Author Topic: Springsteen's Halftime Show  (Read 803 times)

BiggBoogaBiff

Re: I AM NOT A RACIST
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2009, 09:20:48 AM »
It's clear white boy & shallow shouldn't be on HipHop forums.  You can have a non-worldwide known band get on the stage and rock it (i dont wanna sound racist but you white folks do it all the time).  And who said we have to have a "grimey" rapper get on and do tha damn thang, I know when and where hardcore rap has it's place (I'm not 12yrs old).  I was simply saying that we dont wanna hear that bubble gum pop rap shit because you think ALL of us black people like that shit (and trust me alot of dont, read different forums or ask someone (any race, any age) in the street and you'll see).  You can't please everybody but just because you think Bruce Springsteen is god doesn't mean everybody is diggin' him and his band.  GoGo music is popular in more places than you think (NJ, NC, SC, GA, FL, DEL, NY, MA, for a few places).  Every superbowl show I've watched always has somebody thats whiter than Al Gore playing the music during the halftime (even Prince), but the NFL is mainly Black (we shouldnt have to cater to ya'll because alot of white people don't like what we/everybody else likes, supposedly- demographically speaking).  Like I said no bubblegum raps (use Wale or Tabi Bonney or Good Charlotte) and no Springsteen.  Why wasn't Yo Yo Ma on?  What about Carlos Santana and an RnB singer up there?  What about a Willie Nelson & Snoop Dogg show?  Bruce might still be selling and very popular but that whole show just wasn't doing it for me.  Even my Dad who I swear can pass for the Whitest Black Man sometimes wasn't even diggin' Springsteen and he's all about good school music like that.  Who are you to say I'm wrong about putting a GoGo Band up there anyways, have you even been to a show, they have shows damn near everyday and are always sellin' out (BackYard Band, Chuck Brown a LEGEND, Rare Essence) .... look for em sometime.  Everybody love the GoGo when they go to a show and I aint just talking about my people.  I'm hip to these white corporate execs tryna appeal to the Lou Dobbs & Joe The Plumber audience without everybody else in mind too.  Everything clearly was showing that during the entire show, I wasn't even counting how many black people were on tv (not even thinking about that shit) until it was just real obvious... I think I counted like two by the time I noticed.  But NBC and FOX and all of those stations are known for that 'view', I watch the news all day everyday... But like I said about the GoGo music or any music, don't knock it if you dont know what you're talking about, you have to go to a show (GoGo) to know what I'm saying, and not youtube!  Because if GoGo music is an acquired taste then so is Springsteen.

GoGo Classics:

(women love this)
(killed that chick on her own song, they made 1000 times more listenable)
  (umbrella)
(Wale, GoGo Music, & Warren G all in one)

and the list goes on...

What the fuck are you talking about? I never said Springsteen entertained every single person watching. But you aren't providing any facts. Where do these go go bands sell out in the places you mentioned. Have you ever seen a single act fill up a Football stadium in the US for their concert? Because I've never heard of that. The last time Bruce was begged to do the half time show was '03, and that same year he sold out Giant Stadium (where the Giants and Jets play) 10 nights in a row. 500,000 tickets were sold in a matter of hours.

Springsteen plays a lot of black music by the way, and just because it's not the black music you like doesn't make it Lou Dobbs music. BB King whose as black as it gets with music often complains that not many black people come to his shows. And the NFL tried an half time show with Nelly, Kid Rock, Timberlake, Janet, and Diddy in 2004 and it fucking sucked, that's why they stay away from it. There is a reason why the top rappers can't sell stadiums time and again; they don't know how to work them. People go see someone like Nelly or Jay Z once in a larger venue like a hockey arena, play 100 bucks and leave thinking we'll at least I saw him live (I've been to and sen the reactions post-show). When I want to the Springsteen show last October I saw plenty of people that had never been to a show before, young people, and while not every single person left with a new outlook on life, I saw a lot of young people amazed at how good at was and talking about how they gotta come back the next time he's town. Springsteen was the type of guy that used to make records just so he could go on tour, that's where he was best.

I don't know about your Go go bands, and I'm not saying they are incapable of doing big shows but when picking someone to entertain 60,000 football (who are mostly white. Players might be black, but viewers are still majority white) the NFL wants someone they know can do it.

