Author Topic: Rakim - "Oh My God"  (Read 16899 times)

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Re:Rakim - "Oh My God"
« Reply #195 on: April 22, 2003, 11:24:54 AM »
3 years, my bad

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #196 on: April 22, 2003, 11:35:05 AM »

Honestly the longer it takes..
The longer I think his solo lp,will become a sort of compilation album feat: The entire Aftermath family.

I hope not....But It seem's to be going in that direction.
If shitt was to drop in a perfect world....it would only contain 2 guest shot's and Dre's best production.

We can only wait tho...
Hatesrats 2oooTre

Murrow

« Reply #197 on: April 24, 2003, 05:15:30 PM »
Think June!!  Though we have had our own fun  with predicting when Rakim's AfterMath debut, Oh My God, would finally surface, (peep the I Ain't Having That section for plenty of Dr. Dre ball-breaking), we are receiving very solid information that Rakim's opus has been tagged with a 6-3-2003 release date!!Before Gang Starr? We'll see....

Young Paid

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #198 on: April 27, 2003, 09:03:38 AM »
this better be true white boi, or u get da gas face. :)

Murrow

« Reply #199 on: April 27, 2003, 11:22:18 AM »
this better be true white boi, or u get da gas face. :)

Hey boi...I don't make the news I just report it.

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #200 on: April 27, 2003, 06:22:31 PM »
200 post on this thread and we still dont know shit...LOL...damn i want this album now

akaDRooPY

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #201 on: April 27, 2003, 11:04:53 PM »
i bet itll be another 200 until we get a date

T.J.

• Wanksta
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my deck
« Reply #202 on: May 24, 2003, 07:07:48 AM »
anyone got a confirmed date on this yet??

kick ass album

KING VerbalAssaulta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #203 on: May 25, 2003, 09:00:27 AM »
its not coming out!!! 8)

Dedicato

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • AFTERMATH MUSIC
« Reply #204 on: May 25, 2003, 10:49:06 AM »
Rakim speaks @ Aftermath Music ... Could be a fake ... i donno ;)

hey straight up from the god(no joke), thanks for the support for our label and myself. andre is a very patient person, very maticulous, so weve taken our time with my lp.i want everyone to know that this a rakim album , not a dr dre and rakim album. andre has a huge hand on things ofcourse,but,it is important that people know that i need to re establish myself first in order for this project to work.things will happen this year or not at all. jam master jays death also has put a stall in the process as well.expect a single in early july , then a video, finally a late july release. but snags do happen, projects get cancelled and artists get released unfortunately, so dont hold your breathe....peace

hey fans its ra again[no joke, imreally rakim aka william griffin]i left a few things out earlier in my comments. im actually on vacation in belize, so i have a few spare moments to get in touch with the hardcore aftermath fans. i cant let u know too much about the lp, no specifics, but there are some things i can fill u in on.first of all we appreciate everything our fans do for us .''oh my god'' has been delayed a while.we were aiming for a spring release ,but 50 blew up way beyond expectation. we feel that releasing my lp on 50's heels may draw unfair comparison, which we want to avoid.the lp is 99 % complete ,just some fine tuning left. like i said earlier today, think july. understand that the get rich' album still has some steam, were giving it a little more space.my guest appearances are few on my album, but they are amazing.i have major hitters with me on this project. this album will define my career, so we are making sure its as close to perfect as possible. peace

Don Seer

« Reply #205 on: May 25, 2003, 11:36:16 AM »
^bullshit... whoever wrote that aint even english...

Murrow

« Reply #206 on: May 25, 2003, 02:43:03 PM »
This is retarded.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #207 on: May 25, 2003, 03:11:42 PM »
word, whats retarded is that even though the single or any shit hasnt dropped yet, there nuttin known about this a,bum, no promotion or nuttin, even before 50 cent dropped his single, the buzz had started n shit, things better kick off soon with rakim, at first it was nice to see a different typa buzz created, then while the wait got longer, ppl were still like "aiight its okay, they jus makin sure everythins sopt on n the timin n shit is perfect"......now its jus vergin on a plain, hurry the fuck up...........i dunno if its rakim n dres fault or jimmy but whoever is it, better realise that this shit has had like 3 years to be made and if they cant get 12 -14 excellent tracks off the best producer with a genious on the mic........id be worried

we heard more off brooklyn, 50, joe beast n the game then we have ra......but i still think he'll drop..he better or alot of folks will hate on dre and aftermath if it doesnt!

peace

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #208 on: May 27, 2003, 12:23:39 PM »
hey fans its ra again[no joke, imreally rakim aka william griffin]

HAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHAH

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #209 on: May 29, 2003, 07:56:37 AM »
Here is something that everyone should be aware of and remember:

Rakim: "I'ma keep that a little secret, in terms of the artists and some of the producers who are gonna do tracks.  I wanna try  to surprise the world as much as possible, 'cause that's one of the things that's missing in hop-hop: the surprise.  There's so much pre-album hype; the people already know everything.  But it's been awaited so long, man... I wanna try to surprise and give them something good."

This should explain why we don't know shit about the album.