Author Topic: So, is no one here talking about the Late Night Wars going on?  (Read 1469 times)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
So, is no one here talking about the Late Night Wars going on?
« on: January 12, 2010, 05:04:37 PM »
Forgive me if it's being posted already but I don't see any threads and I don't know why there aren't any, but;

Leno's 10 O'Clock show failed and now NBC wants him back at 11:35. Then they wanted to push Conan to 12:05, but Conan just came out and said he won't do that. Conan's contract means his money is guaranteed whether they use him or not and it's a lot, like 20 mil.

The only two places for him to go if he leaves is Fox or cable, unless NBC changes their minds and leaves him at 11:35, which I don't think they will. My guess is he'll end up doing the Conan O'Brien Show on Fox.

Almost 20 years later and Jay's still a bitch.

Sikotic™

Re: So, is no one here talking about the Late Night Wars going on?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 05:31:30 PM »
I like Jay and enjoy his show more than Conan's to be honest, but Leno is a fuckin faggot for pulling this shit. Take a play from Carson's playbook, retire with class, and stop being such a puss just because your show failed. I don't blame Conan at all.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010, 05:36:16 PM »
I like Jay and enjoy his show more than Conan's to be honest, but Leno is a fuckin faggot for pulling this shit. Take a play from Carson's playbook, retire with class, and stop being such a puss just because your show failed. I don't blame Conan at all.

I like headlines but that's about it. Leno isn't edgy enough for me and there's a certain style he lacks. Always preferred Letterman. Definitely prefer Conan, but will probably prefer him even more on Fox where he'll have more freedom, if he goes there.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2010, 06:14:08 PM »
You guys are on point. 

elmizzy

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2010, 07:01:17 PM »
I don't find Jayo Leno's show appealing at all. He's funny at times but when I checked out his new show it felt like I was watching Oprah.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2010, 07:04:00 PM »
Conan is the best guy on TV (besides Craig lol).

they should eliminate Leno's show all together & just have Conan on from 10:30-12:30 lol.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2010, 07:13:38 PM »
rumors have it, Conan might go to Fox; being the only station without a Late Night Show these days.

it doesn't matter the channel, people are going to watch him; it just depends if NBC is willing to lose him.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2010, 07:52:17 PM »
rumors have it, Conan might go to Fox; being the only station without a Late Night Show these days.

it doesn't matter the channel, people are going to watch him; it just depends if NBC is willing to lose him.

It reminds me of that one time Peyton threw that TD to Harrison....

Just fucking with you.

I think NBC thinks Leno will be worth more ratings and can still go another 10 years, about the same age Johnny was when he retired. I personally would like to see Leno come back and fail, and have Conan do wonders on Fox, but I won't predict it to happen, because the odds aren't in favor.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2010, 08:36:10 PM »
Conan was castrated when he moved into that time slot.  I think this whole thing is hilarious.

NBC royally fucked up.  Conan should go to another network, but I hope he doesn't go to Fox

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2010, 08:42:32 PM »
fuck em all except kimmel.  :bandit:

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2010, 09:50:44 PM »
Conan was castrated when he moved into that time slot.  I think this whole thing is hilarious.

NBC royally fucked up.  Conan should go to another network, but I hope he doesn't go to Fox

Fox would be perfect for him. He'd have all the freedom he'd need to be his funniest.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2010, 09:57:58 PM »

Fox would be perfect for him. He'd have all the freedom he'd need to be his funniest.

He was perfect in his original setting on NBC.  Not saying I want him to stay there though.  He can go anywhere and be himself if he's in the proper time slot.

Fox doesn't deserve Conan.  Then again Fox doesn't deserve to be a major broadcasting station in the first place.

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2010, 10:05:59 PM »
conan should go back to the simpsons.  get that 40MM payout from nbc and go back to the yellow people.  lol

Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

Sikotic™

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2010, 10:46:14 PM »
The funny thing is this whole thing would of been avoidable if they just kept things the way they were. I
m not sure on the details, but did NBC force Leno into giving up the Tonight Show or did Leno announce that he was tired of doing it and ready to retire?

BTW, George Lopez > both Leno and Conan
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2010, 10:53:01 PM »
conan pushed to get the tonight show and nbc gave it to him even though he wasnt even beating furgeson in the same time slot.  if he cant beat furgeson, why would nbc put him up against letterman?  well, they did...

leno was getting nice ratings and nbc didnt wanna lose him so they gave him the 10 o clock spot, which also 'saved' them money cause they wouldnt have to produce a 'regular' show for that timeslot.  turns out they lost and are loosing millions with the current arrangement. 

its just a complete clusterfuck and i think the whole thing is FUBAR.  people lost interest in leno and conan and moved onto letterman and kimmel.  i dont think leno will ever have the same types of ratings again and nbc will continue to digg their own grave.