Who said I was downplaying Bruce, I never was, I know the man is a fuckin' music legend-- never doubted it, but just because white people are the majority in America doesn't mean ya'll always have to get your way.  And it's not about Black music or White music, it's about good music and Springsteen if you ask me sounds like someone who's living off of his name and not actually putting out something "time" lasting (atleast not in a while).  And you mentioned Nelly & Diddy- News flash homey, Noone fucks wit those two bastards like that, that was EXACTLY wat I was mentioning when I said bubblegum rap.  Nobody fucks with those two like that (LOL those two are the definition of bubblegum rap sucka mc'n that the majority hates).  I dont care how many venues you can fill up, all I care about is good music, and those songs Bruce played werent doing it for me at all, I wanted to leave and take a shit halfway thru... this isn't BlueBrothers 2010 dogg, that shit is cool for the older white people out there, but for the sports players and the generation (40 and under) Springsteen isn't a god or someone relevant, Weird Al played him out back in the day.  Just bcuz people like Diddy or Nelly or Jay Z is popular doesnt mean we want to see them in every spotlight oppurtunity, if your talking about commercial rap music, why don't you put Dr. Dre or 50 in the show with a live band and see how it rocks, i can almost guarantee it'll be a smash for everybody if it's done right (and knowing Dr. Dre's maticulousness  ::)) it'll be a sure thing.  The NFL is worldwide, not worldwhite so gettit straight when your talking about the majority.  And as far as GoGo and selling out shows i'll leave it at this- You know about as much about GoGo as I do with Springsteen- GoGo shows are done all over the country and not in just Maryland & DC & Virginia and they always come raw.  I think if you actually gave it a listen (not just on YouTube! then you would understand).  Like I said, you can pick up those Jonas Brothers, Lou Dobbs, & John King from CNN fans but you can't capture everybody.  BB King is a little too old fashioned too, Blues isnt wat it was back in the day, we've evolved from Blues in my culture, it pretty much was dead when Rick James & George Clinton hit the scene... you want the old artist to still get their shine on (nothing wrong with that) but you have to admit when it's time for them to get off the stage.  If Springsteen was still all that hot with everybody and still all that relevant, we'd be hearing alot more about him and not just concert reviews from Roadies and Groupies.  I thought that dude was retired lol.  Point blank, the NFL needs to do a better job with picking talent for these shows and be more culturally diverse, not appeal to just the people you would find in Sean Hannity's iPod.

Check it and you'll see what I'm talking about.  As far as Hip Hop goes this is what we wanna hear, not Diddy or Nelly LMAO  :D

I still cant believe you think Nelly & Diddy was supposed to be a 'pass' or something  :laugh:.  that just proves that the white man still dont understand the black man lol!  If you want some real music some good music, have a buncha popular artist do a show collectively as one group (a famous drummer, some famous singers (soul/rnb and country together), some famous guitar players (one rock, one jazz, one country), a famous choir, a famous grand piano player, a GOOD rapper that we can appreciate and not just a name, a famous violinist, a famous chelloist, and so on.  Get creative, get good, dont just sell it bcuz of a brand- do it for the sake of music and unity, not a dollar.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 11:06:33 AM by RadioTube! »

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Springsteen's Halftime Show
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2009, 09:52:29 AM »
since we on the music topic

why bobby why, it would have been an ok commercial (even though i hate the idea of my favorite artists being used for marketing), But that fag will-i-am, wtf, ANYONE would have been better than him

off topic, but good job on the rebranding of Pepsi.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2009, 03:17:54 PM »
i dont have the patience to answer homeboy, but on a sidenote, i saw bb king a couple months ago at a pretty small venue in trenton, it was fuckin dopeness, dude is 83, and still sings dope as hell, plays amazing, had a dope ass band with him, told awesome stories, real cool as dude

