Author Topic: NAS WANTS TO DEAD BEEF WITH JAY Z!  (Read 391 times)

Myrealname

NAS WANTS TO DEAD BEEF WITH JAY Z!
« on: November 14, 2002, 11:21:13 PM »
"Nas appeared on Angie Martinez' Hot 97 show today offering squashing his beef with Jay-Z and offering apologies for blowing up on various rappers. Nas said that his recent beefs were the result of miscommunications and personal matters.

"Me- I been ready to rectify it. We had the greatest battle that hip-hop has ever seen - and we should be happy with that - now its time to move on."

Despite Jay-Z taking swipes at Nas on his latest album, The Blueprint 2: The Gift And The Curse, the Queensbridge rapper said that he was ready to end his beef with his cross town rival.

"I just got treated like nothing and there was a lot of personal things going on in the rhymes like baby mothers," Nas said, referring to references Jay-Z made about sleeping with the mother of Nas' child. "Let's get the peace where it needs to be."

"You don't want to have a beef with somebody forever. Me and old boy [Jay-Z] were never friends so its hard to rectify the situation."

Nas said that after his incident at Hot 97's Summer Jam, where he was not allowed to perform his stage show the way he wanted, that he felt that everyone was "after him."

He also confirmed that he was planning a mock lynching of Jay-Z on the Summer Jam stage. "I was gonna let him know it was all fun at the end of the show. It would have been a historical moment."

Nas said that he reacted in a level that would have gotten him killed in the streets and told Martinez that he didn't have any animosity towards her or Funkmaster Flex.

"I shouted out a lot of rappers and that's not what I am about no more," Nas continued. "I need to chill because I wanna live long."

"I was warring with the radio station. What I said had boosted ratings for that other radio station. I'm chilling now. I just finished one of the most incredible albums," Nas said in reference to his latest album, God's Son.

The rapper offered apologies to Nelly, Nore, Flex, Angie and Cam'ron. "It's more serious that what people see on the outside. I just felt alone and my back was against the wall - I just felt like riding. I wanted to end it. I want everybody to know that I'm the big man [for peace]. I don't want my name involved in conflict anymore."

Nas said that there would be no disses to any rappers on his newest album, God's Son, and that the LP would be a "non-commercial" effort. "

(ahh).

Damn Nas has become a pussy like ja rule  :D

West Coast Veteran

Re:NAS WANTS TO DEAD BEEF WITH JAY Z!
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2002, 12:23:00 AM »
Damn. I don't know whether to call him a punk or say he matured. Leaning more towards punk but I still respect his music.

DPG4lyfe

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2002, 12:32:53 AM »
i gotta admit it he iz a punk :-\

infinite59

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2002, 02:45:12 AM »
This is so fake man.  People wanna be 2pac so bad.  They wanna sell records so bad.  The hip-hop game is just making a mockery of itself.  Pac was authentic, now beefs are just a joke.

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2002, 03:16:05 AM »
he saying sorry now cause he with the inc and now jay z can allways throw at his ass that he is as pop as they come ...but he dont want that....in other words he is a lil bitch...punked out ;)

One Eyed Willy

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • DIPSET
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2002, 09:50:19 AM »
ask nas, he don't want it with hov, noooooooooooooo

bez

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2002, 11:24:42 AM »
good for nas. I think that its time rappers and generally people learn taht life comes once.  Talking shit about somebody on a song could get you killed these days and there just aint no point. Plus I wud love to see Nas and jay Z on a track together, now that shit wud sell.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2002, 11:27:25 AM »
ask nas, he don't want it with hov, noooooooooooooo

LOL... just like he didn't want Jigga with Ether.

Nas, I think is doing the smart move. I think joining the Inc. was result of all the beef, and fighting eveyone by himself. That was acting more like 'Pac than now.

