Author Topic: Question for Dubcnn staff  (Read 886 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: Question for Dubcnn staff
« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2011, 03:15:40 PM »
16,000 since 2002. Almost 10 years buddy.

lol you're talking about me sacrificing my life when you've been here for 10 years?

On topic: I think a great idea would be to have "west coast song of the month" or something like that. The whole staff could vote on the best quality song out of all the tracks they've covered, including the lesser known rappers. And then have that song up there for a month.

As far as Dubcnn covering new rappers, they definitely do, I will give them that. However, I was speaking in general how there is no quality control. Someone sends them a song and they post it. I think Nima even made a thread saying something along those lines. Would be great if they were promoting the "music the Dubcnn staff is feeling the most", as opposed to "whoever sends us a track to promote" or "anything with a big name attached, even most people think it sucks."

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • https://soundcloud.com/fonkarround
« Reply #46 on: August 28, 2011, 03:23:43 PM »

lol you're talking about me sacrificing my life when you've been here for 10 years?

On topic: I think a great idea would be to have "west coast song of the month" or something like that. The whole staff could vote on the best quality song out of all the tracks they've covered, including the lesser known rappers. And then have that song up there for a month.

As far as Dubcnn covering new rappers, they definitely do, I will give them that. However, I was speaking in general how there is no quality control. Someone sends them a song and they post it. I think Nima even made a thread saying something along those lines. Would be great if they were promoting the "music the Dubcnn staff is feeling the most", as opposed to "whoever sends us a track to promote" or "anything with a big name attached, even most people think it sucks."
Well, its a site for people checkin for west coast music- so as long as staff may dont feel something, others may find it interesting, so they are posting what they get. Thats pretty good way to run a site for bigger amount of people.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #47 on: August 28, 2011, 03:38:39 PM »
The real question to dubcnn/dubcc is why don't they post music from upcoming acts!  They need to set up a department for just handling new cats from the west!

and they need to censor the word nigga cause the only people saying it on here are non blacks

My nigga spitting knowledge.

They promote Dre & somehow say with a straight face "The West is dead". They need to be throwing some Kendrick on here.

dubcnn post a LOT of articles promoting upcoming cats, you clearly don't check the site on a regular basis. dubcc on the other hand rarely discuss them.

I don't check the site, ever lol. For all I know, Spice could be lying about it. However, if it really is that Dre song. It shouldn't be. Simple as that.

Then you might want to check out the site then  ;)

http://www.dubcnn.com/

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #48 on: August 28, 2011, 03:59:41 PM »
The real question to dubcnn/dubcc is why don't they post music from upcoming acts!  They need to set up a department for just handling new cats from the west!

and they need to censor the word nigga cause the only people saying it on here are non blacks

They promote Dre & somehow say with a straight face "The West is dead". They need to be throwing some Kendrick on here.

dubcnn post a LOT of articles promoting upcoming cats, you clearly don't check the site on a regular basis. dubcc on the other hand rarely discuss them.

I don't check the site, ever lol. For all I know, Spice could be lying about it. However, if it really is that Dre song. It shouldn't be. Simple as that.

Where is it?

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #49 on: August 28, 2011, 04:03:23 PM »

Well, its a site for people checkin for west coast music- so as long as staff may dont feel something, others may find it interesting, so they are posting what they get. Thats pretty good way to run a site for bigger amount of people.

But as it is now they force us to sort through everything they post. There's less incentive for the casual music fans to check it out.

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • https://soundcloud.com/fonkarround
« Reply #50 on: August 28, 2011, 04:14:29 PM »

But as it is now they force us to sort through everything they post. There's less incentive for the casual music fans to check it out.
You cant please all.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: August 28, 2011, 05:40:39 PM »

Where is it?

Where is what?

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: August 28, 2011, 05:43:22 PM »

Force? Even with the current setup it's easy enough to pick and choose what you do and don't want to listen to. Again you seem to have some ideas or solutions to the problem if there is one, so email them directly and bring it to their attention.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #53 on: August 28, 2011, 07:49:44 PM »

Where is it?

Where is what?

The Dre song this thread is about.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: August 28, 2011, 09:12:24 PM »

Where is it?

Where is what?

That song has not been on the front page in a while lol.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #55 on: August 28, 2011, 09:49:13 PM »

Where is it?

Where is what?

That song has not been on the front page in a while lol.

It's on the page right now

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #56 on: August 28, 2011, 09:53:17 PM »

Force? Even with the current setup it's easy enough to pick and choose what you do and don't want to listen to. Again you seem to have some ideas or solutions to the problem if there is one, so email them directly and bring it to their attention.

I'm saying that a casual music fan isn't going to listen to 50+ songs to find something worth listening to. They don't have the patience. They probably won't even bother with the site (as evident by people here admitting they never check dubcnn). Don't you think it would be a more complete site if they focused on promoting the best from the west rather than anything from the west? I'm just sayin....my favorite blogs are the ones where the owners put up the music they are feeling, not just whatever's out. Maybe you don't agree, but I think its worth discussing at least.

Al Bundy

« Reply #57 on: August 28, 2011, 10:32:31 PM »
if you don't like dubcnn, then make your own blog.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #58 on: August 28, 2011, 10:42:22 PM »
if you don't like dubcnn, then make your own blog.

Why are you so mad? Are opinions not welcome anymore? I like what they're doing and I have suggestions to improve it.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #59 on: August 29, 2011, 12:09:48 AM »
I would not consider dubcnn a blog. It is a full fledged website and gas been for 10+ years. Outside of what hiphopdx does with their hottest singles, a site this big is gonna be impossible to cover everything or a small amount. And just by following this forum, people will still complain about the tracks that are picked for singles. Catch 22. Seriously though if you really serious about suggesting things, email Rud about it.