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: I AM NOT A RACIST
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2009, 03:45:35 PM »
It's clear white boy & shallow shouldn't be on HipHop forums.  You can have a non-worldwide known band get on the stage and rock it (i dont wanna sound racist but you white folks do it all the time).  And who said we have to have a "grimey" rapper get on and do tha damn thang, I know when and where hardcore rap has it's place (I'm not 12yrs old).  I was simply saying that we dont wanna hear that bubble gum pop rap shit because you think ALL of us black people like that shit (and trust me alot of dont, read different forums or ask someone (any race, any age) in the street and you'll see).  You can't please everybody but just because you think Bruce Springsteen is god doesn't mean everybody is diggin' him and his band.  GoGo music is popular in more places than you think (NJ, NC, SC, GA, FL, DEL, NY, MA, for a few places).  Every superbowl show I've watched always has somebody thats whiter than Al Gore playing the music during the halftime (even Prince), but the NFL is mainly Black (we shouldnt have to cater to ya'll because alot of white people don't like what we/everybody else likes, supposedly- demographically speaking).  Like I said no bubblegum raps (use Wale or Tabi Bonney or Good Charlotte) and no Springsteen.  Why wasn't Yo Yo Ma on?  What about Carlos Santana and an RnB singer up there?  What about a Willie Nelson & Snoop Dogg show?  Bruce might still be selling and very popular but that whole show just wasn't doing it for me.  Even my Dad who I swear can pass for the Whitest Black Man sometimes wasn't even diggin' Springsteen and he's all about good school music like that.  Who are you to say I'm wrong about putting a GoGo Band up there anyways, have you even been to a show, they have shows damn near everyday and are always sellin' out (BackYard Band, Chuck Brown a LEGEND, Rare Essence) .... look for em sometime.  Everybody love the GoGo when they go to a show and I aint just talking about my people.  I'm hip to these white corporate execs tryna appeal to the Lou Dobbs & Joe The Plumber audience without everybody else in mind too.  Everything clearly was showing that during the entire show, I wasn't even counting how many black people were on tv (not even thinking about that shit) until it was just real obvious... I think I counted like two by the time I noticed.  But NBC and FOX and all of those stations are known for that 'view', I watch the news all day everyday... But like I said about the GoGo music or any music, don't knock it if you dont know what you're talking about, you have to go to a show (GoGo) to know what I'm saying, and not youtube!  Because if GoGo music is an acquired taste then so is Springsteen.

GoGo Classics:

(women love this)
(killed that chick on her own song, they made 1000 times more listenable)
  (umbrella)
(Wale, GoGo Music, & Warren G all in one)

and the list goes on...

What the fuck are you talking about? I never said Springsteen entertained every single person watching. But you aren't providing any facts. Where do these go go bands sell out in the places you mentioned. Have you ever seen a single act fill up a Football stadium in the US for their concert? Because I've never heard of that. The last time Bruce was begged to do the half time show was '03, and that same year he sold out Giant Stadium (where the Giants and Jets play) 10 nights in a row. 500,000 tickets were sold in a matter of hours.

Springsteen plays a lot of black music by the way, and just because it's not the black music you like doesn't make it Lou Dobbs music. BB King whose as black as it gets with music often complains that not many black people come to his shows. And the NFL tried an half time show with Nelly, Kid Rock, Timberlake, Janet, and Diddy in 2004 and it fucking sucked, that's why they stay away from it. There is a reason why the top rappers can't sell stadiums time and again; they don't know how to work them. People go see someone like Nelly or Jay Z once in a larger venue like a hockey arena, play 100 bucks and leave thinking we'll at least I saw him live (I've been to and sen the reactions post-show). When I want to the Springsteen show last October I saw plenty of people that had never been to a show before, young people, and while not every single person left with a new outlook on life, I saw a lot of young people amazed at how good at was and talking about how they gotta come back the next time he's town. Springsteen was the type of guy that used to make records just so he could go on tour, that's where he was best.

I don't know about your Go go bands, and I'm not saying they are incapable of doing big shows but when picking someone to entertain 60,000 football (who are mostly white. Players might be black, but viewers are still majority white) the NFL wants someone they know can do it.

