Poll

how much longer do you think that Aftermath will last?

19 (35.2%)
8 (14.8%)
8 (14.8%)
other option:
19 (35.2%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Author Topic: Poll: how much longer do you think that Aftermath will last?  (Read 1441 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: Poll: how much longer do you think that Aftermath will last?
« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2009, 08:14:38 AM »
I hope dre dismantels that weakass label and gets back to his western roots. Snoop Quik Kurupt Game Etc.

If the nigga didn't represent during the East vs West. I highly doubt he will go all West Coast.Besides you know if he did, tupac fans will go crazy and say "Oh the nigga represents now that pac's gone" or "Bitch Nigga, still can't get with pac" He be a huge Hypocrite, consider he put together a group whos only song was denouncing the feud, and said in Multiple interviews that he didn't believe in choosing sides, the fact he Sold Tupac's OG beat for Toss it up to another group and he Left snoop and Death Row nearly in a instant.

He be fucking crazy to represent now.

So not taking part in Pac's dumbass crusade makes him anti-west coast? Not even Snoop took a side, that was Pac's personal vendetta there was no east vs. west, even Pac admitted that. Without Dre there would've been no west coast for Pac to represent.

MoneyMack

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Young Gotstra
« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2009, 01:31:01 PM »
ok so Relapse' success is buying Aftermath some extra time, but i still think that interscope will sell Aftermath in the near future.
a minimal amount of aftermath projects have seen the light of the day, in the last few years.
not to mention that the roster has shrunk a lot.

also, interscope is not happy with 50 cent's singles, hence the album got pushed back several times.
all Aftermath has left is Eminem: there is no new star.
interscope wants Detox ASAP, but Dre is really taking his time so i wonder whether the company will take legal action against Dre.
i don't really know what kind of deal was made for Detox though.

so how long do you think that Aftermath will last? i've voted for 2011.
Eminem, Dre & 50 cent have placed their bets on the option that they've chosen, as you can see in this picture:

I hope a lot longer then they actually get ya kno?

Since Em's return....I'm bumpin all my Shady Records releases.

U got some very good points... thats all I gotta say tho haha.
Sick Wid' It - Lench Mob - DPG - PYO - Mad Science FAN 4 LIFE!

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2009, 01:34:20 PM »
ok so Relapse' success is buying Aftermath some extra time, but i still think that interscope will sell Aftermath in the near future.
a minimal amount of aftermath projects have seen the light of the day, in the last few years.
not to mention that the roster has shrunk a lot.

also, interscope is not happy with 50 cent's singles, hence the album got pushed back several times.
all Aftermath has left is Eminem: there is no new star.
interscope wants Detox ASAP, but Dre is really taking his time so i wonder whether the company will take legal action against Dre.
i don't really know what kind of deal was made for Detox though.

so how long do you think that Aftermath will last? i've voted for 2011.
Eminem, Dre & 50 cent have placed their bets on the option that they've chosen, as you can see in this picture:

I hope a lot longer then they actually get ya kno?

Since Em's return....I'm bumpin all my Shady Records releases.

U got some very good points... thats all I gotta say tho haha.
fair enough  ;)

Blasphemy

« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2009, 01:43:04 PM »
Dr. Dre created some bomb ass shit while he was on house arrest in the 1990s, I wouldn't doubt him putting in a studio in his home, if aftermath was going to end.Also why do people want Dr. Dre, Eminem, Bishop Lamont and Aftermath (and its subsidiaries) to fail??? Do they like the bullshit rap being produce by nearly every fucking artist today??? I'm not saying the previous mention artist are only ones who do good rap (Slim sold out with that Crack a bottle as a single, which everyone does now), but why do people want Aftermath to end???.

I mean Aftermath has made 2001, The Slim Shady LP, and The Marshall Mathers LP, and is continually trying to produce great artist, so what if they don't have many acts.Who gives a fuck I'd rather have a few quality artist then loads of bullshit ones that all sound the same. In the end west coast only has The Game, Bishop, and all the originals. We barely have anyone new.The south is pumping out artist left and right, and its all generic shit, no one tries to break the mold.

or the nigga can drop detox, be a huge disappointment while Eminem raps about pills, homos, his mom and shock lyrics and be acclaimed. lol guess will see  8) 8) 8)

you completely misunderstood this topic: this isn't about wishes, but about predictions of the future of aftermath.

also, you're confusing commercial success with talent.

No, I never talked about Talent, why the fuck would a company such as interscope give a damn about talent.They are in it for the money, because of the past success with Em, Dre, and to a lesser degree 50 cent, they have no reason to close Aftermath. Especially since people fans always hold Dr. Dre's production to high standards(some people actually just buy the album for the beat and not the artist).

