Author Topic: Slim The Mobster - I Aint Gonna Say Nuthin (Prod. by Jake One)  (Read 905 times)

Blood$

Re: Slim The Mobster - I Aint Gonna Say Nuthin (Prod. by Jake One)
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2011, 11:21:40 AM »
it's a grower after about 2 spins but I can see the 50 comparisons on this song, I dig it though maybe just cuz I like that gangsta shit  8)

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2011, 12:57:22 PM »
That intro nearly identical to 50's My Gun Go Off. 

Duke has failed to impress vocally.  Plus his rhyming is adequate at best.  What word play is dope?  This some simple shit.

I think it's a bad idea for him to release this ish.

Well it depends how you approach this. When I start listening to a new artist, I'm not expecting the next Eminem hahaha. You have to start from the bottom. So when I say his word play is tight, I'm not comparing him to a legend. Now I don't know who your favorite artist is or what you like but  to me it seems that you were expecting another Crooked I, lyrically. Your waaay off, if that's what you thought. He does have some similarity to 50 but I don't really listen to none of his shit anymore so maybe I forgot how he sounds. I can tell the difference.
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2011, 01:06:48 PM »
it's a grower after about 2 spins but I can see the 50 comparisons on this song, I dig it though maybe just cuz I like that gangsta shit  8)

That;s exactly what i mean. Spin this shit a couple times and you won't be tripping on his delivery and flow haha. I think idiots are confusing his verse with the chorus and the bridge. They can't tell when he actually starts his verse. hahah. The chorus is nothing special though.
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2011, 02:24:00 PM »

Duke has failed to impress vocally.  Plus his rhyming is adequate at best.  What word play is dope?  This some simple shit.

Well it depends how you approach this. When I start listening to a new artist, I'm not expecting the next Eminem hahaha. You have to start from the bottom. So when I say his word play is tight, I'm not comparing him to a legend. Now I don't know who your favorite artist is or what you like but  to me it seems that you were expecting another Crooked I, lyrically. Your waaay off, if that's what you thought. He does have some similarity to 50 but I don't really listen to none of his shit anymore so maybe I forgot how he sounds. I can tell the difference.
post some dope lines, not saying that you should convince me ( you can't), i'm just curious of your input

HighEyeCue

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2011, 03:31:27 PM »
beat is ok, Slim is ehhh

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2011, 01:36:44 AM »
beat is ok, Slim is ehhh
nah man, he's Detox secret weapon :D

HighEyeCue

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2011, 04:48:18 AM »
beat is ok, Slim is ehhh
nah man, he's Detox secret weapon :D

yeah I can't wait to hear him featured on the followup to I Need A Doctor ;D

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2011, 06:59:27 AM »

What are you even saying here? So his "wordplay" is tight compared to who then? There's no reason to start from the bottom, that just means an artist sucks.

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2011, 11:36:28 AM »

What are you even saying here? So his "wordplay" is tight compared to who then? There's no reason to start from the bottom, that just means an artist sucks.

Well yeah you keep saying that dude failed to impress vocally?? What the fuck does that mean? He is not a singer dick haha. What are you listening to? His voice or his lyrics? When I analyze an artist I start from the bottom. I don't listen to dudes and think, "if this guys aint better than biggie, he sucks" haha. I listen to what he brings and then comment on what I think. When i first heard about him, I did not expect anything big at all. I thought he was not good AT ALL. But i can honestly say that he is not bad. I think he is good and has skill, or at least more than what i expected. Im curious to ask you, Who do you listen to that gets you wet? gucci mayne? Young JOc? haha. Seriously though, who impresses you vocally and lyrically?

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2011, 11:40:29 AM »

post some dope lines, not saying that you should convince me ( you can't), i'm just curious of your input

Well if I can't convince you than why the fuck should I post anything? HAHAHA WHat a lame. Plus even If I did pots some "DOPE" lines, Im sure you would just be closed minded and ignore it. You already came acrcos like that. Since you think his shit is simple and are sesame street lines, why don;t you tell me instead what is dope to you? To me simple is gucci mayne, Young JOC, and most of the shit you hear now a days. That's simple. I can write better shit than them.

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2011, 11:47:39 AM »

I wan't to know what you listen to honestly. Jokes aside, let me know what you listen to or who you consider to be GREAt. WHo are your favorite artist's from, legends, to mainstream and underground.

Dargine

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Main Underground Stream
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2011, 12:56:04 PM »
Slim one of the best out right now.. matter fact, not just right now, but ever. "Cold Out Here" is dope as fuck.. 'like this new joint too.
http://TheMUSblog.blogspot.com

Everything about The D.O.C, Obie Trice, The Notorious B.I.G, Young Buck, Eminem, Pipe da Snipe, Devin the Dude, Six Street Mac, Dr. Dre, B.G. Knocc Out, YG Hootie, 50 Cent, Nate Dogg, 4-Bent & Black Rob.

YoungGotti

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2011, 01:03:09 PM »
Slim one of the best out right now.. matter fact, not just right now, but ever. "Cold Out Here" is dope as fuck.. 'like this new joint too.

free post ???

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2011, 01:07:35 PM »

I wan't to know what you listen to honestly. Jokes aside, let me know what you listen to or who you consider to be GREAt. WHo are your favorite artist's from, legends, to mainstream and underground.

I actually made a top 10 list for the first time a while ago. Here it is.

1. Masta Ace
2. J-Live
3. 2Pac
4. Nas
5. Aceyalone
6. Illogic
7. Ice Cube
8. Black Thought
9. Andre 3000
10. Gift of Gab

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2011, 01:43:34 PM »

I actually made a top 10 list for the first time a while ago. Here it is.

1. Masta Ace
2. J-Live
3. 2Pac
4. Nas
5. Aceyalone
6. Illogic
7. Ice Cube
8. Black Thought
9. Andre 3000
10. Gift of Gab

Cmon dawg, see this is exactly what I meant. Masta ACE is a legend, J-LIve, Aceyalone, Illogic, Black Thought (The roots) LEGEND, Gift of GAb are all well respected underground artist and legends. PAC, NAS, ICE CUBE, ANDRE 3000 are also on my top 10 coincidently. 2Pac and Cube probably my favorite WESTOCAST ARTIST of all time. I also love DJ QUIk. ANdre 3000 WOW!! probably my favorite in the south and NAS probably my favorite in the EAST with Biggie and the WU. But honestly too many to name. I also listen to the PHarcyde, DELTRON, SOULS of MISCHIEF, Pharoahe MOnch, BLACKSTAR, I listen to a lot of shit. I respect your list and SLIM the MOBSTER has much to prove for me to even consider him in a list like this. I been on HIP HOP forever and that's why I wanted to test your knowledge. I think Slim the MObster is tight but not at that level. First of all, this guys is RAW gangsta RAP. So i can't even compare him to many of the guys from your list. Usually I consider Gangsta RAppers to be less lyrical than hardcore HIP HOP artist. This guy is a straight G, so I listen to Lyrics basing it on his street G rap ability and slang. His word play is pretty clever and is not SIMPLE. Dre won't be wasting his time with SIMPLE rhymes. I don't expect SLIM to be the greatest lyricist, like a CROOKED I but he can be a DOPE gangsta RAPPER in my opinion. The guys is not fake and you can believe what he says. Im from LA, so maybe I just have that Gangster RAp background that I can understand. It's a bit difficult for me to explain what i truly mean. Yes, if we compare him to the guys in your list, he is definitely not at that level. I wouldn't even argue that.