And as for Infinite's comments about beef, it isn't that beef now is watered down and not serious. It's that beef before 'Pac and Big was not serious, and they made us look and see if beef was actually good for rap, 'cause they took it further than anyone else. No one is trying to be 'Pac, 'cause if he was, Nas would have stayed beefing with everyone, and got himself killed. Nas is smart, people taking about his daughter, even after he served them lyrically, Jigga needs to show Nas why this beef should continue, not Nas continue to just beat on Jigga, 'cause Nas is ahead in the fight, now his offering peace. All Jigga gots is stone, Nas throwing tanks, an unfair war like Israel and the Palestinians.

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2002, 11:44:13 AM »

They still will never record together..
Straight outta Jigga's mouth.

And ImO..."Ether" didn't do much at all against Jay-Z.
"Takeover" was more of a humiliation than an actual attempt at a direct diss like Ether..
We all know they would never face eachother in a freestyle contest cause the winner would be so apparent.
I love both of their music equally but I do have the heart to admit that this beef was easily won by one.

I'll let your opinion's think for yourself, cause everyone has a different choice.
One
Hatesrats 2oo2

Myrealname

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2002, 12:06:43 PM »
We all know they would never face eachother in a freestyle contest cause the winner would be so apparent.
NO!

bez

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2002, 12:32:30 PM »
It aint apparent to me at all.  Nas got the lyrical gift and flow.  But can he freestyle!

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2002, 02:56:47 PM »
This is so fake man.  People wanna be 2pac so bad.  They wanna sell records so bad.  The hip-hop game is just making a mockery of itself.  Pac was authentic, now beefs are just a joke.
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

DPGC2003

• 'G'
  • Crissy M
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2002, 05:11:12 PM »
Nas is dope but he knows he can't fuck with Jigga when it comes to popularity and album sales...No matter how many Ether's he drops the NY fans will always back JIgga...
Rainstorm the back of the bank, bustin loose like Muggsy
Typhoons, Kurupt Calhoun
with a platoon of backwards ass buffoons
Ready to shoot anything that moves             Kurupt-Trylogy

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2002, 06:08:41 PM »
Nas is dope but he knows he can't fuck with Jigga when it comes to popularity and album sales...No matter how many Ether's he drops the NY fans will always back JIgga...

Nas won the vote in N.Y., and most agree that Nas won, his just saying that this beef is over for him. He won, nothing more to prove unless Jigga can shit on Nas again with another Takeover, which was a solid as a diss as it gets. Ether topped Takeover, that's not shitting on Takeover, it's praising Ether. Jigga worst move wasn't Takeover, it was Super Ugly, which lost it for Jigga. Now Jigga is trying to restart the battle, and I think Nas doesn't want to touch it with the lead. Until Jigga can drop Takeover 2 to go with Blueprint 2, which he didn't and in fact admitted that Nas won, and other rappers did too, then Nas gots nothing to say. Freestyle wise, which was smart by Jigga, Jigga would win, 'cause Nas can't freestyle, with the exception of the Stillmatic freestyle, which surprised all heads.

DPGC2003

• 'G'
  • Crissy M
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2002, 06:49:31 PM »

Nas won the vote in N.Y., and most agree that Nas won, his just saying that this beef is over for him. He won, nothing more to prove unless Jigga can shit on Nas again with another Takeover, which was a solid as a diss as it gets. Ether topped Takeover, that's not shitting on Takeover, it's praising Ether. Jigga worst move wasn't Takeover, it was Super Ugly, which lost it for Jigga. Now Jigga is trying to restart the battle, and I think Nas doesn't want to touch it with the lead. Until Jigga can drop Takeover 2 to go with Blueprint 2, which he didn't and in fact admitted that Nas won, and other rappers did too, then Nas gots nothing to say. Freestyle wise, which was smart by Jigga, Jigga would win, 'cause Nas can't freestyle, with the exception of the Stillmatic freestyle, which surprised all heads.
Nas won that vote but that was like a year ago, since then Jigga has reclaimed his spot as having NYC on lock...
Rainstorm the back of the bank, bustin loose like Muggsy
Typhoons, Kurupt Calhoun
with a platoon of backwards ass buffoons
Ready to shoot anything that moves             Kurupt-Trylogy