Author Topic: Busta Rhymes Indicates Dr. Dre May Release Unreleased Music From His Vault!  (Read 969 times)

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
Rap mogul DR. DRE is planning for his retirement with a vault full of unreleased magic, according to pal BUSTA RHYMES. As the world waits for the reclusive producer's delayed DETOX album - his first release for six years - Rhymes reveals the rapper's biggest problem is deciding which tracks to release from his archive. Rhymes admits Dre has a "vault" of impressive rap material dating all the way back to his N.W.A. beginnings that will become his legacy. He says, "Dre got a big safe with a big combination lock. Unbelievable s**t is in that vault - over 20 years of s**t from (late N.W.A. bandmate) EAZY-E and (record label) Death Row days. "He's created so many things he never put out."

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/rhymes%20impressed%20by%20dr%20dres%20vault_1027405

...seems too good to be true.

LMAO...looks like they don't know their recent history. They think "2001" came out in 2001...

Lunatic

Rap mogul DR. DRE is planning for his retirement with a vault full of unreleased magic, according to pal BUSTA RHYMES. As the world waits for the reclusive producer's delayed DETOX album - his first release for six years - Rhymes reveals the rapper's biggest problem is deciding which tracks to release from his archive. Rhymes admits Dre has a "vault" of impressive rap material dating all the way back to his N.W.A. beginnings that will become his legacy. He says, "Dre got a big safe with a big combination lock. Unbelievable s**t is in that vault - over 20 years of s**t from (late N.W.A. bandmate) EAZY-E and (record label) Death Row days. "He's created so many things he never put out."

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/rhymes%20impressed%20by%20dr%20dres%20vault_1027405

LMAO...looks like they don't know their recent history. They think "2001" came out in 2001...

way 2 show us how "credible" these people are, and crushing my hopes of this happening R-Tistic :-X

(married with children style): "Thank R-Tistic, Kids"

"Thanks R-Tistic"!!

:D

nah on the real, props on pointing that out ;)
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Okka

This shit is too good to be true...

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
As I said before, we'll have to wait for Dre to either:

1. pass all his rights, music and business to someone that sells it or
2. die, after which his music is released by some milking moneymaker (Jimmy Iovine, perhaps?)

Even if Dre dies, Jimmy wouldn't have any more rights to sell that stuff than he does now - unless Dre (or whoever he might have sold the rights to) sold the rights to him or appointed them to him in his will. If neither would be true, then Dre's famliy (or whoever Dre might have sold the rights to) would have the control over such issues for the next 70 (or 50*) years. (*I'm not sure how it is in the US, but it is either one of the two, as far as I know with my limited knowledge of copyright laws).

But regarding the topic - I don't see any of that unreleased stuff coming out. I wouldn't be at all surprised if dude DID have a vault for his "lost gems", but even so there's:
a) too much red tape to clear up
b) the fact that Dre doesn't like to focus on the past, instead he likes to look forward.

Most likely stuff like "Dre's secret vaults" would be released after the 70 (or 50) year period after Dre's death, when the material

--Vance--

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You can't spell Dilate without L.A.

lol maybe they mean the "The Wash" Soundtrack

or the other possibility is Game wrote the article

"I woke up in that coma in 2001, bout the same time Dre dropped 2001" lol

GATMAN

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me

people argue two things in defense of Game for this line, not saying I agree, just saying the argument is there:

1)In the big scheme of things...if you can say Dogg Food was released around the same time as the Chronic you can say 2001 is around the same time as 1999.
2)some people say game meant the time of year (november, right? or was it oct?)

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
Since it's so hard to get clearance for samples and all that shit, it'd be nice if Dre just leaked out a bunch of tracks.  Now that would be the shit!

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
looks like a bs article

Active Ingredient

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • wake up in tha mornin with my lucky charms cereal
Since it's so hard to get clearance for samples and all that shit, it'd be nice if Dre just leaked out a bunch of tracks.  Now that would be the shit!

"I keep it gangsta for the kids" -Goldie Loc

--Vance--

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You can't spell Dilate without L.A.

people argue two things in defense of Game for this line, not saying I agree, just saying the argument is there:

1)In the big scheme of things...if you can say Dogg Food was released around the same time as the Chronic you can say 2001 is around the same time as 1999.
2)some people say game meant the time of year (november, right? or was it oct?)

-T

Yeah it's all cool, I was just joking . +1 to you  8)

Chief

Dre is a genius.

he has created so much mystery and anticipation around detox, then he's got a vault full of unreleased shit, that so many rappers have talked about...

the man is a true living legend.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
^agreed

dre wouldn't want to leak because context is very important to him

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

dredayeverydayy

• 'G'
hopefully it happens

Crunkadelic

• Lil Geezy
If Dre's gonna retire after Detox, then he needs to at least hook the fans up with a box set or something.