Who said I was downplaying Bruce, I never was, I know the man is a fuckin' music legend-- never doubted it, but just because white people are the majority in America doesn't mean ya'll always have to get your way.  And it's not about Black music or White music, it's about good music and Springsteen if you ask me sounds like someone who's living off of his name and not actually putting out something "time" lasting (atleast not in a while).  And you mentioned Nelly & Diddy- News flash homey, Noone fucks wit those two bastards like that, that was EXACTLY wat I was mentioning when I said bubblegum rap.  Nobody fucks with those two like that (LOL those two are the definition of bubblegum rap sucka mc'n that the majority hates).  I dont care how many venues you can fill up, all I care about is good music, and those songs Bruce played werent doing it for me at all, I wanted to leave and take a shit halfway thru... this isn't BlueBrothers 2010 dogg, that shit is cool for the older white people out there, but for the sports players and the generation (40 and under) Springsteen isn't a god or someone relevant, Weird Al played him out back in the day.  Just bcuz people like Diddy or Nelly or Jay Z is popular doesnt mean we want to see them in every spotlight oppurtunity, if your talking about commercial rap music, why don't you put Dr. Dre or 50 in the show with a live band and see how it rocks, i can almost guarantee it'll be a smash for everybody if it's done right (and knowing Dr. Dre's maticulousness  ::)) it'll be a sure thing.  The NFL is worldwide, not worldwhite so gettit straight when your talking about the majority.  And as far as GoGo and selling out shows i'll leave it at this- You know about as much about GoGo as I do with Springsteen- GoGo shows are done all over the country and not in just Maryland & DC & Virginia and they always come raw.  I think if you actually gave it a listen (not just on YouTube! then you would understand).  Like I said, you can pick up those Jonas Brothers, Lou Dobbs, & John King from CNN fans but you can't capture everybody.  BB King is a little too old fashioned too, Blues isnt wat it was back in the day, we've evolved from Blues in my culture, it pretty much was dead when Rick James & George Clinton hit the scene... you want the old artist to still get their shine on (nothing wrong with that) but you have to admit when it's time for them to get off the stage.  If Springsteen was still all that hot with everybody and still all that relevant, we'd be hearing alot more about him and not just concert reviews from Roadies and Groupies.  I thought that dude was retired lol.  Point blank, the NFL needs to do a better job with picking talent for these shows and be more culturally diverse, not appeal to just the people you would find in Sean Hannity's iPod.

Check it and you'll see what I'm talking about.  As far as Hip Hop goes this is what we wanna hear, not Diddy or Nelly LMAO  :D

I still cant believe you think Nelly & Diddy was supposed to be a 'pass' or something  :laugh:.  that just proves that the white man still dont understand the black man lol!  If you want some real music some good music, have a buncha popular artist do a show collectively as one group (a famous drummer, some famous singers (soul/rnb and country together), some famous guitar players (one rock, one jazz, one country), a famous choir, a famous grand piano player, a GOOD rapper that we can appreciate and not just a name, a famous violinist, a famous chelloist, and so on.  Get creative, get good, dont just sell it bcuz of a brand- do it for the sake of music and unity, not a dollar.

1) I used the Timberlake/Kid Rock/Diddy and Nelly reference as a form of showing current music in the spotlight, not real hip hop in the spotlight.

2) Dre fucking sucks live. So does 50. The worst time I ever had at a concert was the Up In Smoke tour, and I didn't even know who Springsteen was then.

3) Some of the best albums in the last decade have come from Bruce Springsteen. I listen to his new songs as much as his old ones. He was having twelve minutes of fun at halftime. It's hardly what his albums or live shows are about.

4) No, this isn't 1985 and Bruce isn't the mega star he was but he's hardly been off the radar in the public eye. 4 years ago he was campaigning for John Kerry and stood right beside the man when he gave speeches. 6 months ago he was on the front page of news papers side by side with Obama and at a benefit concert for Obama, he was quoted as saying "I'm running for president because I can't be Bruce Springsteen" in regard to how Bruce was entertaining the crowd. You thought he was retired? That says more about you than about Springsteen.

5) I asked you where Gogo sells out. I didn't tell you. You still haven't answered. I want venues, not cities.

6) NFL is worldwide, but it's mostly white in audience. That's a promise.

7) Stop saying "we". You do not represent black people. You represent Radiotube. More black people know and praise Lil Wayne and The Game than they do Tabi Bonney, Saul Williams, or K'Naan. And watch your mouth wit that evolved shit. Evolve would mean that new artists can do everything the previous stage of that evolution can do and then some. The new artists can't do half what blacks were doing on Beale Street 50 years ago, or Detroit 40 years ago. The talent isn't there like it used to be. All this digital shit has kept artists from learning to play and sing like they used to be able to. Take your top 100 rappers. Add all of their talent together. And it's about one tenth the talent James Brown had on his worst night. Evolved my ass.

8) What was the Weird Al reference? I don't get it.

