Author Topic: Bynum>Amare.  (Read 2062 times)

SGV

Re: Bynum>Amare.
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2007, 10:28:27 PM »
Lakers
2006-07 42-40 .512
2005-06 45-37 .549
2004-05 34-48 .415
Overall 121-125 .492

Suns
2006-07 61-21 .744
2005-06 54-28 .659
2004-05 62-20 .756
Overall 177-69 .720

I don't know NIK, I'm looking at how well the Suns have done in the past 3 years in comparison to the Lakers and it's hard to sit here and think you're being rational when you say the Suns suck and that the Lakers are a better team. A better team should be well over .500. In the 2 times that the Lakers have made the Playoffs, the Suns bounced them each time in the 1st round. The Lakers were low on fire power, but they were still better? How so? How were they better? Their regular Season standings sure don't show it nor do they're performances in the Playoffs.

I'm curious as to how you came up with that conclusion. What shows you the Lakers were a better team the past 2 seasons than the Suns?

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2007, 10:43:01 PM »
Lakers
2006-07 42-40 .512
2005-06 45-37 .549
2004-05 34-48 .415
Overall 121-125 .492

Suns
2006-07 61-21 .744
2005-06 54-28 .659
2004-05 62-20 .756
Overall 177-69 .720

I don't know NIK, I'm looking at how well the Suns have done in the past 3 years in comparison to the Lakers and it's hard to sit here and think you're being rational when you say the Suns suck and that the Lakers are a better team. A better team should be well over .500. In the 2 times that the Lakers have made the Playoffs, the Suns bounced them each time in the 1st round. The Lakers were low on fire power, but they were still better? How so? How were they better? Their regular Season standings sure don't show it nor do they're performances in the Playoffs.

I'm curious as to how you came up with that conclusion. What shows you the Lakers were a better team the past 2 seasons than the Suns?

BECAUE KOBE SCORED 83 POINTS THEY GOT TREVOR ARIZA THE DUNK MONSTER AND ANDREW BYNUM OWNS EVERYBODY!!!

lol i got no beef with you Now_i_know im only playing around.
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2007, 10:23:21 AM »
Lakers
2006-07 42-40 .512
2005-06 45-37 .549
2004-05 34-48 .415
Overall 121-125 .492

Suns
2006-07 61-21 .744
2005-06 54-28 .659
2004-05 62-20 .756
Overall 177-69 .720

Actually, the Lakers did outplay Phoenix in the playoffs, especially in '06 when we had the 3-1 lead. We just folded under pressure with Smush as our lead point guard. It was disastrous...Lakers were the better team, they just didn't have the confidence and fire-power that the Suns had... Just like Dallas was a better team than Golden State last year, but Golden State owned them. I don't really need to expose Phoenix. They've already exposed themselves by failing to meet their expectations of reaching the finals....the Suns will always be a regular season success/playoff failure if they don't change their ways...the triangle was built to win rings. It's real basketball. Now that we have all the fire-power we need and aren't playing with an injury plagued team, we'd sweep the Suns in the first round...PeACe

WC Iz Active

« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2007, 11:42:29 AM »
give it a rest NIK. 

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2007, 12:11:15 PM »
give it a rest NIK. 

...says the Sports section biggest groupie.

Don't post if you have nothing to say. :-*

WC Iz Active

« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2007, 12:37:28 PM »
^well fuck man you are saying Bynum is better than Amare haha.  what do you expect me to do, you are the one that made the ridicolous statement.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2007, 12:48:41 PM »
^well fuck man you are saying Bynum is better than Amare haha.  what do you expect me to do, you are the one that made the ridicolous statement.

Post up some arguments...As you can see, I did.

As of now, you just sound like a mad little kid who bases his opinion off of watching sports highlights to me. Yes, Amare is more popular and is recognized as a star. But what is it about his game that makes him better than Bynum? And if he's better, why was Bynum, a real center, able to bitch him around in the last meeting? Elaborate.

