Author Topic: Kurupt Ft. Crooked I and Xzibit - Step Up  (Read 2591 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: Kurupt Ft. Crooked I and Xzibit - Step Up
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2021, 11:49:08 AM »

royce has a really dope album .... check out his album “prhyme” .. entirely produced by dj premier

same with crook .. his album “statik kxng” was some great stuff

Would you put "prhyme" or "statik Kxng" up there with any of the albums I mentioned...

-The 99-2001 Bootleg Royce disc (you sent me actually ;D)
-Rass Kass - Soul On Ice
-Bad Meetz Evil EP
-Canibus - Can-I-Bus or BC2000
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sccit

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2021, 12:25:39 AM »
^its on par or better than everything u listed outside of soul on ice, which was a classic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2021, 10:01:20 PM »
^its on par or better than everything u listed outside of soul on ice, which was a classic

maybe you right, but it's just hard for me to get into anything that came out after Nas dropped Hip-Hop is Dead in 07
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

Sccit

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2021, 12:54:01 AM »
maybe you right, but it's just hard for me to get into anything that came out after Nas dropped Hip-Hop is Dead in 07

sounds mental

you’ve built an imaginary barricade that only exists in your mind with an exact date on rap projects

fascinating homie

The following users thanked this post: Okka

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2021, 03:05:30 AM »

sounds mental

you’ve built an imaginary barricade that only exists in your mind with an exact date on rap projects

fascinating homie

Yo.. check the name on the sig I'm Infinite Trapped in 96 homie!!

HighEyeCue

« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2021, 12:59:47 AM »
Yo.. check the name on the sig I'm Infinite Trapped in 96 homie!!

I agree that the 90's era was the best in terms of quality music

many artists are still releasing heat though you just have to look harder for it

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2021, 03:04:21 AM »
I agree that the 90's era was the best in terms of quality music

many artists are still releasing heat though you just have to look harder for it

I don't think ya'll understand what I'm saying--I am literally stuck in a time warp... My true love moved away and left me and Pac got murdered in the same week and my heart broke, and I ain't ever been the same since, I just got stuck there and never moved on... I am not of this rhyme...

...and I am not finna waste my time forcing trash music from a trash era down... when there is still so much to discover and uncover from the golden eras.  You know it wasn't until just last week that I really bumped Biz Markie?  Sure I knew him, and had seen him in numerous videos, interviews, documentaries, bits and pieces, etc... but I mean actually sit and give a serious listen through his music with all my focus and attention I had never done that until just last week..

They say ODB is the ol dirty bastard but he ain't a bastard (I'm a bastard my bio father was an anonymous sperm donor artificial insemination I'm more bastard than he is)... ODB has a father--- the father to his style is BIZ MARKIE!!   Go check out some Biz Markie in depth and then go back and watch ODB again through the lens of Biz.. even U-God said it

HighEyeCue

« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2021, 06:25:18 AM »
I don't think ya'll understand what I'm saying--I am literally stuck in a time warp... My true love moved away and left me and Pac got murdered in the same week and my heart broke, and I ain't ever been the same since, I just got stuck there and never moved on... I am not of this rhyme...

...and I am not finna waste my time forcing trash music from a trash era down... when there is still so much to discover and uncover from the golden eras.  You know it wasn't until just last week that I really bumped Biz Markie?  Sure I knew him, and had seen him in numerous videos, interviews, documentaries, bits and pieces, etc... but I mean actually sit and give a serious listen through his music with all my focus and attention I had never done that until just last week..

