Author Topic: SNOOP DOGG - BACC ON DEATH ROW (Official Discussion)  (Read 14358 times)

haliaeetus albicilla

Re: SNOOP DOGG - BACC ON DEATH ROW (Official Discussion)
« Reply #360 on: February 12, 2022, 12:55:18 AM »
The intro of the first song of the album still smokin has changed on the streaming platforms - not the og sample; 'like we always do about this time', but just snoop saying it.

I think snoop just bought the logo and name of the label but no music rights.

Now he is just making free promotion for the real owners of the music rights.

Dre should step up and buy the music, including the 2pac material.

The following users thanked this post: JeremyM

AftermathBeats

« Reply #361 on: February 12, 2022, 01:04:00 AM »
The album is awesome except for 2 tracks. You can feel that he tried to combine the old Death row sound with new, when you see the whole thing, the album is one of his best he brought out. I also woke up in the 90s and the same discussions also existed back then, everything that are classics today was also divided at the time. When Dre and Snoop came out, everyone waited for what came next, what came out, The Above the Rim soundtrack 3 hip hop tracks the rest of the Rnb mainstream of that time, Snoop definitely tries to convey the feeling of that time

AftermathBeats

« Reply #362 on: February 12, 2022, 01:06:18 AM »
The intro of the first song of the album still smokin has changed on the streaming platforms - not the og sample; 'like we always do about this time', but just snoop saying it.

I think snoop just bought the logo and name of the label but no music rights.

Now he is just making free promotion for the real owners of the music rights.

Dre should step up and buy the music, including the 2pac material.

Most tracks were finished before the Death Row deal was over

haliaeetus albicilla

« Reply #363 on: February 12, 2022, 01:33:48 AM »
Most tracks were finished before the Death Row deal was over

The first version of the album had the og sample 'like we always do about this time', like the Chronic, Doggystyle and Dogg Food.
After hearing that yesterday it gave me chills.
A day later shit changed to just Snoop saying 'like we always do about this time'.

Thinking about the whole situation with Blackstone - they are not stupid. They use Snoopy as a marketing tool, while they still own the masters.
Something like that.

AftermathBeats

« Reply #364 on: February 12, 2022, 01:59:09 AM »
The first version of the album had the og sample 'like we always do about this time', like the Chronic, Doggystyle and Dogg Food.
A day later shit changed to just Snoop saying 'like we always do about this time'.

Thinking about the whole situation with Blackstone - they are not stupid. They use Snoopy as a marketing tool, while they still own the masters.
Something like that.
I think the album came too early, many songs were made before the deal, and if you read it, we are only in the transition from the negotiations, Snoop will still get the Masters and everything but the business is still ongoing, the contract negotiations with the artists will also start in the next few weeks

Jarkone

« Reply #365 on: February 12, 2022, 04:11:23 AM »

Something like that.

I’m listening to it right now on Spotify (Europe). It is not changed.

The following users thanked this post: Sccit

Orbyte

« Reply #366 on: February 12, 2022, 04:18:56 AM »
I’m listening to it right now on Spotify (Europe). It is not changed.
I use Tidal (Europe) it's changed on there.

Orbyte

« Reply #367 on: February 12, 2022, 04:25:15 AM »
I'm not even through my second listen but I keep replaying the intro. The only thing that bugs me is that the moog is quite. How can you do that?? :00  ;D
« Last Edit: February 12, 2022, 05:02:45 AM by Orbyte »

Mr. Sunshine

« Reply #368 on: February 12, 2022, 06:34:04 AM »
Anybody heard the 3 Bonus Tracks, or has any info?

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #369 on: February 12, 2022, 06:45:46 AM »
Anybody heard the 3 Bonus Tracks, or has any info?

You need $$$$$$ to get access to them

JeremyM

« Reply #370 on: February 12, 2022, 07:10:23 AM »
I use Tidal (Europe) it's changed on there.

Changed on US Tidal as well. I downloaded it off iTunes so I have the original from there at least. Sounds much better with the OG sample.

Mr. Sunshine

« Reply #371 on: February 12, 2022, 08:16:49 AM »
too bad Outside The Box (feat. Nate Dogg) is so short, Warren G would have been a great feature

The following users thanked this post: JeremyM, topdogg188

geezy

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Dogg Pound Gangsta 4 Life (west coast love).
« Reply #372 on: February 12, 2022, 09:43:54 AM »
DJ Green Lantern lost his mind with that Crip Ya Enthusiasm beat lol, I love how he flipped the theme for this G song.

Hahaha….I still have a stupid grin on my face whenever I get to that track 😂😂

Snoop sounding sharp on it makes it even better
Arsenal 4 Life!!!!!!!!!!