Aftermath cares about Talent because Dr. Dre is running it.

Interscope gives a shit about profit. Since a few of Dr. Dre's products have been released from artist he chooses and already matched a huge amount of Critical success. Especially Money Wise.. I highly doubt they would drop him (or the math) since he's managed to build a huge portfolio of success, but again if Dr. Dre loses it then its possible they will sell off aftermath to make up some back profit. That's a course IF dre loses his flavor.
so you're saying that all the artists that were signed to the label at one point, are talented?

i beg to differ

Its not about me thinking of them as Talented, I don't give a shit about 50 Cent. I'm talking about dre. He only chooses these rappers because He thinks they have a spark. He was right with Snoop Dogg, and Eminem.Hittman had a lot of talent (He just got lost like the other artist when it came to releases).He choose 50 Cent cause he knew he would have appeal to the mainstream crowd.

So, Its not about me thinking they are talented. Its about Dre. He chooses which artist drop songs, and records with him. He made Bishop Lamont redo a bar 72 times until he got it right.If he thinks the artist has talent he'll invest Aftermath Resources into the rapper. Interscope is just distributing and gets in on it through the deal they made.

Blasphemy

« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2009, 02:00:41 PM »
I hope dre dismantels that weakass label and gets back to his western roots. Snoop Quik Kurupt Game Etc.

If the nigga didn't represent during the East vs West. I highly doubt he will go all West Coast.Besides you know if he did, tupac fans will go crazy and say "Oh the nigga represents now that pac's gone" or "Bitch Nigga, still can't get with pac" He be a huge Hypocrite, consider he put together a group whos only song was denouncing the feud, and said in Multiple interviews that he didn't believe in choosing sides, the fact he Sold Tupac's OG beat for Toss it up to another group and he Left snoop and Death Row nearly in a instant.

He be fucking crazy to represent now.

So not taking part in Pac's dumbass crusade makes him anti-west coast? Not even Snoop took a side, that was Pac's personal vendetta there was no east vs. west, even Pac admitted that. Without Dre there would've been no west coast for Pac to represent.

Everyone around that time was choosing sides (lots of people bought into the hype).Snoop Took pac's Side, but he said he liked Biggies muisc. Now their was no War, Just 2 groups going at it for their own reasons (Look up We don't fuck with pac fuck you part 2 mixtape to see just exactly which artist have dissed him back then, but praise his ass now and making money off his beats/fans).

Dre wasn't about representing, He was making records thats all he wanted to do, that's all he ever wanted to do.Look at The Chronic, after that he made Doggy Style's Production. Then he wasn't producing Death Row albums (he did mix a few of the tracks for the others), and was working on his own album (The Chronic 2 Poppa's got a brand new funk). When Tupac Came to Death Row and released all eyes (Dre was made to contribute 2 of his own beats for his album), Everyone went crazy. Hell It reached the 7x mark while tupac was still alive.

Then Tupac started this feud with biggie (Eventually growing and engrossing more Westcoast and East Coast artist). Dr. Dre didn't want the feud, he though the whole "war" wasn't needed.He also didn't like Death Row was starting to Degenerate from a business (well it wasn't always legit, but it was better in the beginning) to the point were it was all cliquish, Fellow artist weren't fucking with each other.Thing that pushed him over was Suge Knight assaulting a guy.

So his beat he had made for The Makaveli Album was sold to another band from another label (pissing tupac even more), he stopped all ties to Death Row and created a new Label and put together "The Firm" with artist who's only single was detesting the war. Now the fuck up part is it had Nas, and nas had dissed Tupac (you can hear em on the previous mixtape).Now everyone thought he was a traitor cause left the biggest California rap company, That was expanding (Doggystyle,Makaveli, East) into 1 of the largest empires, sold a beat he had given to Tupac, had not gone to snoops murder trial, nor even help him with his album. It be hard for him to represent considering he did all this, when everyone was representing California and he didn't want to.

Him doing it now, wouldn't be smart, and I actually don't think he cares about that sorta thing.If he had, He would of dropped something representing by now.We'll probably never see him represent California other then Cali love.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2009, 02:08:24 PM »
Dr. Dre created some bomb ass shit while he was on house arrest in the 1990s, I wouldn't doubt him putting in a studio in his home, if aftermath was going to end.Also why do people want Dr. Dre, Eminem, Bishop Lamont and Aftermath (and its subsidiaries) to fail??? Do they like the bullshit rap being produce by nearly every fucking artist today??? I'm not saying the previous mention artist are only ones who do good rap (Slim sold out with that Crack a bottle as a single, which everyone does now), but why do people want Aftermath to end???.