WC Iz Active

« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2007, 12:52:30 PM »
I will be the first person to say that Amare is overated,  but fact is it is obsurd to compare Bynum to Amare right now. Amare is a proven all star NIK,  I know Bynum is extremely young so we have to wait but so far he hasnt done anything to warrant someone saying he is as good as bynum let alone D.Howard LOL.  I dont know if I ever see Bynum scoring a whole lot in his career, he is way to one dimensional on the offensive side.  NIK he has a bright future and has potential to maybe be a all star someday and thats a huge maybe.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2007, 01:01:13 PM »
I will be the first person to say that Amare is overated,  but fact is it is obsurd to compare Bynum to Amare right now. Amare is a proven all star NIK,  I know Bynum is extremely young so we have to wait but so far he hasnt done anything to warrant someone saying he is as good as bynum let alone D.Howard LOL.  I dont know if I ever see Bynum scoring a whole lot in his career, he is way to one dimensional on the offensive side.  NIK he has a bright future and has potential to maybe be a all star someday and thats a huge maybe.

You obviously know NOTHING about Bynum. NOTHING. He will "maybe be a all-star someday"? Maybe? LOL! You followed up a Dwight Howard praise by saying Andrew Bynum is one dimensional on offense? COME ON, NOW. Bynum has post moves up the ass. Offensive rebounds, putbacks, jump hooks, spin-moves, face up game, alley-oops, pick and rolls...one dimensional? Come on, now. Dude's learning from the best. EXPLAIN HOW ITS ABSURD TO COMPARE THE TWO PLAYERS CURRENTLY IF BYNUM OWNED HIM? Bynum is clearly a better player. He has a true back-to-the-basket game and doesn't rely on power and athleticism to play basketball. He has an extremely soft touch for a guy his size...and that wing-span+length is something else. Bynum is pulling in more rebounds than Amare in less minutes. Amare might be a proven all-star, but Bynum has been playing like a superstar...You might admit that Amare is overrated, but now it's time for you to admit that you madly underrated Bynum as well...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2007, 01:03:56 PM »
BTW...here's what happened in their first head-to-head match-up this season:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore;_ylt=Aliok_uZskTdqT_KsHmFulCkvLYF?gid=2007110221

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2007, 07:31:20 PM »
I'd take Bynum over Amare right now.  Better knees, non-gimmick offense, younger, higher ceiling.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2008, 03:25:52 PM »
I'd take Bynum over Amare right now.  Better knees, non-gimmick offense, younger, higher ceiling.

i'd say Amare has the higher ceiling if he doesnt get injured in the process
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

FLACO220

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Wut Up Tho'!!
« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2008, 03:43:10 PM »
he's got upside, but Amare's got a fwe years experience on him

Umm... you think so? Like we didn't know Amare came into the league before Bynum... come on now... i'm just fuckin witchu but you are right about the upside part tho... dude has a really bright future and i think the whole Kobe/trade his ass drama is fueling him... seems like thats all the motivation he needed cause he's on pace to a double double season. Not bad at all.
WestCoast 4 Life!!

teecee

« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2008, 06:01:34 AM »
WTF????  I have been travelling around the world since August, haven't checked this board since, and yet its still the same bullshit??!!  This is fucking hilarious man, NIK, you are still killing it with your crazy statements.  Good stuff, you are right, the Lakers were better, that is why their record for three str8 years was ass, they got beat twice by the Suns (including a time when they were up 3-1- good teams don't lose their composure and blow leads like that).......

I will say this: got a chance to watch Lakers and Bynum yesterday on satelite ESPN here in Vietnam, and could not fucking believe it!  Dude DOES have low post moves, and who gives a fuck if he dunks all the time, its two points, just like Shaq.  Lakers are looking pretty nice right now, BUT, NIK, don't make outrageous comments as you then end up looking like a fucking retard again-  I don't want that to happen again for your sake so take it easy with the "LAkers will sweep Suns, they've always been better even though they can't beat them in a series" bullshit, and Steve Nash #8?  Maybe he started off slow, but he is killing it right now......of course, he will fall off soon, dude IS 34.......

Right now, Amare and Howard are better than Bynum, but in two years?  I think Bynum may have both of them.....

D~Nice

« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2008, 09:15:50 AM »
Amare is a better scorer, Bynum is a better defender/rebounder

Amare you have to run plays for him, Bynum no

Amare could score 10 points and have 10 rebounds and unless Nash and others are having a GREAT game, I don't like their chances of winning, Bynum can put up those numbers in a Phil Jackson system with Kobe and consistently improve on them, he makes the Lakers a COMPLETELY different team.