The following users thanked this post: haliaeetus albicilla

Mr. Sunshine

« Reply #373 on: February 12, 2022, 11:29:15 AM »
Remember the Post/Video from Prohoezak shortly before or after From Tha Streets 2 Tha Suites, with all the Folders!Doesn't mean that the album was already finished, but since the deal didn't come about overnight, it was probably planned for a long time and I have to say, I would have expected more!I would have been more excited about a concept album!Snoop should have just taken his time and used more beats that fit the album title because there are definitely beats / tracks on it that would have fitted perfectly. Also if you look at Snoop Dogg Presents - Algorithm, even if it was only released digitally, there was a back cover with all the information regarding producers, engineers etc. I'm already glad that the cover was made by joe cool!They don't have to be old tracks, which would have been nonsense, but at least the old crew, or should we say slaves from Death Row, at least a few feat would have been awesome! No matter now that Snoop is involved, at least music from one of the biggest labels back in the days is coming

01. Still Smokin'
Produced By DJ Battlecat
Great Intro and after that one actually suspects the typical sound

02. Gun Smoke
Produced By Hi-Tek
also a bit too short, a Dion Feat would be awesome, but i really like the Hi-Tek beat...typical sound!

03. Coming Back (Feat. October London & Nefertitti Avani)
Produced By DJ Battlecat
simply good, you start nodding your head right away, but more of an Algorithm leftover (and its a shame really GOOD TRACK) but would have been more appropriate

04. Sandwich Bag
Produced By Bink!
the perfect sound for Snoop, this smooth sound that just suits Snoop and really a really good production by Bink! , Talkbox by Dj Battlecat...i hear Jay-Z on it too!

05. Conflicted (Feat. Nas)
Produced By Hit-Boy
Hit-Boy delivered again, too bad only one hook from Nas, i can hear them back and forth over the entire track

06. Daddy (Feat. Emo Trap)
Produced By Hit-Boy
don't know what to think of the track, Snoop definitely has a good flow, but the feat...what the heck

07. Doggystylin'
Produced By Soopafly
typical death row sound I would say now and simply fits the album name sound technically
if I remember correctly tha Eastsidaz were in the video so why not a feat.?

08. Crip Ya Enthusiasm
Produced By DJ Green Lantern
I think it goes really well with Snoop, great prdocution THX Green Lantern
someone said bad beat, no plan what else... all i can say is do you still have them all, i totally celebrate the thing and snoop sounds great

09. Gotta Keep Pushing (Feat. T.I. & Sleepy Brown)
Produced By Hollis
another case like that, would have fit better on the Algorithm album, or Big Boi & Sleepy Brown - Big Sleepover, but i like the 80's vibe

10. House I Built
Produced By Hit-Boy
Hit-Boy delivered again, and Snoop also sounds good on beats originally planned for Nas...definitely a dope song

11. Outside The Box (Feat. Nate Dogg & DJ Battlecat)
Produced By DJ Battlecat
for me as a nate dogg fan, one of the best tracks on the album and i also think battlecats production fits, too bad the track is so short, warren g would be a good addition

12. Jerseys In The Rafters (Feat. The Game)
Produced By Hit-Boy
as already mentioned Hit-Boy again, and i like the track, vibe wise it would go really well with the album title but if i'm being honest more of a The Game feat Snoop track

13. Pop Pop (Feat. DaBaby)
Produced By Trevor Lawrence Jr.
here we are again, would have fitted the Algorithm album much better...it would have been better to save

14. Catch A Vibe (Feat. HeyDeon)
Produced By Soopafly

15. It's In The Air (Feat. Uncle Murda & Jane Handcock)
Produced By Nottz
great Nottz production, I would have skipped Uncle Murda, but one question...it says feat. Jane Handcock, she's a lady, but I hear a male voice in the hook
and if we just take the beat here, it fits perfectly with the album title

16. We Don't Gotta Worry No More (Feat. Wiz Khalifa)
Produced By Don Cannon
I don't like it that much, that's all I can say about it, but why not on the Algorithm album

17. Get This Dick (Feat. Lil Duval & October London)
Produced By Trevor Lawrence Jr.
summer feeling,  but again why not on the Algorithm album

18. Snoopy Don't Go (Feat. October London)
Produced By DJ Battlecat
wow, reminds me of the Bishop Don Magic Juan, 213 , Welcome to tha Chuuch times...that's just the perfect sound for Snoop

Al Bundy

« Reply #374 on: February 12, 2022, 12:26:35 PM »
You need $$$$$$ to get access to them

Got a link?