Author Topic: Kurupt is working on his new album with Fredwreck  (Read 1085 times)

bouli77

Re: Kurupt is working on his new album with Fredwreck
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2012, 09:53:50 AM »
You guys don't like Blaqkout? I thought it was the best thing those two put out since the 90's. Too bad Quik couldn't keep it up and released the boring Book of David last year. Streetlights wasn't worth listening to even once.

But yeah looking forward to this, Fredwreck is a great producer.

i liked Blaqkout, the production is good and so is the vibe overall. i just didn't really like Kurupt on it... I haven't been able to listen to Streetlights entirely but what I listened was not very good IMO. idk i can't take kurupt seriously nowadays... it is true that Kurupt has done some of his best solo stuff with Fredwreck though.

Matty

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2012, 10:24:36 AM »
You guys don't like Blaqkout? I thought it was the best thing those two put out since the 90's. Too bad Quik couldn't keep it up and released the boring Book of David last year. Streetlights wasn't worth listening to even once.

But yeah looking forward to this, Fredwreck is a great producer.

i liked Blaqkout, the production is good and so is the vibe overall. i just didn't really like Kurupt on it... I haven't been able to listen to Streetlights entirely but what I listened was not very good IMO. idk i can't take kurupt seriously nowadays... it is true that Kurupt has done some of his best solo stuff with Fredwreck though.

Book of David is easily better than Blaqkout. Both have great tracks, Blaqkout a few more duds.

bouli77

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2012, 10:30:49 AM »
I should listen to Book of David again... I liked it when it came out, the production was very good and polished but with hindsight the overall vibe was kinda stale, Quik sounds uninspired rapwise. I guess I listened to Nobody and Luv of my Life too many times lol.

Matty

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2012, 10:37:38 AM »
I should listen to Book of David again... I liked it when it came out, the production was very good and polished but with hindsight the overall vibe was kinda stale, Quik sounds uninspired rapwise. I guess I listened to Nobody and Luv of my Life too many times lol.

i've listened to it a lot and it definitely gets better and better. every track is dope in its own way, but i'll skip a lot of tracks in the middle. it's mainly at the start and end where my favourite tracks are at.

do today
ghetto rendezvous
luv of my life
real women
nobody
flow for sale
so compton

the rest is on a 'if i feel like listening to it' basis.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2012, 11:35:09 AM »
I thought I was the only one who dug Blaqkout more than Book Of David.

HighEyeCue

« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2012, 03:41:09 PM »
Kurupt's my fav rapper but he needs to step it up lyrically for me to get interested again

EFFeX

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2012, 04:27:32 PM »
If Kurupt drops an ENTIRE album with Fredwreck, it could be epic. Hopefully it's not just one track.

doublee313

« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2012, 04:36:07 PM »
If Kurupt drops an ENTIRE album with Fredwreck, it could be epic. Hopefully it's not just one track.

Agreed 100%.  Fred better get Kurupt to polish up his lyrics because his past 3-4 years have been terrible.  Kurupt started just freestyling or something after Space Boogie.  His lyrics don't match the title track, his rhymes are repeated (nigga, nigga, nigga), and he talks to much "nuclear napalm, eagles flying, torpedo" crap which is just filler.  Hopefully Fred can keep him focused because Kurupt is a cocky nigga and thinks he can do whatever (which just doesn't work).

I'd like to see this album IF it's all Fredwreck and the DPC crew on it.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2012, 06:26:31 PM »
History Of Violence I hope they keep that title for the album. Aight that's one of at least 6 or 7 projects he said that was supposed to drop.

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2012, 06:54:41 PM »
yea they were working on a duo-project "The Operativez", doubt this is it tho

some  recent Fredwreck/Kurupt-collabos

and

« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 07:26:34 PM by Michael Madsen »

b.laden

« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2012, 12:37:10 AM »
it can only be better than blacqout .. kurupt need that hard gangsta beat not a jazz or blues sample ( and i like jazz music ..)

TheRemedy360Ressurection

« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2012, 12:41:00 AM »
I'll check it out, but Kurupt has fallen off pretty hard. Streetlights and Blaqkout both had some nice songs but overall forgettable albums.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2012, 01:43:21 AM »
History Of Violence I hope they keep that title for the album. Aight that's one of at least 6 or 7 projects he said that was supposed to drop.
yeah wasnt that announced 5 years ago?

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2012, 02:39:53 AM »
yeah wasnt that announced 5 years ago?

Pretty close yeah

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.