Author Topic: Remake Of Zelda: OoT  (Read 451 times)

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Remake Of Zelda: OoT
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2008, 12:22:47 PM »
“Frankly, some of the so-called ‘franchise games’ are quite difficult for nongamers to play, so making accessible games for these players is key. With Zelda, we have to consider how to make it accessible for new gamers to pick up and play and enjoy just as hardcore gamers have. For example, we’ve got the Touch Generations series. Now, we’re not necessarily going to make our “franchise” games in that style, but we’ll take what we know and have learned — the philosophy behind those games — and incorporate it into franchise games. That’s a philosophy that’s very strong at Nintendo.”

Fuck Nintendo

.:TimeLock:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Da Time Keepa!
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2008, 12:54:37 PM »
“Frankly, some of the so-called ‘franchise games’ are quite difficult for nongamers to play, so making accessible games for these players is key. With Zelda, we have to consider how to make it accessible for new gamers to pick up and play and enjoy just as hardcore gamers have. For example, we’ve got the Touch Generations series. Now, we’re not necessarily going to make our “franchise” games in that style, but we’ll take what we know and have learned — the philosophy behind those games — and incorporate it into franchise games. That’s a philosophy that’s very strong at Nintendo.”

Fuck Nintendo

fa real they will never allow Zelda to reach it full potential

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2008, 12:57:54 PM »

Fuck Nintendo
they just thinking about $, cant blame them

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2008, 03:06:20 PM »

Fuck Nintendo

It's a story about a mute elf who rescues an elf princess from a giant Pig-man. How mature do you want that to be?

white Boy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2008, 03:09:43 PM »

Fuck Nintendo

It's a story about a mute elf who rescues an elf princess from a giant Pig-man. How mature do you want that to be?
allegory?

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2008, 03:45:14 PM »

Fuck Nintendo

allegory?

huh?

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2008, 04:08:00 PM »
I don't care about the story content, that's always going to be pretty cool.  I'm talking about the actual gameplay, you can always make a game more challenging.  When it comes to bosses, take lessons from the bosses of God of War.  They were really creative and challenging.  Sure, you gotta start thinking about making money but you can't ignore the fans that got you into that position neither.  Having different difficulty levels isn't something that can't be done.  How hard is it for them to have a Beginner-Casual-Normal-Experienced difficulty levels for the new Zelda game?  Everyone is happy

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2008, 04:28:47 PM »
I don't care about the story content, that's always going to be pretty cool.  I'm talking about the actual gameplay, you can always make a game more challenging.  When it comes to bosses, take lessons from the bosses of God of War.  They were really creative and challenging.  Sure, you gotta start thinking about making money but you can't ignore the fans that got you into that position neither.  Having different difficulty levels isn't something that can't be done.  How hard is it for them to have a Beginner-Casual-Normal-Experienced difficulty levels for the new Zelda game?  Everyone is happy

i kinda liked it that it didnt have difficulty levels u choose from.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2008, 04:30:06 PM »
Yeah it's fine right now, but if they really are going to start making the games a lot easier so more casual gamers can play then it's a problem.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2008, 06:28:06 PM »

I didn't realize the newer version were so easy. The only one that ever gave me a challenge, ever, is Link; Zelda 2. I can beat any other Zelda with out problems, but Zelda 2 is one of the most difficult and frustrating games to beat. Try playing it, (with out an emulator and using "save state" to undo all your mistakes), and see how easy it is.

white Boy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2008, 07:14:45 PM »

Fuck Nintendo

allegory?

huh?
oh im just clownin

Matty

« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2008, 10:04:22 PM »
twilight princess was a return to a more realistic zelda. it was pretty damn dope, especially with the wii controls. a new zelda made from the ground-up and using the upcoming wii remote add-on for advanced swordfights and stuff might be really good. for some reason i always imagined zelda would be in 1st person in 3d. i reckon they could start to use 1st person sections with a new motion sensing sword fighting system.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2008, 11:20:09 PM »
twilight princess was a return to a more realistic zelda. it was pretty damn dope, especially with the wii controls. a new zelda made from the ground-up and using the upcoming wii remote add-on for advanced swordfights and stuff might be really good. for some reason i always imagined zelda would be in 1st person in 3d. i reckon they could start to use 1st person sections with a new motion sensing sword fighting system.

It won't fully return to realism until they bring back the Pig-man.

Or have no story really what so ever and have random people in strange towns invite you into their homes and heal your wounds, with having any other conversation with you.

.:TimeLock:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Da Time Keepa!
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2008, 08:49:13 AM »

Or have no story really what so ever and have random people in strange towns invite you into their homes and heal your wounds, with having any other conversation with you.

when u say pig man u mean Ganon? the final boss? by the way what year were u born and what age u start playing zelda at and was it on the first nintendo? just wondering :-\

this is him in all his different looks over the years http://matrim2012.blogspot.com/2008/09/many-faces-of-ganon.html
« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 08:53:51 AM by .:TimeLock:. »

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2008, 02:16:18 PM »

when u say pig man u mean Ganon? the final boss? by the way what year were u born and what age u start playing zelda at and was it on the first nintendo? just wondering :-\

this is him in all his different looks over the years http://matrim2012.blogspot.com/2008/09/many-faces-of-ganon.html

My first Zelda experience was 1989 with both Zelda and Zelda 2. I was 6 going on 7 years old and it was one of the great summers of my life. But they were both kids games great for kids. Everything about Zelda is a kids game and kids need those games. You grew up and you want Zelda to grow up too. Why? There are plenty of mature games being made these days that are just as good or better than any Zelda game is going to be. I don't see the point of taking Zelda away from the kids of today soa few kids from yesterday can have more fun with their nostalgia. I don't want Zelda to grow up any more than I want Sesame Street, or Ronald McDonald to grow up (anyone remember those terrible Arch Deluxe  commercials from the 90s where threy tried to make Ronald McDonald cool for the teens and twenty-somethings? One commercial had Ronald at a night club and all these hot chicks were being interviewed about how they can't believe how cool, hot, and sexy Ronald is. It was horrible).