Author Topic: Can U Werk Wit Dat = LAFFY TAFFY pt. 2....  (Read 915 times)

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Screw Head Lifestylez
Re: Can U Werk Wit Dat = LAFFY TAFFY pt. 2....
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2007, 11:30:57 AM »
well: we had Laffy Taffy, NY had chicken noodle soup, its about time you CA niggas get into the mix.  8)  ;D

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2007, 01:31:02 PM »
well: we had Laffy Taffy, NY had chicken noodle soup, its about time you CA niggas get into the mix.  8)  ;D

3 words

Black Eyed Peas

Al Bundy

« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2007, 01:34:10 PM »

that chicken noodle soup was the dumbest song i've ever heard in my life.

Quadruple OG

« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2007, 02:30:36 PM »
You know DJ Quik sold out, him talking about "snapping music" is nothing but a stolen act now he does the same. he only makes himself act like a hipocrit by making such poppy songs.

It wouldn't be the first time Quik would have contradicted himself.  I remember back in '02 or '03, you could ask him multiple questions about how he feels about Suge Knight, and Quik would give a different answer to each one.

Quadruple OG

« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2007, 02:35:19 PM »

that chicken noodle soup was the dumbest song i've ever heard in my life.

Even though "Can U Werk Wit Dat" is not very good IMO, "Chicken Noodle Soup" is on a whole other level of wackness.  I was going to go to a Wizards/Sixers game in Philly (I forget the date, it was the ESPN game where the owner of the Sixers said AI demanded a trade and they were working on accomodating it), however I found out that "Chicken Noodle Soup" was going to be performed at Half-Time, and opted to head down to DC a night early rather than nearly go blind watching that song be performed at halftime. 

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2007, 03:26:26 PM »
what are you guys talking about west coast this west coast that, QUIK IS A BIG TIME PRODUCER, and on his last album TRAUMA he didnt have any of those WEST COAST BEATS WITH THAT SIGNATURE WEST COAST SWING

THAT G FUNK SHIT IS GETTING TIRING PRODUCERS ALWAYS HAVE TO RE-INVENT THEM SELVES TO STAY CURRENT WITH WHATEVERS HOT AT THE MOMENT U CANT MAKE A SONG IN 2007 AND THE BEAT SOUNDS LIKE IT WAS DONE IN THE CHRONIC DAYS 

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2007, 05:37:16 PM »
Hmmm.........

L.A. people have been on this song, and most haven't even complained about Quik sellin out by doin it. It gets great response in L.A. clubs and people always request it. However....most L.A. people at this point have NO pride in L.A. music, and would rather hear Laffy Taffy pt. 2 than Safe n Sound pt. 2.

If you ask me.....I can't really knock Quik for doing this...however....he NEEDS to realize that this will NOT help him blow up, or get nationwide respect even like he did in 91 when he first dropped. If y'all think about it...how many damm West Coast artists tried to blow up, or re-invent themselves by hookin up with the south and borrowing their producers or sound??? NONE!!!!!!!! Too Short didn't sell out, but did work with Lil Jon and Jazze Pha all over his last album..and it didn't sell much of anything in the south. E-40 sold a decent amount, but even though he worked with Lil Jon as well, they came with something different that didn't sound like Crunk at all, even though everybody insisted that's all it was when it dropped. But comparin "Tell me when to go" with a crunk song like "Get on my level" or "No Problems" shows that they are a LOT different from "Can you werk wit dat" and "Laffy Taffy" which do sound like brother/sister songs.

As for Quik doing something "different," he is, but it's definitely not his own sound as someone said. Herbie Hancock changed his style a lot for the album with "Rock it," and most of his hardcore Jazz fans hated it...but he was doing something a LOT different from the typical pop and 80's music that was out, and changed the game. So if Quik did abandon the funk to try somethin completely different, and it was hot, then we couldn't knock it...even as Timbaland has done by taking the pop formula and puttin his own thing to it. But this song here is nothing but a blatant rip off of every snap song out...and I still bump it and listen to it, but not as a Quik song.

bangin post homie, props

pz....

p.s. i agree,haha

Dopeisjay

« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2007, 09:03:21 PM »
Song is kool.. But Quik & AMG are comin with some Fire!!! Trust.. album will be realy dope.. It's not gonna be all south.. as a matter of fact.. it's gonna be some new style.. Just so excited when it drop's..

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2007, 01:52:08 AM »
what are you guys talking about west coast this west coast that, QUIK IS A BIG TIME PRODUCER, and on his last album TRAUMA he didnt have any of those WEST COAST BEATS WITH THAT SIGNATURE WEST COAST SWING

THAT G FUNK SHIT IS GETTING TIRING PRODUCERS ALWAYS HAVE TO RE-INVENT THEM SELVES TO STAY CURRENT WITH WHATEVERS HOT AT THE MOMENT U CANT MAKE A SONG IN 2007 AND THE BEAT SOUNDS LIKE IT WAS DONE IN THE CHRONIC DAYS 

Trauma definitely had a strong West Coast influence, even though it didn't have the over-typical 90's "West Coast Swing" with claps and Synth basslines....and in a way, you could say he re-invented himself then. But with this song, he's doing a lot worst than just "staying current with what's hot," which is something that trendsetters and legendary producers don't do....they TRANSCEND music, and bring something different, new, or throwback with a new twist, and make that what's hot at the moment. He's basically doin the same as MJ did on his last album, which was imitated those who came after him and imitated his style....but even worst.

Now if he had taken that snap style, or just the drums and tempo...but twisted it on a whole different level, then I would say damn, he is changin things up and doin his own thing with it....and I've heard many producers do that, from Scott Storch to Jazze Pha and even Lil Jon. He's basically just going disco...and those who know about the whole funk and soul vs. disco will know exactly what I mean.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2007, 10:12:06 AM »

Trauma definitely had a strong West Coast influence, even though it didn't have the over-typical 90's "West Coast Swing" with claps and Synth basslines....and in a way, you could say he re-invented himself then. But with this song, he's doing a lot worst than just "staying current with what's hot," which is something that trendsetters and legendary producers don't do....they TRANSCEND music, and bring something different, new, or throwback with a new twist, and make that what's hot at the moment. He's basically doin the same as MJ did on his last album, which was imitated those who came after him and imitated his style....but even worst.

Now if he had taken that snap style, or just the drums and tempo...but twisted it on a whole different level, then I would say damn, he is changin things up and doin his own thing with it....and I've heard many producers do that, from Scott Storch to Jazze Pha and even Lil Jon. He's basically just going disco...and those who know about the whole funk and soul vs. disco will know exactly what I mean.

That shit was straight on point.

« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2007, 10:24:56 AM »
Song is kool.. But Quik & AMG are comin with some Fire!!! Trust.. album will be realy dope.. It's not gonna be all south.. as a matter of fact.. it's gonna be some new style.. Just so excited when it drop's..

its possible but this single is as good of an indication as we got.

Westcoastfanatic

« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2007, 10:45:35 AM »
The song's so corny that youtube removed it.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2007, 10:47:54 AM by Westcoastfanatic »
IS DETOX NEXT? Don't think so.

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2007, 11:34:32 AM »
yo i want to check the video anyone else got a link?

piankeyfan

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2007, 06:31:48 PM »
Quik should not be "Getting signed", he should be signing people with his own lttle label by now.

"Who you callin' nappyheaded ho?"

Quadruple OG

« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2007, 07:32:13 PM »
hete it or love it they just played the song on the new episode of Entourage tonight...then again, Entourage has shown DJ Quik a ridiculous amount of love during the series