't win the MVP because he "doesn't make the players around him better." We don't necessarily agree, but if that's what we're basing this on, then by all means, give Steve Nash the "Makes Those Around Him Better Award" and be done with it.

Kobe perfectly fits the two criteria that voters traditionally use when deciding on an MVP: he's the best player in the league and he's invaluable to his team.

It's not even close.

^^ kobe kobe k8be k8be

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2006, 06:50:06 PM »

It's not even close.

great read,this is exactly my opinon on it

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24