9) And what's the whole idea with combining a star line up and creating a band? Great bands need chemistry, not just individual talent. What you proposed would sound like a giant mess. Or was that the point you were making.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2009, 03:46:49 PM »
i dont have the patience to answer homeboy, but on a sidenote, i saw bb king a couple months ago at a pretty small venue in trenton, it was fuckin dopeness, dude is 83, and still sings dope as hell, plays amazing, had a dope ass band with him, told awesome stories, real cool as dude

Just curios, how many black people were there?

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2009, 05:37:44 PM »
All I'm going to say is that the Super Bowl isn't the place to discover talent or promote not so famous artists.  It isn't Jools Holland.  You basically need mega acts that are comfortable with 50k plus crowds. 

white Boy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2009, 06:22:01 PM »

it was trenton which is like 85 % black, so a ok amt id say 15-25 %, but the crowd was sooo varied, from 12 year old girls, to older people, to young people, from hippie looking 60 year olds, to people showing up in a nice sports coat and tie, families and couples, a wide spectrum overall

white Boy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2009, 07:49:55 PM »
wait was there a seperate thread called 'i am not racist' and it was merged with this one?

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2009, 08:20:37 PM »

it was trenton which is like 85 % black, so a ok amt id say 15-25 %, but the crowd was sooo varied, from 12 year old girls, to older people, to young people, from hippie looking 60 year olds, to people showing up in a nice sports coat and tie, families and couples, a wide spectrum overall

Fuck Springsteen, he's obviously in your ass balls deep.  I dont care about Springsteen and it doesnt matter what "whiteboy"s opinions are bcuz it's hard to have a real debate with you about this.  you're tryna tell me I dont represent black folks and tryna make me look like an ass when all I'm doin is keepin it true.  when you say "real" hip hop it just makes you look like a white boy bcuz as a nigga you would understand that there's ONLY good music and bad music, not "real" hip hop and fake hip hop as ya'll like to call it.  You talk about sellin out shows, do ya research on BackYard Band and most of all Chuck Brown- Chuck Brown probably inspired Springsteen comin up.  Chuck been rockin since the 60's.  Never in my life have I ever seen a Springsteen video on TV get as much play as the god you claim him to be.  You tryna make me seem like I'm goin on Springs when I'm tellin u tha fuckin truth that that dude is waaay past his prime.  You can suck Bruce's nuts all you want but I'll be fine playing my old Cat Stevens records and my old UGK Records.  Real music (especially in hip hop) isnt put in a way like if an artist is on the underground scene that automatically makes him a "real" artist or more authentic than the person on tv/radio and those who are in the spotlight are fake (i see you're really gassed up on that concept, I guess you havent seen MTV2 either).  That show in 04 was a prime example of the shit niggaz dont care to see, and you dont know who I am, I aint tryna sound like no internet square but nigga I got conects out here (whether u want drugs, bitches, music contacts, spots to rob - when & where, and a whole gang of other shit) but this topic is about Springsteen not my credibility.  But if the NFL has a mostly white audience then why are ALL the majority of sports (not just the NFL) have mainly black players, u woulda figured somewhere between integration and 2008 white people would've found a way to short cut the blacks again and get on top (I'll give you the MLB).  White folx like Springsteen, Black folx like James Brown (rip) point blank.  You know, it's kinda like Elvis vs. Quincy Jones. 

And how tha fuck are you the person to judge what black people can do now versus back then, that's how I know you dont live near our communities... Fuck outta here with that we cant do shit like we did back in tha 50s and 60s you fuckin faggot.  MTV and BET have you brainwashed on who the fuck we are, you trippin on an ice pick for that.  And then you have the nerve to mention Barack Obama in the bullshit ass un-most-relevant thing you've mentioned in this topic.  You cant be fuckin serious.  You're right u are a white boy and you wouldnt have the balls to say any of this to a so called "real" nigga face, you would bitchup and keep your opinions to yourself u fuckin homo ass butt fisher ass nigga.