They say ODB is the ol dirty bastard but he ain't a bastard (I'm a bastard my bio father was an anonymous sperm donor artificial insemination I'm more bastard than he is)... ODB has a father--- the father to his style is BIZ MARKIE!!   Go check out some Biz Markie in depth and then go back and watch ODB again through the lens of Biz.. even U-God said it

I never was really a fan of the Bay Area music of the 90's, I went back in recent years and listened to 40, Short, Spice 1, Luniz and learned to appreciate them as well

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2021, 10:24:25 AM »
I never was really a fan of the Bay Area music of the 90's, I went back in recent years and listened to 40, Short, Spice 1, Luniz and learned to appreciate them as well

Bay Area shit is like No Limit to me... sub par and 3rd rate.  In fact it’s about like KC rap and Kansas City and the Bay always had a link I even had a girlfriend that was E-40’s cousin some years back

Okka

« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2021, 01:39:24 PM »
Bay Area shit is like No Limit to me... sub par and 3rd rate.  In fact it’s about like KC rap and Kansas City and the Bay always had a link I even had a girlfriend that was E-40’s cousin some years back

Sub par and 3rd rate? You need to clean your fuckin' ears. I don't think you understand how stupid this shit makes you look.

Sccit

« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2021, 06:59:46 AM »
Sub par and 3rd rate? You need to clean your fuckin' ears. I don't think you understand how stupid this shit makes you look.

it’s infinite .... one far hell check mac dre the way he did biz markie. maybe in 2033.

HighEyeCue

« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2021, 08:28:07 AM »

not a fan of No Limit so Im not really going to comment on them

as far as the Bay they basically got no airplay here in NYC even on mix shows...Luniz "I Got 5 On It" being the exception. My only exposure came through The Box and BET Rap City. I did get the Luniz single and Rappin 4-Tays "Ain't No Playa" at the local mom and pop near my house. I gave the Bay a chance sometime around the late 2000s and discovered I really dug their style. I still prefer LA rap but expanded my horizons

anyway maybe the Bay is not your cup of tea but to call them 3rd rate is pretty much an insult when they have as many legends as any region

Proc pka KP

« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2021, 10:17:56 AM »
Infinite shitted on this thread. Pimp of the year

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2021, 09:08:26 PM »
not a fan of No Limit so Im not really going to comment on them

as far as the Bay they basically got no airplay here in NYC even on mix shows...Luniz "I Got 5 On It" being the exception. My only exposure came through The Box and BET Rap City. I did get the Luniz single and Rappin 4-Tays "Ain't No Playa" at the local mom and pop near my house. I gave the Bay a chance sometime around the late 2000s and discovered I really dug their style. I still prefer LA rap but expanded my horizons

anyway maybe the Bay is not your cup of tea but to call them 3rd rate is pretty much an insult when they have as many legends as any region

have as many legends as any region?  Please stack up their legends to legends from L.A. or N.Y., there is no comparison... or take just Queensbridge alone, or Atlanta, if you want to be more fair...

I was a fan of Rappin 4 Tay "I'll Be There" and "PLayer's Club" in the day, Too Short "Gettin It"... some of my all time favorite songs.  But that's not saying much.  I still say they are 3rd rate just like I say No Limit is 3rd rate.   I'm not hating on them.  No Limit, I was a big fan of the I'm Bout It project both the movie and album.  I also bumped a lot of there other shit is just didn't age well.

I do put them behind East Coast, West Coast, Atlanta, Detroit.  But in their defense I do put them ahead of anything Kansas City or South hip-hop (excluding Atlanta) like Cash Money type shit

Sccit

« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2021, 10:59:13 PM »
have as many legends as any region?  Please stack up their legends to legends from L.A. or N.Y., there is no comparison... or take just Queensbridge alone, or Atlanta, if you want to be more fair...

I was a fan of Rappin 4 Tay "I'll Be There" and "PLayer's Club" in the day, Too Short "Gettin It"... some of my all time favorite songs.  But that's not saying much.  I still say they are 3rd rate just like I say No Limit is 3rd rate.   I'm not hating on them.  No Limit, I was a big fan of the I'm Bout It project both the movie and album.  I also bumped a lot of there other shit is just didn't age well.

I do put them behind East Coast, West Coast, Atlanta, Detroit.  But in their defense I do put them ahead of anything Kansas City or South hip-hop (excluding Atlanta) like Cash Money type shit

norcal is the second best region behind socal

too short
e-40
digital underground
spice 1
luniz
c-bo
nickatina
jacka
mac dre
brotha lynch
del