I mean Aftermath has made 2001, The Slim Shady LP, and The Marshall Mathers LP, and is continually trying to produce great artist, so what if they don't have many acts.Who gives a fuck I'd rather have a few quality artist then loads of bullshit ones that all sound the same. In the end west coast only has The Game, Bishop, and all the originals. We barely have anyone new.The south is pumping out artist left and right, and its all generic shit, no one tries to break the mold.

or the nigga can drop detox, be a huge disappointment while Eminem raps about pills, homos, his mom and shock lyrics and be acclaimed. lol guess will see  8) 8) 8)

you completely misunderstood this topic: this isn't about wishes, but about predictions of the future of aftermath.

also, you're confusing commercial success with talent.

No, I never talked about Talent, why the fuck would a company such as interscope give a damn about talent.They are in it for the money, because of the past success with Em, Dre, and to a lesser degree 50 cent, they have no reason to close Aftermath. Especially since people fans always hold Dr. Dre's production to high standards(some people actually just buy the album for the beat and not the artist).

Aftermath cares about Talent because Dr. Dre is running it.

Interscope gives a shit about profit. Since a few of Dr. Dre's products have been released from artist he chooses and already matched a huge amount of Critical success. Especially Money Wise.. I highly doubt they would drop him (or the math) since he's managed to build a huge portfolio of success, but again if Dr. Dre loses it then its possible they will sell off aftermath to make up some back profit. That's a course IF dre loses his flavor.
so you're saying that all the artists that were signed to the label at one point, are talented?

i beg to differ

Its not about me thinking of them as Talented, I don't give a shit about 50 Cent. I'm talking about dre. He only chooses these rappers because He thinks they have a spark. He was right with Snoop Dogg, and Eminem.Hittman had a lot of talent (He just got lost like the other artist when it came to releases).He choose 50 Cent cause he knew he would have appeal to the mainstream crowd.

So, Its not about me thinking they are talented. Its about Dre. He chooses which artist drop songs, and records with him. He made Bishop Lamont redo a bar 72 times until he got it right.If he thinks the artist has talent he'll invest Aftermath Resources into the rapper. Interscope is just distributing and gets in on it through the deal they made.
he has a certain influence, but interscope has a lot more influence on aftermath than Dre.

but you're right, when it comes to Dre being concerned with success.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2010, 08:18:23 AM »
this:
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=241420.0

and the sales of 50 cent's latest album are good reasons to bump this topic

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2010, 09:29:45 AM »
It all depends on if Jimmy gets his way. Jimmy is trying really hard to shut down Aftermath... he's been trying since atleast 2008.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2010, 09:42:35 AM »
It all depends on if Jimmy gets his way. Jimmy is trying really hard to shut down Aftermath... he's been trying since atleast 2008.
lol, does he want to sign Dr.Dre & Eminem directly to interscope?

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2010, 09:59:18 AM »

He's going to milk them for as much money as he can. You didn't hear it from me, but Dre actually owes Jimmy nearly 100 million bucks. Why do you think Dre is being pressured to get Lil' Wayne, Diddy, Fergie and the likes on DETOX?

Okka

« Reply #55 on: January 11, 2010, 10:03:11 AM »
You didn't hear it from me, but Dre actually owes Jimmy nearly 100 million bucks.

Damn, now that's fucked up. That's why Dre is always wearin' the same clothes at every awards and events like that. Actually he was wearin' the same clothes on the "Up In Smoke" tour the whole tour. Dr. Dre is poor, that's why he sold Aftermath to Jimmy :D

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #56 on: January 11, 2010, 10:35:07 AM »
You didn't hear it from me, but Dre actually owes Jimmy nearly 100 million bucks.

Damn, now that's fucked up. That's why Dre is always wearin' the same clothes at every awards and events like that. Actually he was wearin' the same clothes on the "Up In Smoke" tour the whole tour. Dr. Dre is poor, that's why he sold Aftermath to Jimmy :D
LOL

He's going to milk them for as much money as he can. You didn't hear it from me, but Dre actually owes Jimmy nearly 100 million bucks. Why do you think Dre is being pressured to get Lil' Wayne, Diddy, Fergie and the likes on DETOX?
so there could be a lawsuit coming, it seems

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #57 on: January 11, 2010, 01:30:23 PM »
is game on it now?  if that's the case it will be around a while
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....