Yo white boy you can keep your Springsteen fetish in ya ass like a dingleberry bcuz you obviously arent culturally sound enough.  Go to a Black church sometime, Go to an inner city school in the lunch rooms and music classes and you'll see what the fuck Blues & Beale Street has evolved into.  Go to a college/  All this tv and readin all these interviews have got u gassed.  and bitch that bubble your in has popped along time ago.  New Jack City, Colors, and BITH and a few 2Pac albums cant tell u how it really is, niggaz die ova dumb shit (true) but niggaz mainly die over broken morals.  So you can clear that mind frame outcha' brain.  I'm done with you/// Springsteen is soft and the E Street Band cant out rock The Back Yard Band.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 08:29:47 PM by RadioTube! »

Hey Ma

« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2009, 08:25:45 PM »
radiotube, I've said it before, but you are by far the most worthless poster here next to momo. Your inane ramblings accomplish nothing and I believe you to be the child of an alcoholic or drug addict. You should delete your account and find full time work digging ditches.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2009, 08:27:44 PM »
radiotube, I've said it before, but you are by far the most worthless poster here next to momo. Your inane ramblings accomplish nothing and I believe you to be the child of an alcoholic or drug addict. You should delete your account and find full time work digging ditches.

I'll do that after I finish skull fuckin your mother one last time  :yikes:
« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 08:33:23 PM by RadioTube! »

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2009, 09:04:43 PM »

Fuck Springsteen, he's obviously in your ass balls deep.  I dont care about Springsteen and it doesnt matter what "whiteboy"s opinions are bcuz it's hard to have a real debate with you about this.  you're tryna tell me I dont represent black folks and tryna make me look like an ass when all I'm doin is keepin it true.  when you say "real" hip hop it just makes you look like a white boy bcuz as a nigga you would understand that there's ONLY good music and bad music, not "real" hip hop and fake hip hop as ya'll like to call it.  You talk about sellin out shows, do ya research on BackYard Band and most of all Chuck Brown- Chuck Brown probably inspired Springsteen comin up.  Chuck been rockin since the 60's.  Never in my life have I ever seen a Springsteen video on TV get as much play as the god you claim him to be.  You tryna make me seem like I'm goin on Springs when I'm tellin u tha fuckin truth that that dude is waaay past his prime.  You can suck Bruce's nuts all you want but I'll be fine playing my old Cat Stevens records and my old UGK Records.  Real music (especially in hip hop) isnt put in a way like if an artist is on the underground scene that automatically makes him a "real" artist or more authentic than the person on tv/radio and those who are in the spotlight are fake (i see you're really gassed up on that concept, I guess you havent seen MTV2 either).  That show in 04 was a prime example of the shit niggaz dont care to see, and you dont know who I am, I aint tryna sound like no internet square but nigga I got conects out here (whether u want drugs, bitches, music contacts, spots to rob - when & where, and a whole gang of other shit) but this topic is about Springsteen not my credibility.  But if the NFL has a mostly white audience then why are ALL the majority of sports (not just the NFL) have mainly black players, u woulda figured somewhere between integration and 2008 white people would've found a way to short cut the blacks again and get on top (I'll give you the MLB).  White folx like Springsteen, Black folx like James Brown (rip) point blank.  You know, it's kinda like Elvis vs. Quincy Jones. 

And how tha fuck are you the person to judge what black people can do now versus back then, that's how I know you dont live near our communities... Fuck outta here with that we cant do shit like we did back in tha 50s and 60s you fuckin faggot.  MTV and BET have you brainwashed on who the fuck we are, you trippin on an ice pick for that.  And then you have the nerve to mention Barack Obama in the bullshit ass un-most-relevant thing you've mentioned in this topic.  You cant be fuckin serious.  You're right u are a white boy and you wouldnt have the balls to say any of this to a so called "real" nigga face, you would bitchup and keep your opinions to yourself u fuckin homo ass butt fisher ass nigga.

Yo white boy you can keep your Springsteen fetish in ya ass like a dingleberry bcuz you obviously arent culturally sound enough.  Go to a Black church sometime, Go to an inner city school in the lunch rooms and music classes and you'll see what the fuck Blues & Beale Street has evolved into.  Go to a college/  All this tv and readin all these interviews have got u gassed.  and bitch that bubble your in has popped along time ago.  New Jack City, Colors, and BITH and a few 2Pac albums cant tell u how it really is, niggaz die ova dumb shit (true) but niggaz mainly die over broken morals.  So you can clear that mind frame outcha' brain.  I'm done with you/// Springsteen is soft and the E Street Band cant out rock The Back Yard Band.

