Author Topic: Keep It Gangsta - Tha Dogg Pound  (Read 1100 times)

MIAMI4LIFE

Keep It Gangsta - Tha Dogg Pound
« on: June 13, 2007, 03:49:42 PM »
I wasn't feeling the CIA album but this track might be my favorite, Rage killed her verse and Kurupt had his best verse on that whole album IMO, wish the rest of the album could've been as dope

Lunatic

Re: Keep It Gangsta - Tha Dogg Pound
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2007, 03:55:07 PM »
I wasn't feeling the CIA album but this track might be my favorite, Rage killed her verse and Kurupt had his best verse on that whole album IMO, wish the rest of the album could've been as dope

agree. Probably my 3rd fav song on the album behind the title track, and heavyweights. That beat is too smooth 8)
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2007, 10:06:06 PM »
yeah the song is dope as hell....but i like the whole album

WestCoasta

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2007, 01:12:48 AM »
dope beat by Soopafly, Rage killed it too

d-nice

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2007, 06:15:16 AM »
Soopafly's beats were the highlight of that album for me. Rage does this with all her guest appearances= killin it. That song also will blow out speakers in a system.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 06:22:56 AM by D~Nice »

Jungleboy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • From P-Funk to G-Funk
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2007, 06:43:59 AM »
Soopafly's beats were the highlight of that album for me.
true. Throwin Up Da C best track on that album  8) 8) i like the synthesizer.

Quote from: Soopafly DPGC about his hands
I don't live for the man, but I do study him so I can hope my pimp hands one day become as strong as his. When i first started listening to him, my hands were only strong enough to crush a beetle.  Now that i've studied him for 15 years, my hands are strong enough to crush a dog.

MIAMI4LIFE

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2007, 07:18:40 AM »

I wasn't feeling the album at all, I thought there were too many different producers and the album felt like it was all over the place plus Kurupt except for that one verse on Keep it Gangsta was horrible like he didn't even put any effort

OG Snoopaveli

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2007, 07:29:57 AM »

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2007, 09:37:34 AM »
Kurupt an Rage's verses were nice as was soppa beat but i cnat listen to it without thinking of bad intentions.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

MIAMI4LIFE

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2007, 10:14:10 AM »
Who you aimin at nigga, you know I got you
Look me up to find Nosferatu
You'll never get away motherfucker we after ya
I drain MC's, poetical Dracula
I take away your mind body soul and spirit
Vampiric, I mutilate with words and lyrics
I injure with verbs off herbs and spirits
I'm everywhere like germs and spirits
You can hear me everywhere day and night like birds and crickets
I got birds worth 14 tickets
You ain't got no money, no riders, no squad or bitches
Quit bullshittin, you ain't gotta lie to kick it
Rolled up on this nigga like nigga whattup
He said your name ain't Kurupt, nigga your name is Bankrupt
First thing I did was just smirked and laughed
I looked over at Daz and then we whooped his ass
The present is the present and the past is the past
And to stay in the present you should learn this fast
Dogg Pound is forever you should learn this fast
before we flash in a flash, millimeters and macs

Kurupt murdered it, but the rest of the album he was below average especially that Diddy track :-[

d-nice

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2007, 11:02:00 AM »
I could not get into Kurupt's verse on this. It sounded like a bunch of words thrown together that rhyme. I have been spoiled with his DR stuff so he on occasion will kill a verse but his on this just did not do it for me.

MIAMI4LIFE

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2007, 11:18:32 AM »
I could not get into Kurupt's verse on this. It sounded like a bunch of words thrown together that rhyme. I have been spoiled with his DR stuff so he on occasion will kill a verse but his on this just did not do it for me.

I always respect your opinion homey, I try not to judge it against his DR work but his delivery, flow and lyrics on this joint was on point IMO

d-nice

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2007, 11:36:32 AM »

I always respect your opinion homey, I try not to judge it against his DR work but his delivery, flow and lyrics on this joint was on point IMO

Same here. I don't really judge it so much as when he does kill a verse it seems to stick out more to me now. I liked his verse on Throwin Up Da C a little more than this one. I think Snoop and Daz just outshined him on CIA. I bump SDDS more than CIA. he killed What The Fuck with Busta Rhymes though. I always wondered ehy they did not put that song on the album.

MIAMI4LIFE

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2007, 11:46:17 AM »

Same here. I don't really judge it so much as when he does kill a verse it seems to stick out more to me now. I liked his verse on Throwin Up Da C a little more than this one. I think Snoop and Daz just outshined him on CIA. I bump SDDS more than CIA. he killed What The Fuck with Busta Rhymes though. I always wondered ehy they did not put that song on the album.

yeah SDDS I've been bumping alot lately and he had alot of tight verses Gangstas Part 2, Scrape Thru Tha Hood, Yes I'm Quiccer and the production on that album was dope, CIA I can't get into too much because of the different producers and guest spots it was more DPGC than Dogg Pound if that makes sense

d-nice

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2007, 12:16:47 PM »
I thought CIA sounded like a Snoop album. Snoop could have pulled it off but DPG sound best with Daz doing the bulk of the beats and Fred and the usual suspects doing them also. Also too many guests.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 12:22:44 PM by D~Nice »