Author Topic: GTA 4 IGN Review! Perfect 10!!! (highest rated game in 10 years!!)  (Read 901 times)

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: GTA 4 IGN Review! Perfect 10!!! (highest rated game in 10 years!!)
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2008, 02:29:50 PM »
I've played it for 3 straight hours (on a xbox360) this afternoon. It looks like a 10/10 to me.

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2008, 03:48:31 PM »
I went to check out the midnight launch..........at 1am.......and the store was closed, lol.

The Watcher

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2008, 04:06:53 PM »
bought it.. played it until about 5:30am this morning before getting a few hrs sleep before work and its an awesome game

its pushing the xbox to its limits and thats pretty obvious in some places, other than that no complaints
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2008, 06:28:55 PM »
Im still gettin the 360 version, exclusive downloadable content coming in fall plus custom soundtracks and Ive always preferred to play online games on xbox live
Here's hoping PS3 owners get extras in the future.

PS3 will get extra downloads (additional episodes) as well, just a little sooner than X360.. but GTA4 L.A. or something is probably ready by the time I'm 100% on GTA4..

I'm not finna start a console war in here, but from what the reviewers say, the PS3 version is slightly superior, and I cannot imagine playing GTA on anything else than a PS..

Take Two Gets $50 Million For Exclusive Grand Theft Auto Downloads

Take Two will receive a whopping $50 million in exchange for exclusive downloadable "episodes" for the Xbox 360 version of Grand Theft Auto IV, the game publisher confirmed in a recent financial conference call.

The revenue will come in two installments -- $25 million when the first "episodic content package" launches on Microsoft's Xbox Live Marketplace digital delivery service in March 2008, and $25 million when the second download goes live later that year.

The highly anticipated entry in the infamous go-anywhere, shoot-anything urban crime series -- the first on next-generation game hardware -- is slated for release on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 on October 16. GTAIV will retail for $60, with a special edition package released on the same day for $90.

Take Two confirmed last week that, at least for the time being, they only have plans to release the downloadable content -- which will likely include new missions for Grand Theft Auto's main character as he rampages through the streets of a fictionalized New York City -- on Microsoft's machine.

Whatever way you slice it, $50 million is a huge amount of money. That's five times what it cost to make Gears of War. It's not entirely clear what the specific terms of this deal are, but Microsoft apparently feels that having exclusive GTA content is crucial to getting players to buy Xbox 360 instead of PS3 -- and to get them ponying up for micro transactions.

Theres no way that any downladable content will be coming to the ps3 first, I would be surprised if they release anything extra for it
Im not tryin to start a console war or anything either, I just bought a ps3 a few months ago and its fuckin sick!  Both versions of GTA are gonna be dope, Im goin to the midnight launch in like 5 hours  8)

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

Sparegeez

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2008, 09:47:45 PM »
I have no idea how I'm gonna hustle the money I need for this game, but I'm gonna do it.
'

AboveTheLaw

« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2008, 02:35:39 AM »
I have no idea how I'm gonna hustle the money I need for this game, but I'm gonna do it.
'

Get to it man! ;)  Me and my friends stood in line like jackasses for two hours in the cold when a few stores opened at midnight, but once you play it you won't want to put it down. If you got time to burn don't waste it on this site and get to playing the game immediately. Hella fun when you drive in first person and run everyone over, to see the collision and impact effects right in front of you.

Matty

« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2008, 03:14:22 AM »
my friends got both consoles but he got the xbox version cause of the forthcoming downloadable missions making it the definitive version. microsoft paid a LOT of cash for it, so the terms would have to be that the content will never be available for the ps3 version. if not, then not for a very long time atleast...

anyway time to play it in a bit :D just came in the post this morning...

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2008, 03:33:31 AM »
The game is amazing for real.

Even the plot is amazing. I mean you start from nothing, for real.

The graphic is the best i've ever seen on a xbox.

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2008, 04:12:56 AM »
My younger brothers have been hogging the game since I bought it after work today, lol. I saved myself $20 off retail, so I'm happy with that.

The graphics are amazing. GTA4's a must have!

Jome

« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2008, 08:17:30 AM »
Theres no way that any downladable content will be coming to the ps3 first

That's why I said "a little sooner than X360"..

Sony said that there will "probably be exclusive downloads", but according to some inside source I read about somewhere, Sony can't reveal anything about it because Microsoft paid up to get it first, and Sony can't reveal about their deal with Rockstar before a month or two (or something) after Microsoft launched their extra episodes/downloads.
Makes sense though.. when you pay $50 mill, you don't want Sony stealing your thunder, at least not before it's released.

Matty

« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2008, 09:42:29 AM »
its because sony are going to have different downloadable content...microsoft paid the $$$ so they'd get something substansial and exclusive...sony are going to have some extra stuff available for the ps3 version though...

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2008, 03:53:16 PM »
shit i need this!

Sparegeez

« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2008, 07:31:50 PM »
They scanned my ID in walmart when I purchased this. They said it's a new policy, they scan every ID when you buy GTA.

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2008, 08:50:20 PM »
im gonna wait 2-3 weeks before gettin it, i'm still deep in devil may cry and i dont like to waiste time standing in line

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2008, 09:29:36 PM »
maaaaaaaaan this game is soooo bad ass!

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09