1) When did your street credibility ever come into question? You can find drugs, sluts, places to rob? Good for you. I am an individualist. I'm Greek-Canadian, and there are lets say 100,000 Greek Canadians in the Toronto area. Do you know how many I represent? 1. And that's how many black people you represent. We can only really speak for ourselves.

2) My main interaction with blacks is Jamaican so maybe I'm wrong to say today's black artists aren't as talented. So I'll say 5 black singers from back then and you can tell me 5 black singers from now more evolved than James Brown, Sam Cooke, David Ruffin, Otis Redding, and Little Richard.

3) "Fuck outta here with that we cant do shit like we did back in tha 50s and 60s you fuckin faggot"? We? As in you are apart of the evolved new art? Can you send me some recordings of yourself. Shit maybe you can outplay Hendrix.

4) I do go to an inner city school twice a week. I teach kids math. We have a pretty crappy music program though.

5) I share the exact same opinions with my black neighbors as I do here with you. I'm not ashamed of my opinions. If you like you can come up to Toronto and listen to me have the same debates. Come on May 7th and I'll even take you with me to the Springsteen show.

6) I'm not that familiar with Chuck Brown. Maybe Bruce did know of him back then. I know he got a long real well with Bob Marley and the Wailers when both bands were just starting out, and a personal music hero of his was Gary US Bonds. All of this doesn't change the fact that I never doubted the venues you claim they play, I merely asked what sold out venues they were.

7) "niggaz die ova dumb shit (true) but niggaz mainly die over broken morals." I know. I've lost quite a few of my oldest friends in the past few years who were either killed by guns or sent to jail because of them.

8) America is mostly white. America is the largest TV market for the NFL,. Second is Europe, which is almost entirely white. That's why most of the viewers are white. Most of the athletes aren't white because blacks are better athletes.

9) When did I say Springsteen videos get a lot of airplay? MTV hasn't showed him any respect since the 80s. I simply said it was absurd to think he had retired since he has been in the news quite a bit this last decade. I mentioned Obama because Obama is very popular now and Bruce was right there with him through most of the election. Of course he's past his prime. I never said otherwise. Martin Scorsese is past his prime but he can skill make decent films. Marlon Brando was past his prime in 1970. The next year he played Vito Corleone. Bruce may never again release another album anywhere near as good as Born to Run, but the albums he does release are good enough for him to stick around if he wants to. The Rising was used as Obama's campaign song and that song was written and recorded in 2002. If Bruce was just some old fogey using his past to stick around in the present then why would they use a new song by him, and not an older one?

10) Elvis and Quincy? Of all the people to compare you pick a 50s rocker with a jazz turned pop producer. You should have used Jackie Wilson. He was great.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2009, 04:34:11 AM »
i see i ya'll goin soft on me.

but i aint goin 10 - 1 though all I'm gonna say is that u live in Canada, and if ur not from the States you just wouldnt understand.  TV and Radio doesn't show the full spectrum.  Hell I aint even from the hood-Hood but once I moved over here (close by, real fuckin close by - 2blocks close by) I still didnt even understand it all until I just adapted and became part of my everyday surroundings and now I can't say I'm no hood nigga but I aint no carlton banks ass nigga either or no yung berg ass nigga either, I've done the dirt most niggaz waz scared to do (and not just for a rep or some shine).  Ya'll keep tryna tell me about Bruce Springsteen and give me some history lessons, but like I mentioned in my first post- the man is a legend, I was never doubting his shine or his name (I just think he's living off his name).  And Jamaicans dont fuck wit blacks in America like that either, we all cool with each other but there's still a funny feelin in the air when it comes to some.  And last I can say we, I've done been thru alot as a black person and an individual, so I deserve the right and I've obtained the knowledge to say we.  Just bcuz I'm on an internet forum doesn't mean I don't have my own backround.  I'm not one of these young ass kids on here still whining about some bullshit.

And I'm no Hendrix but I'm no William Hung neither.  And Go Go music is gonna be the new shit that America falls in love with- you doubt it now but thats the same shit they said about hip hop.  Go Go/Funk/Hip Hop go hand in hand with each, practically synonymous.

white Boy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2009, 04:47:07 AM »
i refuse to believe you are black

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2009, 04:57:52 AM »
i refuse to believe you are black

I'ma skull fuck your mother too  :yikes: and she'll tell you I'm black  :psych: